Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #61
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 3,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSCity View Post
The question is... what is the best way to help? if you have any requests or ideas that you think will be of best use, please feel free to hit us up on a PM or in the thread.
In a perfect world, you would convince GARMIN to manufacture an updated 478
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #62
GS eh!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Thanks

Quote:
@AteamNM - One of our reps came into my office and the following conversation happened:
R: "There's a gentleman on the phone that's asking for a... Utah?
G: "Oh, he's from ADVrider. He's cool -- he's talking about the Oregon"
R: "Do I tell him that?"
G: "I get the impression he's joking around, but I'm not sure. There's no font for that!"

Now we know!

@thetable - We really appreciate our customers, both new and seasoned vets. Thank you!

@mint - I'm not sure yet, we've picked up and put down the Drift a few times. Given the refresh cycles of these products, I think it'll be Fall before we make a decision on whether it offers more bang for our customers' buck. We may see some surprises this fall in the action cam market.

@dep - Those gimble mounts are COOL. Some of the guys here have them stuck to their desks so they don't spill coffee.

@GS - Thank you! The SE's are going to be shipping shortly and we're eager to try them out. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I can put a little ADV love towards a preorder.

G
Thanks again GPSCity, Delorme InReach on order!
GS eh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #63
loosesprocket
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Just purchased a Zumo 660 LM from GPS City and recieved it very quickly. Thanks for the great service.
loosesprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #64
MadM
Dreamer

Oddometer: 239
Have just placed a order for a 60csx handelbar u-bolt mounting set. Thanks for supporting us!

Edit: Their customer support is awesome, I F..ed up something in my order and they fixed it in minutes after my e-mail. Thanks a lot!
My Blog

MadM screwed with this post 05-14-2013 at 03:26 PM
MadM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #65
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,933
Just found this thread. My wife calls me a RAM Mount hoarder. I do have quite the collection

Looks like I found my new shop!

We also have both the GoPro and Contour Camera's so that will help too for new mounts and stuff!
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #66
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 9,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Just found this thread. My wife calls me a RAM Mount hoarder. I do have quite the collection
You too? I tend to buy twice as many as I need, so I have a massive overstock now.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #67
GPSCity OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Awesome, I'm glad the coupon's helping you guys out -- my door is always open if any has more suggestions, too. I'm handling requests one-on-one at the moment, but I'm definitely listening to find common trends too.

The GPSMAP 62S/ST/STC are going to be on sale pretty soon, so perhaps that's a good one for those who end up in canyons a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
You too? I tend to buy twice as many as I need, so I have a massive overstock now.
Man, you should see our hoarding problem
GPSCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #68
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,923
Quote:
The question is... what is the best way to help? To answer that, we'd like your input. We have some ideas we're ready to immediately implement with the RAM side, but the Garmin/electronics side is a bit of a tougher nut to crack. Zumo? Montana? Mapping handhelds? Any specific accessories? The more we can zero in on a product/products, the better our deal can be.
Hi,

While not currently in the market, my suggestion is to make some 'Motorcycle Bundles'. Most riders buying a GPS will want the mounting accessories also (eg GPS, bracket, AMPs plate, arm, ball u-bolt mount). Have an offer for ADVRiders that sells the lot for a single, ADV, price.

Maybe also options to make them easier to wire up, for example when buying a Montana with the rugged mount. ship some bullet connectors to hard wire it, don't make us go to an Auto Store to get the bits to connect it to the bike electrics.

Anyway just my 2¢ worth, hope it was helpful.

Cheers,

Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #69
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
I just bought the Garmin 600 bundle- thank you for the $50 discount!
Congrat's on your new GPS.
Your gonna love the 600 series. Remember to put some ear plugs in the battery compartment to keep it from powering off due to vibration, and you will be good to go.
I cant belive how good it is. I had a 76csx and now hardly ever use it due to being spoiled now with my 650.
GPS City has always over performed and under promised. Cant go wrong with this outfit.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #70
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 778
Just received my order.

Great Service on a international order.

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #71
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,573
You guys have no idea how good they are. They worked out a deal on the NA Highway map software that no - no - repeat: no one would ever offer. I love my Utah, oops, I mean Oregon.

I wore my GPS City shirt today and had a guy on a Harley ask me about GPS City. I gave him the spill, steered him to ADV and GPSCity. He took a picture of me and my shirt. We then talked about a dual sport. He said he was looking at trading his leathers in for nylon and has a woody for the Tiger 800.

My response; paved roads were designed to led you to dirt roads. As he twisted his mustache, he said - "you know, there are a lot of dirt roads out there".
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #72
oldxr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,112
I ordered a different b-ball for my 76cx ram mount .I wrote the order# down when I did the order.I checked the status that night and got a status of backordered.I went on the expressmounts website the next day and got a part# for an alternate part the would work.I called them the next morning and got the order updated and shipped in 3 minutes or so.But if I hadnt checked the status of my order that night I would not have known they were out of stock on the part that I originnaly ordered.Either the website should be upgraded to show parts out of stock at the time of ordering or a fast email response so I can order an alternate part sooner.Part was shipped asap when I gave them the new part #.I prefer the usps priorty mail because it ends up in a locked mail box.This isnt really a complaint-just a suggestion.Anything I get from Expressmounts comes in 2 days.
oldxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #73
GPSCity OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Sorry to hear about that! Can you PM me your order number so I can investigate on our end?

Our site pulls up-to-the-second inventory status for all items and we list shipping dates for all items that are en route, however it's possible that someone else ordered the item a few minutes before you and it had not yet been processed. We're always working on solutions for these kinds of issues and appreciate hearing the feedback!

Thanks,
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldxr View Post
I ordered a different b-ball for my 76cx ram mount .I wrote the order# down when I did the order.I checked the status that night and got a status of backordered.I went on the expressmounts website the next day and got a part# for an alternate part the would work.I called them the next morning and got the order updated and shipped in 3 minutes or so.But if I hadnt checked the status of my order that night I would not have known they were out of stock on the part that I originnaly ordered.Either the website should be upgraded to show parts out of stock at the time of ordering or a fast email response so I can order an alternate part sooner.Part was shipped asap when I gave them the new part #.I prefer the usps priorty mail because it ends up in a locked mail box.This isnt really a complaint-just a suggestion.Anything I get from Expressmounts comes in 2 days.
GPSCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #74
73datsun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosesprocket View Post
Any Bundle discount for a Zumo 660 ?
This would be a great next offer. Namely because I need a 660.
73datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #75
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73datsun View Post
This would be a great next offer. Namely because I need a 660.
I know it's not the right place, but lay your hands on a Montana. It really blows the rest of Garmin's offerings away. The only reason I could see not to go with the Montana is if you have to have Bluetooth and music from your gps.

To keep it on topic, I just got my Montana from GPSCity yesterday. Smoking fast shipping, and a great unit on top of that.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote