ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #136
MoxieGirl
Wannabe Adventuring

Oddometer: 78
Sorry to say I am going to miss this. I took a look at my vacation time and just not enough to go around. I am going to the BMW MOA in Salem and the Rally in the Gorge this month. Will look for pics, I am sure you guys will have a fantastic time.

Cheers
Trace

2009 BMW F800GS
2009 BMW G650XC
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
MoxieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #137
OR400
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
new toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePosum View Post
I think some one got a new toy, I hope she shares pix

Yes that is true. News travels fast in the CO. She still has not signed up on ADV but I think we are close. New CRF 250L in the stable. Beautiful bike. Rode out to Camp Sherman for mothers day. Way more of a bike. We will be applying all kinds of armor to it this weekend, and then riding it of course.
By the way very low miles 03 DR 200s for sale.
Oh and she is in for the ladies trip and I would say md or lg Tshirt.
OR400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #138
MotoFlicka
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Wink

I still want to do this, but would love to meet some of you first to ensure that I'm not the biggest n00b out there.

It's a 3-day weekend up-coming. Anyone riding out of the greater PDX area?
MotoFlicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:44 AM   #139
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,531
Someone has to be the biggest nOOb out there and it really doesn't matter. Everyone has been the biggest nOOb because no one starts riding without being a nOOb and there is nothing wrong with it.

Please don't be concerned about being a nOOb. Being with other gals that love to ride is what it's about.

Shelly, I still plan to attend and Rainbow007 plans to as well. No t-shirts for us (we both already have way too many we don't wear )
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #140
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Oddometer: 512
So this is the story about noobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoFlicka View Post
I still want to do this, but would love to meet some of you first to ensure that I'm not the biggest n00b out there.

It's a 3-day weekend up-coming. Anyone riding out of the greater PDX area?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Someone has to be the biggest nOOb out there and it really doesn't matter. Everyone has been the biggest nOOb because no one starts riding without being a nOOb and there is nothing wrong with it.

Please don't be concerned about being a nOOb. Being with other gals that love to ride is what it's about.

Shelly, I still plan to attend and Rainbow007 plans to as well. No t-shirts for us (we both already have way too many we don't wear )
Motoflicka, I want to share my story so you can feel a little more at ease. Two years ago, I bought a bike that I found on Craigslist that was on consignment at a moto dealer in The Dalles. I sent my hubby there to pick it up that afternoon. He brought it home, we loaded it into the trailer and headed out to the Hell's Canyon gathering the next day. I had never ridden off pavement...EVER. Ladybug had graciously offered to take me on my first ride while at the gathering, so off I went with her and PNWButtercup. The two of them were very patient, as I couldn't muster much more than about 25 mph in the gravel, as I was pretty much scared to death. If I remember correctly, the odometer said we put about 120 miles in that day. Whatcha know?? I made it through So, you have nothing to fear. I am still struggling to learn to ride. It gets better every time I go, but between work and the "perpetual remodel" I don't get out very often at all. This ladies ride is going to be scenic above everything else. I want new riders to come along (and we have several). There's my story! You will do just fine, I am sure.
Mustangshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #141
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,531
The look on Shelly's face during that first dirt ride says it all. I love this picture.

Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #142
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,600
Looks a lot like Mrs1911fan after her first dirty ride on LadyBug's F650 last year!

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #143
MotoFlicka
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangshelly View Post
The two of them were very patient, as I couldn't muster much more than about 25 mph in the gravel, as I was pretty much scared to death.
I so know that feeling ! When I look at my speedometer and I see 30+ in the big gravel I am elated.

Thank you for the encouragement. I am excited to make it to this (and through this !)
Old 05-23-2013, 06:31 AM   #144
Mrs1911fan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangshelly View Post
Ladybug had graciously offered to take me on my first ride while at the gathering, so off I went with her and PNWButtercup.
Ladybug strikes again!! :o) I'm still riding on "noobie tires" Last year at the rally, I showed up on my Moto Guzzi 1100cc Street Bike (my fiance, Mike, was on his KTM 990) I got to watch A LOT of people have a great time...when Ladybug INSISTED (she is persistent) that I take her bike out for a ride with Mike, I had never been on dirt before. I came back dirty and in love!! Went home and traded my street bike for a BMW F650 GS... I'm still such a NOOB!!! I'm thrilled, and think I might be nearing professional status in my mind, when I look down and see 25 mph on the speedo ;o) I pretty much drop my bike every single ride! I have a standing rule for Mike...see if I'm bleeding, if not, then get a picture FIRST then help me up :o) I was told if I'm not falling, I'm not learning....at this rate I'll be an expert in no time ;o)
So...HERE'S TO US NOOB'S !!! Let's have some fun and tear up some dirt!

Mrs1911fan
Old 05-23-2013, 06:35 AM   #145
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs1911fan View Post
(my finance, Mike)

1911fan

Awww, she changed it. I probably shouldn't have started laughing when she was sitting right next to me.

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.

1911fan screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 06:01 AM
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #146
Craig McCurdy
BIGMAC

Oddometer: 1,412
Laugh Crashclay!

Getting faster at the pick up! She knows that the camera is going to be coming out!

I'm sure if I keep digging I could find a few more and I won't even get into the one that Lady Bug had to come to the rescue on at Hells Canyon, "Thank You, again!"... All said, it's still tons of fun regardless how many times anyone has to pick up a bike! Yes, even me!
Craig McCurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #147
MotoFlicka
Adventurer

See, this is when it's GREAT to be single. Nobody's gonna take those shots unless they CARE ! Love it ! Thx for sharing
-n00b motoflicka
Old 05-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #148
Mrs1911fan
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post

1911fan

(my finance, Mike)
Awww, she changed it. I probably shouldn't have started laughing when she was sitting right next to me.

Hey 1911fan, if you WANT to be my fiancé and my "finance" OK by me
Mrs1911fan
Old 05-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #149
Mrs1911fan
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig McCurdy View Post
I'm sure if I keep digging I could find a few more and I won't even get into the one that Lady Bug had to come to the rescue on at Hells Canyon, "Thank You, again!"... All said, it's still tons of fun regardless how many times anyone has to pick up a bike! Yes, even me!

HOLY PACHOLI .... I am not even close to riding that kind of terrain!! ...and...I'm a bit embarrassed to say, I need help picking up my bike...sheesh...I have a lot to learn!

On a side note...what kind of pants are those? (no "ugh" comments from the male peanut gallery...this is a girls' forum after all)

Mrs1911fan
Old 05-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #150
LittlePosum
Scrappy Marsupial

Oddometer: 294
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoFlicka View Post
I so know that feeling ! When I look at my speedometer and I see 30+ in the big gravel I am elated.

Thank you for the encouragement. I am excited to make it to this (and through this !)
Now that's the spirit!I can't think of a better ride to be the noob at anyway! This is going to be a blast!