ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #31
KawaYamaSaki Ho
Reality burns!

Oddometer: 257
Col Spgs Costco on Nevada.

The new Costco on Nevada in Colorado Springs has 2 pallets of them in stock. I bought one yesterday. Good luck.
KawaYamaSaki Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #32
COracer OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Wow never intended to be controversial...next time I will keep the hookups to myself. As a former racer people were always scrounging for gear and tire money, was just passing along a good buy. And yes I did buy a Geigerrig at Costco, it is not Snuffalufagus.

KTM 690R Yamaha YZ450 sumo
COracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #33
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by COracer View Post
Wow never intended to be controversial...next time I will keep the hookups to myself. As a former racer people were always scrounging for gear and tire money, was just passing along a good buy. And yes I did buy a Geigerrig at Costco, it is not Snuffalufagus.

It was a great tip, thanks and keep it up - I visited the Park Meadows Costco later and they were there just like you posted, bought two Geigerrigs as a matter of fact and the Lightspeed sleeping pad. Maybe 6 or so left.
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #34
docwyte
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 929
I was just there and I didn't see the packs. Where are they in the store? I did buy a sleeping pad, tent and sleeping bag tho.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #35
BillyGoatGruff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
COracer, I appreciate the heads up on any good buys on gear. Thanks.

KawaYamaSaki Ho, Awesome! Thanks for the info! I guess I picked the wrong Springs Costco to check.

Thanks Guys
BGG
Old 05-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #36
Gitana
A work in progress

Oddometer: 6,950
I love my Wolfman pack. And I have a Geirgerrig, which I bought when they were first getting off the ground. Awesome customer service, but I like my Wolfman version more. Carries more stuff. Geigerrig is run by really good folks, in Utah. And Costco rocks. I am a diehard Costco fan. It's a well-run company, the CEO doesn't get paid a ridiculous amount of money, they treat their employees well, and they have many loyal, long-term employees. I really hate being lectured about where I should be buying my stuff and from whom.
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Gitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #37
AURIDE
Outback somewhere...

Oddometer: 5
Nice buy... let's keep riding affordable..
AURIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #38
mrfallover
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitana View Post
I love my Wolfman pack. And I have a Geirgerrig, which I bought when they were first getting off the ground. Awesome customer service, but I like my Wolfman version more. Carries more stuff. Geigerrig is run by really good folks, in Utah. And Costco rocks. I am a diehard Costco fan. It's a well-run company, the CEO doesn't get paid a ridiculous amount of money, they treat their employees well, and they have many loyal, long-term employees. I really hate being lectured about where I should be buying my stuff and from whom.
Well said.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #39
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitana View Post
+1

You wrote my thoughts. Better than I could have!
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #40
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
I was just there and I didn't see the packs. Where are they in the store? I did buy a sleeping pad, tent and sleeping bag tho.

Last Saturday they are (were) in the camping section, to the right of the sierra packs. One verticle stack in cardboard displays. I walked by them a couple times thinking the wide sierra display was all they had. There was even one sierra pack laying on top of the RS1200s. Good luck, this is the best pack I have ever seen. Check out their website videos if you haven't yet. I also contacted them for the free filter and feed tube.
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #41
docwyte
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 929
Thanks, I must've walked right past them as I bought a sleeping bag, tent and air mattress there.

I'll check it out again tonite.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #42
ryanco
Dirt Torpedo

Oddometer: 309
Scored one in Albuquerque

Caught the roadshow on its last day this past Sunday in ABQ Costco. The rep was super cool, and even had slipped a couple 2nd Generation packs into the mix. I got a blue/grey 2nd Gen "Rig 700" pack, and I really think I am going to like it. Thanks for the tip, OP!

-Ryan
ryanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #43
lacofdfireman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 738
Bought my Son and I a Geigerrig from Costco. Used mine probably 10 times and the zipper that holds the bladder broke. My son used his maybe twice and his bladder came apart where you put the slide across so wouldn't pressurize. Took them back to Costco got refund then went and bought them again for another try. When it worked it was incredible. Hopefully we just bought a bad pair.
The only thing I don't like about mine is being 6'4 and 250lbs the chest strap comes clear up to my neck. Wish they made those adjustable along the shoulder strap for us taller folks. Also my tube is way to short. I wish it was about a foot longer. As it is I have to turn my head to even reach it. Not sure if they sell a longer one or not but I gotta get that figured out Pronto...
lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #44
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,151
I'm glad to say, they were nice and donated a bag for RMAR Rendezvous

So any of you peeps coming you might win a free one.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #45
mathews42
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanco View Post
Caught the roadshow on its last day this past Sunday in ABQ Costco. The rep was super cool, and even had slipped a couple 2nd Generation packs into the mix. I got a blue/grey 2nd Gen "Rig 700" pack, and I really think I am going to like it. Thanks for the tip, OP!

-Ryan
typically they move around to each store.. hopefully they are still hanging around town.
Beads in the headlight a Flying Aga Tale by Isabel Dyson I met these two travelers on their Journey from the UK to Alaska and through South America on a 1979 BMW R100RS. Their book is now on Amazon for Kindle.
mathews42 is offline   Reply With Quote