GO HARD OR NOT AT ALL

Oddometer: 484
To late to +1 for scraps
Crashit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #362
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,849
Made it 1100 miles from the sandbox without any drama. Sitting on the deck at the inlaws 180 miles north of Byrds waiting for the nefews graduation to be over. I need a drink.
Leaving here at dark thirty in the morning
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #363
DirtyDog OP
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,364
We won't turn any one away.
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #364
Crashit
GO HARD OR NOT AT ALL

Oddometer: 484
Is anyone riding street only..... I'll be dirt but hell be strict to the street
Crashit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #365
jgas
Stoogely Adventurerer

Oddometer: 843
On page 23 DRZ Charlie asked if there will be "Beer Medics" at checkpoints on the singletrack. Sounds like a great idea! Charlie, you were a snake eater, you know how to do I.V.s, if I bring a I.V. kit with beer in it will you do the honor of administering my Beer Medic I.V.? I'll take a beer I.V., but please, NO BEER ENEMAS! They ain't talkin me into THAT again. Had to replace my muffler bearings twice the last time.

There are usually a few street only folks at any of these type events. There are also usually some big bike/easy off road /pavement guys too on the big adventure bikes. It's all fun in that area on any type bike.

It's hard to find a better all highway location than that area anywhere in the world. I've ridden Deals Gap, (Tail of the Dragon), and most of the Cherohala Skyway all around there in NE Georgia, W. Virginia, Tennessee, and other places in the Smokies and Blue Ridge mtns. N.W. Ar. is just as good or maybe even better for road riding. Less traffic and just as twisty. Less LEOs here in Ar. You had best keep in mind riding the twisties in that area that it will probably be hours before any ambulance, first responders, med flights, or even a cop will get to you if you get hurt. Several yrs ago we had to get a med flight to a guy who had a really bad crash on a remote dirt road west of Mill Creek, took 2 hrs to get him out. An ambulance couldn't get to him, the roads were too rough. We finally got a chopper landed in a farmers field close enough. Funny thing was the guy who crashed was our medic/paramedic!

Another time a buddy of mine crashed at Byrds and died! Another rider did CPR and got him back, then he died again on the med flight, they got him back again. He's a tough ol dog, he's still riding and still fast.

Can't beat the singletrack, twotrack, dirt roads, or pavement in Arkansas. You can't beat it, but it all can sure beat you! Me anyway. But that's what makes it so fun.

I'm trying like heck to make it up tonite. Might be midnight, but I should be there late night or early morning tomorrow. I'll be in a black and grey Isuzu Trooper with a little black enclosed trailer, red older GasGas. All my equipment looks old and beat up. It is. I also look old and beat up. I am. But I still got a bike and a quart of moonshine so I'll be fine!
-DRZ 400, GasGas 275, Klein, zero cc.

jgas screwed with this post 05-16-2013 at 03:02 PM
jgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #366
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,880
Ok..which one of you FF's put my number on a nice KDX400 for $600 thats for sale down there at SLAP?

I got one call already..the guy appologized up one way and down the other after I told him that I don't have anything down there for sale..I told him no big deal and I thought it was funny..the joke was on him tho, not me

DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #367
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgas View Post
All my equipment looks old and beat up. It is. I also look old and beat up. I am. But I still got a bike and a quart of moonshine so I'll be fine!
All what he said X2...
Definately some poor car driving abilities and blind corners to watch for.
Can I get dibs on first sip o'the shine?
Old 05-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #368
Farscape
Oh, look! Orange koolaid!

Oddometer: 553
Packed and ready...

The FJ is packed and ready to roll... I'm headed out early Friday morning, looking to arrive about lunch time.

It's looking like it may be a bit wet this weekend... Bring your wet riding gear folks.

... And tent camping is gonna suck...

I'm bringing a whole big bottle of RUM for this one.
Farscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #369
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,746
Broken pieces

If anyone gets there and is having trouble with youre bike. Mine is sitting in Springdale ready to go. I can tell Ted or doc or Charlie how to get there.

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #370
jgas
Stoogely Adventurerer

Oddometer: 843
SCRazor, you're offering to let one of us fools ride your bike? At White Rock? You should get the Nobel Peace prize this year. And any other of them fancy awards for those that do good for others.

Forget Ghandi, Bill Clinton, the Dali Lama, Pope John Paul the whatever, and Malcolm Smith. You trump the best chicks at Hooters which I'm truly convinced one will eventually get the Nobel Prize. You even far surpass those that if you flirt enough they make you the top shelf Long Island Ice Tea in the big glass for the regular price and slip you an extra order of wings for free. Although I admit I'm not sure how I'd vote on that. My heart would be with SC Razor, but the rest of me for the Hooters girl.

Speaking of Hooters, and wayyy off subject, but if you ever want to get slapped at Hooters, just do like I did and tell a hot black chick with a big rock hard ghetto booty but not blessed in the chest, that you just had a great idea:

"I'm gonna start up my own place like this and call it Pooters, and I want you to be my best waitress"! Damn, them black chicks can slap hard. Knocked the wing right out of my mouth. Made me blow beer out of my nose.

Almost forgot why I was gonna post this late: Just now going to bed, will shoot for morning-noon tomorrow for arrival.

Peace, Out, my brothers and sistas.
-DRZ 400, GasGas 275, Klein, zero cc.
jgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #371
katbeanz
earthbound misfit, I

Oddometer: 7,331

Randy
Old 05-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #372
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,213
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #373
DirtyDog OP
Lust for dust.

Nebraska John- while we enjoy the pics and tales, we'll unfortunately request that you post all these again in the official SLAP ride reports and pics thread. Coming soon.

This planning thread will eventually be locked by the mods after the rally is over.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #374
JDowns
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog View Post
Nebraska John- while we enjoy the pics and tales, we'll unfortunately request that you post all these again in the official SLAP ride reports and pics thread. Coming soon.

This planning thread will eventually be locked by the mods after the rally is over.
Hi DirtyDog,

No problem. Removed. Thanks for all the work you do.
Great rally amigo!

Kindest regards,
Nebraska John
Old 05-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #375
DirtyDog OP
Lust for dust.

SLAP ride report uber-thread is here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888131

Please post all your pics and whatnot there. Thanks