Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #1306
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Craig and Sharon (although Ozzies ) who we met under a wet tree, good buggas and currently RTWing too.
Ah my friends from Australia's seventh state - it great to meet and get to know both of you. I am not sure about those ice on your gear photo's in Alaska - I am on my way there next week.

Quote:
Good advice I will give to anyone contemplating riding around the world with your partner, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, alien or whatever is make sure you have you own time and plenty of it as you will be together 24/7.
Even if you think all of Andi's other advice is rubbish , pay heed to this it is good advice (probably came from Ellen ). I totally agree - I would add allow 3 months to settle into and adjust to travelling together. It is much different to sharing a house.

Blokes your partner, if female (or effeminate), needs the comforts of the west from time to time, ladies - learn to use a squat toilet before leaving home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:24 AM   #1307
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTKNZ View Post
Andi and Ellen, you bring tears to the eye.....
Sometimes in laughter, other times in sympathy, still others in envy.
Keep up the good work.

Go Kiwis!
...... not sure which to choose, being in the thick of it we have had all of them but way more than which is great
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:26 AM   #1308
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUONOV4RHOON View Post
man it seems like yesterday since we caught up in edmonton , time flies when ya havn fun aye ?
Mate we were just looking at those pics the other day and saying how coooool was that.

Really neat catching up with you guys and sifting around in Canada ... what are you doing next week?
Old 05-12-2013, 05:33 AM   #1309
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciedema View Post
Ah my friends from Australia's seventh state - it great to meet and get to know both of you. I am not sure about those ice on your gear photo's in Alaska - I am on my way there next week.
You are in for a treat mate .... Alaska is AWESOME but be very careful cos you won't wonna leave ... BTW the Alaskans are just like Kiwis

Quote:
Even if you think all of Andi's other advice is rubbish , pay heed to this it is good advice (probably came from Ellen ). I totally agree - I would add allow 3 months to settle into and adjust to travelling together. It is much different to sharing a house.

Blokes your partner, if female (or effeminate), needs the comforts of the west from time to time, ladies - learn to use a squat toilet before leaving home!
Yeap mostly fulla shit ...at least until I have a coffee but seriously the time to do bloke stuff and chic stuff individually comes to the top every time.

Kevin and Karen from Guzzi Overland gave us this good advice and like seasoned travellers their advice was spot on.

Three months to settle in, not far off.

So dudes go do dude stuff and chics go do chic stuff
Old 05-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #1310
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,914
Quote:
You are in for a treat mate .... Alaska is AWESOME but be very careful cos you won't wonna leave ... BTW the Alaskans are just like Kiwis
Are they nice or are they like Kiwis - you can't have both

Quote:
Kevin and Karen from Guzzi Overland gave us this good advice and like seasoned travellers their advice was spot on.
Speaking of those guys - I am hoping to catch up them in next week or so. They are in Vancouver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #1311
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Are they nice or are they like Kiwis - you can't have both
Yeah .... just nice

Quote:
Speaking of those guys - I am hoping to catch up them in next week or so. They are in Vancouver.
Well shit say a BIG hello from us, they stayed with us for a week at home, he did a valve and re-ring and switch block rewire in my man cave.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #1312
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoUpTourer View Post
john in Oz (an island off the west coast of NZ)
Continent?
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:42 AM   #1313
flying kiwi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Hey Andi and Ellen, congrats on the the big 12 months! I guess like many, we were wondering if you would keep going, but you are a tenacious bugger Andy, and giving up on something has never been a virtue of yours or Ellen's.
Life ticks away and for sure, you are making the most of yours! We will be sharing a beer or three before you know it. Ride safe
2002 K1200RS Ride #18. Owned from new. Pacific Blue of course. Suspended on Ohlins. 116,000+km
1951 AJS 500 single - my Dads
1916 Triumph Type H, Western front, France WW1 - my Grandads
The cheapest is often the most expensive form of economy
flying kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #1314
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
Continent?
Nah just an island
Old 05-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #1315
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying kiwi View Post
Hey Andi and Ellen, congrats on the the big 12 months! I guess like many, we were wondering if you would keep going, but you are a tenacious bugger Andy, and giving up on something has never been a virtue of yours or Ellen's.
Life ticks away and for sure, you are making the most of yours! We will be sharing a beer or three before you know it. Ride safe
Heya Richard

Great to hear from you mate.

