Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,573
Middle weight contenders: XT660 vs DL650 VS Versys vs GS650 (single)

Well, this is a bike vs bike tread, and I did not know where to put it since it has a road warrier, thumpers and a beast.

I have been on all of this bike except the XT and since they are all more or less in the same price range down here I was wondering what the collective has to say about them. If money was not an issue I would go with the tenere but this bike is the most expensive, and also the only one I have never even seen.

I have driven the DL650 and it was my “next” bike, until I got into riding solo, since my wife is not interested anymore. So now there is no need for it, I do love the power, vibe free feeling, it is a little short, but I could always order a tall seat and put a sheepskin on top of the seat for a 33-35 in seat height that I am a costume to (KLR rider). And I could move to a new place and carry all my crap on it!

The GS and Versys are more nimble, smaller (this is a good thing) but with as much as power as I need, and they can carry as much crap as I require. The BMW will scare me with the cost of ownership I am sure of that. The versys is a Kawasaki and I like that, a little vibes (I read) but nothing worse than a thumper.

The big question mark is for the Tenere, how is it? Fast? How fast? Mpgs? I know there is no info from the US and no aftermarket, but I don’t care (for now) I just info on that bike to see if it is worth the extra money.

Thanks!

Damasovi