Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #16
TierHawg
Herder of the J-Cats

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsB View Post
I use a versahual also...mounted to my Fj cruiser. The key was adding airbags to the suspension. However I've not carried a bike over 300lbs.
I currently have my FJ set-up this way (airbags) for my VersaHaul. Still alittle tricky hauling a 300 lb dualsport with the FJ.

My previous experience with the VersaHaul came from my F250. With that truck, the 300 lb WR250R was not even felt back there. The rack will go on/off with one person (bend you knees, not your back and use your thighs to support the weight). And the bike was easy an easy load and unload. I had a camper shell, and the back window was blocked from opening.

I had an F800GS a few years ago. I would never consider loading that bike onto any rack such as this. I remember a poster here taking that advice and wanting to try it anyway. I believe he later posted the wheelbase of the 800GS was too long to work on the VersaHauler anyway. YMMV
TierHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #17
MtnRider2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
I carried my Ducati 748S on the back of a 3/4 ton crew cab dodge 4X4 with zero issues. My only suggestion would be for a peace of mind to take a strap from the far side of the bike and secure it to the bed or bumper to eliminate some of the wobble.
MtnRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote