ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
wakewop OP
Hucker

Oddometer: 684
4 Mile conditions. Mainly FR 315

Hi fellers,

Wanting to go to 4 mile this weekend and am concerned about getting the truck/5th wheel toy hauler up FR 315. Had a buddy last weekend that had to desperately turn around on it due to snow and slop mud. We access 315 right off of 285 before you hit BV.
Wondering if anybody has been there since friday to see if it cleared up a bit, and also if the weeks weather will be enough to dry it out and make it possible to head up it. Turning around is almost impossible till you hit some of the smaller camp sites and do NOT want to have to do that. My buddy said is was really sketchy.
wakewop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,012
A couple of friends and I rode around the Black Mountain area yesterday.
Sloppy mud down in the hollars but drying fast. Should be excellent in a couple days. Four Mile looked to be simular. Have fun!
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
wakewop OP
Hucker

Thank you!

Hoping warm weather an no rain will dry things up.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:20 AM   #4
bradrh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
A couple of friends and I rode around the Black Mountain area yesterday.
Sloppy mud down in the hollars but drying fast. Should be excellent in a couple days. Four Mile looked to be simular. Have fun!
Where is Black Mountain?
Old 05-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradrh View Post
Where is Black Mountain?
It is basicly south of Hartsel, Co. There is lots of fire/ranch roads in the area SW of Hwy 9, all the way to Salida.
Some of the 4 Mile area I would include, except the section N of Hwy 24 just W of Buena Vista. Mostly open grazing for cattle, lots of ranches though and private land, so getting around can get one backtracking quite a bit.
The route we took was right over the top of Black Mountain, very cool with excellant vista's.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #6
=Lenny=
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
I'll try to take a ride up there tomorrow or thursday and let you know the conditions.
=Lenny= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #7
wakewop OP
Hucker

That would be fantastic Lenny.
There is nowhere to turn around if the road gets too muddy to continue. Have to hit the 1st camp spots which is too far if things are really bad. Also don't want to have tons of mud while riding. My 7yr old rides a 50 and he would be pretty frustrated.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
wakewop OP
Hucker

Loading the trailer and excited for the 1st family camp trip of the season. Looks like the area got some rain yesterday afternoon , but looks warm and sunny the other days and th/fri. Reports are appreciated is anyone happens to be in the area. Heading out of here Friday around noon.
Thanks for any help. Helps my pucker factor towing on that dang 1 wide 315. Uphill.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #9
=Lenny=
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
I haven't had a chance to head up through shields gulch, but I did mountain bike the midland trail up around that area this morning. it was bone dry everywhere. I don't think you'll have much problem up there. If I get a chance in the next couple hours to ride up 315 proper (might happen) I'll get you a better update.
=Lenny= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #10
wakewop OP
Hucker

No worries. I'm up here now and it's all dry and clear. At least for now. Looks like some rain is on its way. Good ridin !
Old 05-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #11
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakewop View Post
No worries. I'm up here now and it's all dry and clear. At least for now. Looks like some rain is on its way. Good ridin !
Sweet! Great time to be out there!

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote