ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 04:38 AM   #31
havabusa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
http://www.riverside.courts.ca.gov/publicaccess.shtml
havabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:48 AM   #32
havabusa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Not a certified letter?
Not served to you by an officer of the court?

http://www.riverside.courts.ca.gov/publicaccess.shtml

IF it had been a 'real live'' ticket and you just pay it, it will NOT show up on your Arizona license. I know this first hand. Over and over. My daily work commute takes me into Cali.
havabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #33
Off Limits
Really?

Oddometer: 3,270
So did you end up paying?
Old 05-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #34
tuna101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
Pissed

Got nailed in Hesperia last fall on the Bear Valley Cut-off, $508, ouch!
Very nice pictures of me, my plate, my truck/camper, truck/camper and crosswalk. No fighting as to go there and back + lunch and all day in court wasn't worth it to me, just bit the bullett and paid.
tuna101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #35
mikerd400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
The answer is in your remark. You said the car was in both names... you said she got popped... they saw a woman and she got the ticket.

However, had you had the car registered as I suggested to YOU no ticket would have been sent.

It wasn't an investigation. Is was a clerk that looked at your registration... and you gave them the data to write you guys the ticket no matter if a woman or man was caught in the camera.
__________________________________________________ _________
In Sacramento County, it is an officer that does the investigation, no clerks are associated at all. Unlike some counties, which rely on clerks, everything in Sac County from start to finish is done by an officer. There are about six dedicated officers in this county for red light camera enforcement.
2003 Kawasaki KLR650
1977 Yamaha RD400
1976 Yamaha RD400
Proud to be Riff Raff 2011!

Riff Raff 07, 08, 09, and 10!
mikerd400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:07 AM   #36
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerd400 View Post
In Sacramento County, it is an officer that does the investigation, no clerks are associated at all. Unlike some counties, which rely on clerks, everything in Sac County from start to finish is done by an officer. There are about six dedicated officers in this county for red light camera enforcement.
Mike, regarding the photo not matching the registered owner....Do you know if Sacramento searches for other drivers at the same address to see if they find a match for the offender in the picture?

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #37
svs OP
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 23,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
So did you end up paying?
I'm going to contest the ticket via written declaration.. Will post back how it plays out. Wish me luck on this... the fee amount is $541.

Cities finances are tight I understand that, but that's a very high fine amount.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #38
mikerd400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Ron View Post
Mike, regarding the photo not matching the registered owner....Do you know if Sacramento searches for other drivers at the same address to see if they find a match for the offender in the picture?
I'm not one of the red light officers, but I do know they check other public records to see if there is a spouse, then the officer will check the DMV photo.

The red light camera program in Sac County is run differently than almost all the others. That why is it upheld in the courts. Unlike the other programs which use Redflex (the camera company) to do the majority of the work, the Sac County officers do everthying. They are the only ones with access to the videos and pictures, and are present for all the calibration on the equipment.

From what I've seen them testify to in court, the speed sensors are set for 15 mph, so the vehicle needs to be 15 mph or faster to trip the camera.
2003 Kawasaki KLR650
1977 Yamaha RD400
1976 Yamaha RD400
Proud to be Riff Raff 2011!

Riff Raff 07, 08, 09, and 10!
mikerd400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #39
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 3,015
Thanks Mike. I'll be sure to have sunglasses and a full face helmet when riding my bike when I'm blowing through all of these red lights in Sactown.....

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #40
bikeslut
adventurous stud

Oddometer: 1,615
Quote:
You are waaaay over complicating it. If the registration has a male name only... and the photo catches a female the ticket never gets processed.

If you fight the ticket they have to prove it was YOU driving. Obviously YOU are not a woman. So they don't waste their time with the citation if a woman is caught in a man's car or visa versa.

By having both names on your registration you are guaranteeing that you and your wife will always receive a ticket.

If you lent the car to another male you would get the ticket. You can go to court and show them you are not the guy in the photo. Not sure if they have the right to make you narc. Not sure if you narc on your twin if they will pursue him for the violation. Remember this is only traffic court.

Don't wanna believe... I don't care. I did my research after getting my first $400 camera ticket. I have to drive through 10 of these things in Apple Valley area. So we did the registration thing. So far no tickets and I have had one strobe flash on me 3 months ago. Nothing in the mail.
I didn't do it on purpose, but my truck was registered in my wife's name... I was leaving a home depot with a load and had some jerk tailgating me as i hit the yellow light... HE couldn't see the light, and there was 5 feet of plywood ready to guillotine the guy if I stopped. so I ran it, almost on purpose (so did he)

strobe flashed, and I knew i would be getting a ticket sent to the house but it never happened... I think for the fact truck was in the wife's name... they saw a REALLY ugly lady driving the car and didn't want to dogpile
Old 06-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #41
Off Limits
Really?

Oddometer: 3,270
Well? Don't leave us hanging, we care.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #42
GSWayne
Old Guy nOOb

Oddometer: 2,926
It sounds like the moral of the story is for guys to wear a wig and a dress whenever they run red lights (may be a little trickier for us bearded guys).

Don't bring a motorcycle to a car fight
GSWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #43
svs OP
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 23,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
Well? Don't leave us hanging, we care.
I'm going to use the two extensions allowed and then contest the ticket.

Reason being there are a few cases in the courts right now dealing with the legality of Red Light Cameras in the state and depending on which way the ruling go fighting this could be much easier.

As we know a lot of cities are simply doing away with the cameras, too many legal issues surrounding them. The pending court cases could speed the process up depending on how they are ruled. This according to the people I contacted who deal with these cases..

Will post an update when I contest and receive back a ruling. Sometime in August (ish)..
Old 06-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #44
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
As we know a lot of cities are simply doing away with the cameras, too many legal issues surrounding them. The pending court cases could speed the process up depending on how they are ruled. This according to the people I contacted who deal with these cases..
I've read that the city doesn't make a lot of money on these new higher camera ticket fees... that the camera companies are the ones raking in the cash. So after the agro and legal fighting it just doesn't make much sense to use them. Time will tell if more go away.

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #45
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,354
Quote:
I've read that the city doesn't make a lot of money on these new higher camera ticket fees... that the camera companies are the ones raking in the cash. So after the agro and legal fighting it just doesn't make much sense to use them. Time will tell if more go away.
We have voted them out in Riverside AFAIK.

There are only 2 left that I drive past daily, not sure why they haven't been removed....

It's a total scam, tickets costing $500+.

Good luck SVS!