ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
Tancakar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Thumb Ktm 1190 adventure !

hi all

i am a new member to your forum hopefully wil share lots of exciting things on this forum. i just order my ktm 1190 adveture after test ride it 2 times :) the bike will be ready for me 20-05-2013 :) i ordered the adventure version with elektronic package and the stuning side bags .

I am 30 years old and been riding bikes since 22 years old. My latest bike was 2012 Kawasaki zzr 1400 . Altough i love the kawasaki i did have alot problems with my wrists and back . long distance touring isnt a enjoyable thing with zzr1400. This is only my view.

for the last 2 months i have test ridden bmw r 1200 gs Adventure, new bmw Watercooled 1200 GS and the Ktm 1190 Adventure,aprillia capanord 1200 . all are great bikes and got different positives and negatives but i loved 2 of them which are watercooled GS and KTM. the new gs felt like a paralle twin rather then boxer nice low power and stable on the motorway . i wasnt too sure about ktm the brand never makes me wow till i get on the new adventure. for the last couple of years i have lucky enought to own 2010 Kawasaki GTR 1400 and Ducati Diavel Carbon . so i am not too far away from powerfull engines.

Ktm felt like a Ducati diavel, punchy ,lots of character, barking noise and all the electronic toys even a bmw would jealus:) When i first saw KTM adventure i hated it ! i said to my self why KTM brings a bike looks like this where is the dakar soul ? but guys trust me this bikes blows anyones mind up! finish is fantastic and quality was excaptable.

so i think KTM done well so they can catch sport bikes riders interested in adventure bikes but always afraid if they are too heavy .

so what can i say about KTM adventure
-got better gear box then zzr1400,ducati multisrada,and ducati diavel

-better protection then multistrada and i think you get alot what you pay for .

-fueling was spot on ,riding modes are really good
-the electronics gives alot confidence for riders never used to off road or gravel. which i actually take her to some country roads and gravel roads.
-The screen was quite good 90mph i didnt have any buffering on my head
-it can actually handle the real tight corners
-its still a holigan bike.
- vibration levels are quite good for a V-twin
- Everything works on the bike ! and got a built purpes

only negative i can say could be better looking
i paid £13895 i dont even got heated grips :)
(bags and crash bars expensive :))
the electronic adjustable suspension is slower then GS but as good as GS
(consediring its KTMs first electronic suspension)

so nice to meet you all i will post pictures and videos soon !

cant bloody wait !

here is the test ride demo

Tancakar screwed with this post 05-16-2013 at 04:25 PM Reason: adding picture
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote