Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2013, 06:29 AM   #14
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
You could easily say the same about Imola too. But I feel that if you were to go
To either of these tracks for a WSBK meet, you'd probably change your mind on it.... (Maybe you have?)
Having said that, the first chicane at Monza is a disaster waiting to happen, as was proved with the Brendon Roberts/Max Nuekirkner incident, and should be smoothed out. Apart from that, Monza is just fine. And then some, a classic high speed circuit! And we could do with a few more of those....
Another one coming up, Donnington! (Go there too, if you ever get the chance, it's fantastic!)
Oh yeah, and the SPEED of Monza is waaaaay understated on TV...
IMO Atmosphere versus safe/fair racing is not the same. I have never been to a race in Europe, the only overseas track i was at was Suzuka for the 8-hour. I am sure it is an amazing time and an amazing place, but safety comes first. Chicanes do not make for safe racing, fix them and stay.