ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #2221
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Balkan
Oddometer: 832
In other news

Isn't the corporate world full of irony?

Husqvarna and Husaberg back together:
http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/co...aberg-reunited
Balkan Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #2222
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing
 
doyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Off Piste
Oddometer: 22,414
Jordi Viladoms moved over to Gas Gas, at lease for the Baja Spain.
__________________
Got Smugmug? Use code HWkDUhHwGv5Tc for a discount.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #2223
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 16,842
Bye bye burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
Isn't the corporate world full of irony?

Husqvarna and Husaberg back together:
http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/co...aberg-reunited
And so what becomes of the Husaberg name/trade mark, when they form this new Husqvarna Sportmotorcycle GmbH...?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #2224
neduro
Addict
 
neduro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Oddometer: 11,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
I'm just not sure Cyril will like having to revert to kick-start only after all those years on E-start only bikes?!
I doubt he'll even notice. He'll get on a running bike in the morning, start it twice at gas stops during the stage, and hand it off. Not like he stalls and struggles with the rest of us!

Win bonuses usually come from an insurance policy, once we find out where he lands, it would be fascinating to see how the statisticians lay out the odds! 1 million euro win bonus for Cyril on KTM? Probably almost 1 million Euro for the policy. 1 million win bonus on YZ? I'd sell that policy at a decent discount, myself...
__________________
Doubletake Mirrors- Folding D/S mirror that is both useful and indestructible.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #2225
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 16,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
I doubt he'll even notice. He'll get on a running bike in the morning, start it twice at gas stops during the stage, and hand it off. Not like he stalls and struggles with the rest of us!

Win bonuses usually come from an insurance policy, once we find out where he lands, it would be fascinating to see how the statisticians lay out the odds! 1 million euro win bonus for Cyril on KTM? Probably almost 1 million Euro for the policy. 1 million win bonus on YZ? I'd sell that policy at a decent discount, myself...
Cyrils odds get longer when he is on anything else than the KTM squad IMHO.

They made him, he's not superman and without the KrypToMite armour in his corner as part of the Mattighofen machine... then he becomes another beatable bike/rider combination... not the "next level" equation that he and Coma have been the last five or six years or so... It will be a very "open book" Dakar come next january.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #2226
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 1,851
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
And so what becomes of the Husaberg name/trade mark, when they form this new Husqvarna Sportmotorcycle GmbH...?
The new 70 Degree Huskyberg 45RR will be born!!
__________________
2014 support: GPR,IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2,100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Rally Raid Products UK,Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #2227
Brimstone
Super Duper n00b!
 
Brimstone's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: BC
Oddometer: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
Isn't the corporate world full of irony?

Husqvarna and Husaberg back together:
http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/co...aberg-reunited

Hopefully this means a street legal, Dakar platform, 450cc Husaberg powered Husqvarna for Canada! I can dream right??
__________________
Brimstone

Okanagan Valley - KVR Day Trip - First RR!
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #2228
SafariBerg
Oz Safari Addict
 
SafariBerg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Oddometer: 2,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
And so what becomes of the Husaberg name/trade mark, when they form this new Husqvarna Sportmotorcycle GmbH...?




Alas poor Bergo....................for I knew him well









__________________
2013 Husaberg FE501
2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat X 1000 Rallye
SafariBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #2229
Jadon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 135
Cyril will be on a Husky, what's the bet??
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #2230
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam
 
cyborg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pacific NorthWet
Oddometer: 4,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg View Post


Alas poor Bergo....................for I knew him well




Not holding my breath to see if the 70 degree engine ever re-appears, but I'm keeping my '11 FE390, love that thing.

It's back to KTM and a HuskyKato lineup. Since they are both from the same company now, wonder if Husky will even be in the Dakar?

It will be an interesting Dakar 2014 with more uncertainty no doubt!
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:44 AM   #2231
manuellucchese
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Not holding my breath to see if the 70 degree engine ever re-appears, but I'm keeping my '11 FE390, love that thing.

It's back to KTM and a HuskyKato lineup. Since they are both from the same company now, wonder if Husky will even be in the Dakar?

It will be an interesting Dakar 2014 with more uncertainty no doubt!
I miss so much the 70 degree model, loved riding that bike since it came out in 2009!!!

Ps. I think there is also Botturi that could be fighting for the podium next year (this year he was running in 4th until he messed up). My guess is that he could go back with Speedbrain. At the moment he is on a standard privateer Yamaha
__________________
www.ladakar.com -------> My life blog :)
manuellucchese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:04 AM   #2232
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed
 
JMo (& piglet)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere west of Laramie...
Oddometer: 3,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon View Post
Cyril will be on a Husky, what's the bet??
You mean a 450RR painted red and white?

Now there is a left-field suggestion!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:25 AM   #2233
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed
 
JMo (& piglet)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere west of Laramie...
Oddometer: 3,090
Just incase Cyril is getting a bit twitchy now that entries are open... a couple of stickers later and I'm ready to rent him a ride...




I'll even throw in a personalised cockpit mascot:



Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #2234
Gian
dreamer
 
Gian's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: north east of Italy
Oddometer: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
Jordi Viladoms moved over to Gas Gas, at lease for the Baja Spain.
Today and tomorrow Viladoms is also racing in Italian Motorally Championship, live timings here for today
http://enduro.ficr.it/tab_schedule.a...one=9&p_Gara=1

and tomorrow here
http://enduro.ficr.it/tab_schedule.a...ne=10&p_Gara=1
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #2235
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing
 
doyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Off Piste
Oddometer: 22,414
Big, big news on the horizon. No, not about Cyril.
__________________
Got Smugmug? Use code HWkDUhHwGv5Tc for a discount.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014