User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 02:20 AM   #1276
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

Oddometer: 2,145
216,833 Kms

Got the starter motor rebuilt & back in Gus. Starts much more happily now. Hugely heavy Bosch on the left, rebuilt Valeo on the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in NZ View Post
"trailer fa**ot". it ant a Harley
. Would have mussed my hair sweetie...Had to leave it a week at Damon's place. I'm the only one who drives here. And Damon lives in the back of beyond, so riding it there wasn't an option, as getting back would have been difficult. And then there my back. Enough excuses?
And it was raining
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
Sir Gus looks bloody good bro. Have you taken him for a pootle around the block? If you haven't ridden it do you expect to notice any power gain?
Not yet. Not really expecting a power gain. It was more about getting rid of the 2 into 2, to regain some ground clearance, & to get the centrestand back. Tonight I realised there is not much lateral clearance with the wheel, & I'm wondering if I can get that off without dropping the exhaust. Also I wish he hadn't put that dogleg in. Might have to go back to Damon for 'adjustment'.

One immediate advantage of having the centrestand back on is that the big cloud of smoke at start up is gone. . That was caused by oil running into the combustion chamber on the (downhill) left side
Quote:
What's that big box on your wall by your door?
It was a light with sensor. Broken now.

It's just better when there's twins involved....

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 05-11-2013 at 04:03 AM
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:30 AM   #1277
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
It was a light with sensor. Broken now.
what - broken by some moron falling through the roof?
Old 05-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #1278
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

First ride in almost 6 mths

Took my first ride on Gus since 25th Nov, out thru' the older part of Churton Park (jumped a few speedhumps), over the twisties at Glenside - Tawa, & out on the motorway to Whitby. Caught a few jars to the back, but on the whole the ride was very successful. That means I’ll be good for some road riding at least. I can also stand on the pegs, so good there too. 43km round trip.

The new exhaust is quiet, & the bike is running well, albeit a little rich at the bottom end. Seems to be plenty of grunt. Happy. This ride was just to see if I could ride again without too many issues, & to check how the exhaust worked.

The neutral light seems to have gone away, which is a bugger. And I need to do something to create indicator warning lights, & to replace / reposition the indicator resistors. I'll need the indicators fixed before getting a new WoF, & then I'll need to get registration sorted.

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 05-12-2013 at 03:26 AM
Old 05-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #1279
Eddieb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 943
Thats good to hear.

Did you have to do the dishes when you got home?

My fatigue thing came back in a big way yesterday, hoping it goes away again soon.

www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz Free GPS tracks for New Zealand & more
www.FlyingtheChair.co.nz - NZ sidecar forums
Eddieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #1280
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
Did you have to do the dishes when you got home?
Nope. Cooked a chicken, bacon, & mushroom rissotto.
Quote:
My fatigue thing came back in a big way yesterday, hoping it goes away again soon.
Not good. Saw your facebook post. Allergic to everything? Hopefully the medics are getting a handle on it?

Old 05-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #1281
bart-nz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 687
Quote:

I had a fatigue thing yesterday too, but the 20 beers I had Saturday night might have had something to do with it.

bart-nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #1282
Eddieb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 943
Quote:
Nope. Cooked a chicken, bacon, & mushroom rissotto.

Not good. Saw your facebook post. Allergic to everything? Hopefully the medics are getting a handle on it?
Modern medics are f'ing useless and have no idea. After 50 odd tests on my blood last year, being hooked up to an ECG machine and $450 on a Neurologist I am apparently 'perfectly healthy'.

I'm onto the hippie medics now.

www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz Free GPS tracks for New Zealand & more
www.FlyingtheChair.co.nz - NZ sidecar forums
Eddieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #1283
Phreaky Phil
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Took my first ride on Gus since 25th Nov, out thru' the older part of Churton Park (jumped a few speedhumps), over the twisties at Glenside - Tawa, & out on the motorway to Whitby. Caught a few jars to the back, but on the whole the ride was very successful. That means I’ll be good for some road riding at least. I can also stand on the pegs, so good there too. 43km round trip.

The new exhaust is quiet, & the bike is running well, albeit a little rich at the bottom end. Seems to be plenty of grunt. Happy. This ride was just to see if I could ride again without too many issues, & to check how the exhaust worked.

The neutral light seems to have gone away, which is a bugger. And I need to do something to create indicator warning lights, & to replace / reposition the indicator resistors. I'll need the indicators fixed before getting a new WoF, & then I'll need to get registration sorted.
Glad to hear your back in the saddle.
Phreaky Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:37 AM   #1284
Padmei
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,567
Good to hear you're jumping shit on Gus. Jumping shit is really really good for backs - the higher the better. Yeah that's what I do if my back is feeling sore - I go & jump shit
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #1285
innathyzit
AKA Woodman

Oddometer: 941
Quote:

Who was the fcuker throwing jars at you?
innathyzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:49 AM   #1286
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by innathyzit View Post
Who was the fcuker throwing jars at you?
Funny how people interprete 'jars'. I told Mike I'd hit a few jars on the way to his place - he wanted to know why I hadn't invited him....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bart-nz View Post
I had a fatigue thing yesterday too, but the 20 beers I had Saturday night might have had something to do with it.
That's what home brew is all about isn't it. Building up a tolerance, as cheaply as possible, so you can drink more. And educating your palate, so it knows what weasel piss tastes like...(& I'm not criticizing your brew..).
Quote:
Good to hear you're jumping shit on Gus. Jumping shit is really really good for backs - the higher the better. Yeah that's what I do if my back is feeling sore - I go & jump shit
Certainly good for mental health. Not sure why my back hurts tonight though. Must have been something ...else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreaky Phil View Post
Glad to hear your back in the saddle.
Were you down last weekend? How are those K liners wearing?

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 05-13-2013 at 03:10 AM
Old 05-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #1287
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot

Quote:
if he's going to start jumping shit again I'll make sure I bring the old klr along - I don't want him beating the crap out of my nice shiny new one with his ribs
Old 05-13-2013, 04:17 AM   #1288
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
if he's going to start jumping shit again I'll make sure I bring the old klr along - I don't want him beating the crap out of my nice shiny new one with his ribs
Here's a few thoughts. Perhaps you could bring along a set of decoy handlebars to our next ride... Also think about parking further away from any steep climbs. 30-40 meters should about do it. Probably...

Old 05-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #1289
Phreaky Phil
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=Box'a'bits;21395809
Were you down last weekend? How are those K liners wearing?[/QUOTE]

Heading to Raumati this weekend with a engine, gearbox and a little "care" package from Siebenrock.
Will see with the heads off how it looks but from what you can see down the spark plug hole, things look ok.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #1290
Phreaky Phil
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreaky Phil View Post
Heading to Raumati this weekend with a engine, gearbox and a little "care" package from Siebenrock.
Will see with the heads off how it looks but from what you can see down the spark plug hole, things look ok.
Spent the weekend at Raumati. Michael has refitted my 1000cc kit, helicoiled a stripped thread in the sump for the bashplate, new sump gasket and rear engine gasket, fitted a high 5th and low 1st gear and new indent spring to the gearbox.
The K liners are looking fine, only a small carbon buildup, about what you would expect. I was going to take photos but I forgot
Did you get out for a ride in the weekend ? Hows the back holding up ?