User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #196
HighTechCoonass
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,398
Laugh

I have also developed a unit to smooth out the throttle response for the F800GS. As requested ....It will have a 2 position switch (waterproof sealed) to select for 80 and below ( -36 deg f temperature shift) and 80 deg and above (-18 degree air temperature shift). The 2 position switch can be mounted where ever the user prefers.

This is basically the same general idea on the Accelerator module and the Booster plug sold overseas but a with a little better control when the temperature rises.

Stay tuned for sales... I will list in Vendor forum and donate 5% of the sales to Baldy and the ADVRIDER web site!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #197
satchmo3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
I installed the Accelerator Module today on my 2010 F800 with 16000 miles and went for about a 50 mile ride, mixed city, highway, secondary roads.
Holy Crap this thing works.
Smoother all around from idle on up, no hesitation, bit more low rpm pull, motor just seems happier. Time will tell with mpg. One of the best mods fo sho.
satchmo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #198
MikeTheMechanic
Tsiki?

Oddometer: 77
What's the difference between simple and extended version of the module?
Old 05-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #199
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,406
Advertising hype. The only real requirement is that where ever you put the extended sensor, it is in a location no warmer than the air in the air box. It could be in the air box.

The short version just connects between the stock sensor and the wire to it. There is plastic between the air box and the connecting wire that should provide heat protection. It runs above the engine.

PoolSides version of the resister package does not have an extended sensor and he did some temperature comparisons.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #200
StijnSpijker
Wannabee Adventurer

Oddometer: 2
I've tried searching the forums with Google but couldn't really find my subject.
Because I didn't like the sound of the stock exhaust I bought the BMW original Akrapovic exhaust. I really like the sound (with the DB killer in), but I noticed some problems in power delivery.

With DB killer:
Smooth low end / pickup, but a notable dip in performance (not a stutter though) when opening up the throttle at 4k RPM @ ~120 KPH (75 MPH), like it waits a bit before taking off normally.

Without DB killer:
Smoooooth acceleration in the top end, but the pickup from idle and even a little bit above idle is not as nice. I've had my engine stall 3 times in 10.000km when rolling up to an intersection, seeing that noone was coming and hitting the throttle to pull away. Not just drop out, but a misfire.

I was wondering if Mark Vernact's accelerator was going to change any of this behavior?
StijnSpijker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:56 AM   #201
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm View Post
Advertising hype. The only real requirement is that where ever you put the extended sensor, it is in a location no warmer than the air in the air box. It could be in the air box.

The short version just connects between the stock sensor and the wire to it. There is plastic between the air box and the connecting wire that should provide heat protection. It runs above the engine.

PoolSides version of the resister package does not have an extended sensor and he did some temperature comparisons.
No matter what any seller of add-on air temperature shift devices say, the only proper place to mount the intake air temperature sensor is in the intake manifold. This is where every automobile or motorcycle manufacturer mounts it.

Sellers of add-on devices know that the install is easier if it is mounted conveniently and argue that it's just as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StijnSpijker View Post
I've tried searching the forums with Google but couldn't really find my subject.
Because I didn't like the sound of the stock exhaust I bought the BMW original Akrapovic exhaust. I really like the sound (with the DB killer in), but I noticed some problems in power delivery.

With DB killer:
Smooth low end / pickup, but a notable dip in performance (not a stutter though) when opening up the throttle at 4k RPM @ ~120 KPH (75 MPH), like it waits a bit before taking off normally.

Without DB killer:
Smoooooth acceleration in the top end, but the pickup from idle and even a little bit above idle is not as nice. I've had my engine stall 3 times in 10.000km when rolling up to an intersection, seeing that noone was coming and hitting the throttle to pull away. Not just drop out, but a misfire.

I was wondering if Mark Vernact's accelerator was going to change any of this behavior?
Look at Ebrabaek's thread on his exhaust and Power Commander install. What you are seeing, same as him, are the effects of changing exhaust tuning. You're getting more air into the cylinder at some rpms and throttle openings and less air at others. Without the Db killer you may be getting air reversion at the O2 sensor at some rpms. All these things change the fueling need or calculation by the BMSK.

An air temp spoofer may or may not help.
roger 04 rt is offline   Reply With Quote