Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #46
tmlee
Enigma

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDRZ View Post
I was able to find Spectrol 10w-50 so thats what went in, rather pricy at $16 qt. The bike has a drain plug with magnet which had a little black on it. I'm guessing typical breakin no metal shavings. I wasn't able to get the oil sump hose fitting off it's a 12mm I think and my wrench seemed to want to strip it so I'll pick up a new 12mm for the task. I wanted to look to see if there is a pickup screen behind the fitting that needs cleaning!
Does anyone knows on the 2013 model if this screen exists?? (still haven't recieved owners manual) I'm also trying to purchase the shop manual but Husqvarna isn't replying to my dealer, maybe lag due to new ownership. Pretty quick easy job maybe took one glass of wine (too cold for beer still snow on ground).
I just did the first oil change on my new 2013 TE310R and there -is- a finger strainer in the oil pan behind the sump hose fitting. I didn't think it was in there, but a little probing with the short end of an allen wrench (metric, of course ) and it popped right out.

It's cylindrical in shape, the diameter of the hole, and about 2" long. There was a little crud stuck to it so I am glad I pulled it. I washed it clean with a few squirts of brake cleaner.

The magnetic oil drain sump plug just had a very small amount of black on it.
- Robert Frost
tmlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #47
MasterChief
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
Brand new 2013

I rode my xt225 over to my local Husky dealer to get a new taillight for my 610 and saw that they had a 310 for $2000 less than when I looked at it a couple of months ago.

I left my 225 there and rode the 310 home.

The suspension is very stiff, so hopefully it will loosen up. I also want to get a better and lower seat.

The speedo is also set up for kph. I thought I’d be able to change it, but the owner’s manual says the dealer has to do it.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #48
tmlee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
The speedo is also set up for kph. I thought I’d be able to change it, but the owner’s manual says the dealer has to do it.
Nah, you can change it yourself. I found this procedure elsewhere on the net and it worked for me. The TE310R does not have an ignition key, so just start the bike at the key-on step. You do need 3 hands though!

1) Set the display so it is showing ODO mode (not clock, revs, laptimer etc)
2) Turn off the ignition at the key so the whole electrics are dead
3) Push and hold the button on the dash unit (the one that changes the mode)
4) Turn on the ignition at the key and watch the display
5) After a few seconds the speed mode it's in will appear, nothing else will show on the display, just the speed units. Release the button when it appears
6) Wait a little and the display will start to flick between kmh and mph
7) Press the button when it's showing what you want
- Robert Frost
Old 05-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #49
murdock84
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
I've been looking for this thread. Went to a dealer to check out the TE449 and also the TE310. Trying to find some info to compare it to the DRZ400S I had a year or so ago. Now I just need to talk the wife into it!
murdock84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #50
MasterChief
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlee View Post
Nah, you can change it yourself. I found this procedure elsewhere on the net and it worked for me. The TE310R does not have an ignition key, so just start the bike at the key-on step. You do need 3 hands though!

1) Set the display so it is showing ODO mode (not clock, revs, laptimer etc)
2) Turn off the ignition at the key so the whole electrics are dead
3) Push and hold the button on the dash unit (the one that changes the mode)
4) Turn on the ignition at the key and watch the display
5) After a few seconds the speed mode it's in will appear, nothing else will show on the display, just the speed units. Release the button when it appears
6) Wait a little and the display will start to flick between kmh and mph
7) Press the button when it's showing what you want
Jumped out the clutch switch , so I only needed two hands, but still could not get this to work.

I'll have to run it back to the dealer and let them mess with it.

I did my first oil change today. what a pita.

My first real ride on some single track will be on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #51
grayscale1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Jacking it up

Hey there, new (to me) 2012 TE310 owner here and have a question.

The bash plate on the machine seems to be plastic. Is it acceptable to lift the bike via the bash plate or will it break? How do you guys lift for tire changes, service, etc?

Thanks
grayscale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #52
PK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Yes, you can lift the bike with the bash plate in place.

Yes, it is some kind of plastic. Which means it is very light, But can crack. Beefier plates are available if you spend a lot of time landing on logs and big rocks, although mine has mostly survived some enthusiastic landings.
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #53
grayscale1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Thx, no plans for big rocks or logs right away but probably better to plan for that in the future. The way they have the evap cannister sticking out is definitely an accident waiting to happen though. I wonder if you can remove it and still have the thing run right without alot of dicking around.
grayscale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #54
Dirt Virgin
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Hello all
New here. Just bought a new TE 310. Hoping to get information from those in the community. I removed the evap can and hoses before my first ride. Put a cap screw in the intake manifold where the hose used to go. I think I should have removed the check valve from the hose coming from the gas cap. I stalled out in the woods and it seemed like it may have been vapor locked. Let it cool down and rode it home. Anyone else with the same situation?
Dirt Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #55
tmlee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Virgin View Post
Hello all
I stalled out in the woods and it seemed like it may have been vapor locked. Let it cool down and rode it home. Anyone else with the same situation?
Yes - twice I have had the bike not want to restart after riding a while then shutting it down to take a break, probably vapor-locked due to heat? First time I killed the battery trying to get it restarted, the second time when it was obvious that it wouldn't start, I waited a bit then kick started it. (to save the battery for possible later start attempts)

I have only been able to do the one ride so far as the engine was running so poorly that the bike is now back at the dealer for repairs. It has been there for 2 weeks with no resolution in sight.
- Robert Frost
Old 05-21-2013, 05:51 AM   #56
Dirt Virgin
n00b

I am going to speak with the dealer today and try to get a few questions answered. Hope it goes well. I'll let you know.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #57
GXP_Matt
n00b

Oddometer: 2
New 2011 TE310 owner here. It's my first bike, planning on getting comfortable with the bike and then converting to a SM setup and keeping the dirt wheels for the occasional off-road romp. I live in the mountains so there are a lot of twisties to ride, don't ever need to get on an interstate. Here's a pic from a ride last week, what a blast!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #58
Dirt Virgin
n00b

OK kids here goes. You all seem to know more than the dealer. Followed your instruction and got the speedo to read in miles per hour. Having the dealer look into any recall issues. Now I'm trying to get my hands on the factory service manual. I decided to remove the check valve on the gas cap hose because it is part of the evap system and I think it may have had led to the vapor lock condition that I had. Thank you all for your help.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #59
Smitkev2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Hey all,
Thinking about buying one, in your opinion is this motor ready to run all day for 2 weeks straight. I'm looking for a CDT bike. I have a vstrom for nice comfy rides, but really want a trail bike. I don't have any experience with Husky, I just don't want to find out the motor needs rebuilding every 100 hours like I've heard some race bikes need.

Anyone have any experience between this bike and the WRR250?
Smitkev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #60
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitkev2 View Post
Hey all,
Thinking about buying one, in your opinion is this motor ready to run all day for 2 weeks straight. I'm looking for a CDT bike. I have a vstrom for nice comfy rides, but really want a trail bike. I don't have any experience with Husky, I just don't want to find out the motor needs rebuilding every 100 hours like I've heard some race bikes need.

Anyone have any experience between this bike and the WRR250?
If you can find a 2009/2010 the answer is yes. It was a less racey engine than the current x-lites.
Of course the bike doesn't exist, this entire forum is here because the right bike doesn't exist but the right people do, and they make the trip anyway.
VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote