Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #17671
T-cosmic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbird View Post
Thanks for the offer, but mine is not bent, just beveled from the broken spoke whipping around. Yamaha (after some arm twisting) agreed to replace it but not the swing arm which I'm fine with as long as it's covered.

The first week, they had to wait on a rep from Yamaha to look at it- because "this never happens".

Going to pick it up later this week whether it's fixed or not.

If I knew it was going to take this long to get a spoke fixed, I'd bought the MS.
Never happens - yeah right. I've got new one too, including spokes.

©
Old 05-14-2013, 05:23 AM   #17672
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,080
For the Spanish...

Another big adventure...

http://noimportaeldestinosinoelcamino.com/

Cheers

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #17673
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORPRINCEJJ View Post
First this, then your computer gets a virus...what kinda' kinky shit are you into, Pluric?

Beaver bit it off.

http://sargentspeaks.wordpress.com/2...-be-a-redneck/
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #17674
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post

I was gonna' say, "Only in Georgia". But, having travelled the South, and lived in Texas all my life, I guess I could see that happenin' just about anywhere down here.

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #17675
WestVirginia
Well spoke'n

Oddometer: 84
Question

Have been lucky to have not been caught in a rain storm, but it's probably just a matter of time.

Anyone use/recommend a product like Rain-X or just plain waxing the face shield on a full face helmet to help visibility in the rain? Anything to apply to the inside to help prevent fogging?
WestVirginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #17676
~TABASCO~
www.rideonadv.com

Oddometer: 372
Can you use Rain X on plastic.. ? I thought it was not a good idea ?
Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #17677
Dirty bike
EVal Innovations Inc

Oddometer: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestVirginia View Post
Have been lucky to have not been caught in a rain storm, but it's probably just a matter of time.

Anyone use/recommend a product like Rain-X or just plain waxing the face shield on a full face helmet to help visibility in the rain? Anything to apply to the inside to help prevent fogging?

Cat Crap - HERE They make a spray on in small bottles, but the paste works better, imho.

Not joking. PinLock works better, but it's a inner shield system and is a step up in price. PinLock works in any conditions though.

Cat Crap works on glasses too.
Dirty bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #17678
AlsoRan
Lone Trail Of Dust

Oddometer: 389
Quote:

I know that Plexus is used on airplane windscreens which are plastic. It does not leave any streaks like Pledge so it helps minimize glare at night. The rain runs right off like a waxed surface. Somewhat pricy though.

Not sure if no-fog is available any longer?
Old 05-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #17679
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TABASCO~ View Post
Can you use Rain X on plastic.. ? I thought it was not a good idea ?
When I tried that, it made bigass beads of water that stayed on the shield, which blinded the rider by diffusing the light from the headlights of on-coming traffic. That is all :screwy:

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #17680
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,760
Thumb 210 Plastic cleaner & Polish

~

My favorite, and all I use these days...

It's also made for aircraft windshields, and it leaves your windscreen or face shields sparkling clean and clear. It also makes rain roll right off in tiny little droplets along with having good anti-fog effect, too. It's not cheap, but a little goes a long, long way, and I find a large can lasts me for close to a year, and that's using it often. I carry one of the small cans in my side case for cleaning my face shield on the road, and the same small can has lasted me over a year. It's great for eyeglasses, as well.

I get from these folks: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...clickkey=11328

Just FYI...

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #17681
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,080
I use RainKOTE on the outside. Bought 2 bottles in 1982 on a 2 for one deal. I still have 1 1/2 bottles left.

I don't think they are still in business.

Anyway that brand name is now an Elastomer paint so don't go there...

BUT for those with a Merkin accent it appears someone who can spell has made a similar thing that is basically applied in the same way and works the same way...

called Raincoat.

As far as the inside of the visor is concerned, I use Muc-off. It works mucken well.

I tried cat crap and thought it was crap.

Cheers
Graham

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #17682
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,076
Installed the Piaa Slimline Sports Horn kit. Easy to mount and the two tones blend together to make a loud car horn type blast that will be hard for cagers to miss.

http://www.amazon.com/85114-400Hz-50...aa+sports+horn
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:07 AM   #17683
TH
There and Here

Oddometer: 912
Quote:

I've used both Plexxus and Honda Spray Cleaner aka Bike Spirits on my bike and visors. I stopped using Plexxus cause it was getting pretty pricey in comparison to Bike Spirits. I find that this really helps with the water on the visor, and it also works pretty good in cleaning up errant bug guts.

NOVA Tag-o-Rama Map
TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:02 AM   #17684
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,348
Quote:

How do people NOT ride in the rain?

I was thinking to merge threads about bike washing and rain riding, because they usually happen for me at the same time. The 3-4 times last week was pretty normal and my neighbor keeps asking if I only ride to work when it does rain.

Seriously, I've used a variety of the airplane and bike plastic polishes. They seem to work about the same, as long as they are a polish and not a silicone product that just spiffs up the shine.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #17685
Icecold Dan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Entering diagnostic mode

I posted this last night on yamahasupertenere.com but its easy to over look so I thought I'd post it here as well.

I learned today that there is no need to remove the seat and cut wires, or remove the tank and un-hook the fuel pump. The process Lobo described is basically correct. With the key off, press and hold both buttons at the same time.

While continuing to press both buttons, turn key on and keep holding the buttons for 8 seconds.

You will then see this:

Let go of the buttons, then press both again for 2 seconds.After 2 seconds you will then see:

From here you can scroll through the codes using either button. As Lobo said,to clear the codes,you then toggle the on/off switch. Then turn the key off and the codes will be clear. I hope this helps and makes it easier in the future.