Yeah times can be very tough and some days you do have to stand that bit taller and stand your ground.

The great times still outweigh the shite times no two ways about it and you know the best part of our trip is yet to come.

We are just deciding how we are going to manage the next bit as one year on we are not even half way!!!

Anyway luv to you (bloke hug) and your family mate .... BTW your icecream is still the best we have ever had, nothing in the americas will get even close.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #1316
Ozgirl61
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Just got back from Vacation, the Dr's went well, the white one just had a battery issue which Suzuki fixed under warranty so everything seems to be good.. We rode/drove some great roads and saw some great sites, back home to have a shower, wash the clothes and head out to overland expo 13 now, the house is full, 8 aussies staying and having great round table chats at night on how to fix the world, the kinda crap that comes out of 8 motorcycling aussies sitting in a house in Arizona is not quite believeable..

So first, Congratulations on the 1st year of the rest of your lives, can't wait to read what year 2 brings.. Happy belated birthday to you Ellen, hope you had a great day.

We havent had Indian food since you guys left, will have to do a run to our fav little place..

Photos are great, wish we were there ourselves everytime i see the photos, so waiting for it to be our turn..

Keep the news coming, miss you guys.... xxxx
Ozgirl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #1317
Kiwi Dave
Beemer Boy

Oddometer: 119
Out of New Zealand and Into South America

Andi / Ellen,
It's so great to see you "getting on with it" through some of the most trying times.
I know it's far too early to ask this but where do you think you might be come Christmas/New Year?
As promised, over a year ago now, I will be in SA by the end of the year for my next big moto adventure, Dakar 2014.

Plans are to spend New Years in Buenos Aires before heading over to Rosario for the rally start. from here we will follow the rally through Argentina, Bolivia and Chile on hire bikes and finish up in Santiago on or about the 18th of Jan. Here we plan to have a few more days of r&r before heading back to NZ.

Should fate find us both in the same place at the same time then ...!!!

All the best to you both and thank you for the ride reports,
Dave
Arrowtown
Kiwi Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #1318
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,120
Quote:
Nah just an island
Come on! Play along!

I'm just dying to use "so you're just incontinent" in a reply
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #1319
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgirl61 View Post
Just got back from Vacation, the Dr's went well, the white one just had a battery issue which Suzuki fixed under warranty so everything seems to be good.. We rode/drove some great roads and saw some great sites, back home to have a shower, wash the clothes and head out to overland expo 13 now, the house is full, 8 aussies staying and having great round table chats at night on how to fix the world, the kinda crap that comes out of 8 motorcycling aussies sitting in a house in Arizona is not quite believeable..

So first, Congratulations on the 1st year of the rest of your lives, can't wait to read what year 2 brings.. Happy belated birthday to you Ellen, hope you had a great day.

We havent had Indian food since you guys left, will have to do a run to our fav little place..

Photos are great, wish we were there ourselves everytime i see the photos, so waiting for it to be our turn..

Keep the news coming, miss you guys.... xxxx
Heya Clare great to hear you guys had great fun away, we are now in Antigua and heading to Guate City tomorrow.

There is a fantastic Indian food restaurant in Hopkins Belize if you find yourself there .... might take a bit to get there tho.

Year 2, South America and looking forward to it.

Will see you down south ... still in the plan?
Old 05-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #1320
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Dave View Post
Andi / Ellen,
It's so great to see you "getting on with it" through some of the most trying times.
I know it's far too early to ask this but where do you think you might be come Christmas/New Year?
As promised, over a year ago now, I will be in SA by the end of the year for my next big moto adventure, Dakar 2014.

Plans are to spend New Years in Buenos Aires before heading over to Rosario for the rally start. from here we will follow the rally through Argentina, Bolivia and Chile on hire bikes and finish up in Santiago on or about the 18th of Jan. Here we plan to have a few more days of r&r before heading back to NZ.

Should fate find us both in the same place at the same time then ...!!!

All the best to you both and thank you for the ride reports,
Dave
Arrowtown
Heya Dave, great to hear from you mate.

Not sure where we will be be but there is every chance we could easily make it, we definitely need to keep in touch and have other friend over heer who are looking to do the same.

We are looking at our options now to see when and where.

Cheers mate.