ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Turtlebone OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
DIY Garage...

I've been living in apartments for the last three years in San Diego with all of my tools in storage about an hour and a half away with nowhere to work on my car, truck, or bike. I served five years in the U.S. Army as an Airborne Military Policeman. During that time I was single, living on post, and able to use the on-post Auto Hobby Shop to work on my stuff. It was awesome. Now that I'm back in the real world, there just isn't a place like this available to me within a reasonable distance. I'm sure I'm not the only one in my area that wants to do my own work on my vehicles to save a buck, but lives in a place that won't allow it or simply doesn't have the space for it plus tools.

I want to open up a full-service shop that sells parts, and rents out tools and work bays. Please have a look... CLICK HERE!!

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what type of products, specialty tools, or services should be offered at a DIY Garage like this? Obviously I want it to be attractive to bike, car, and truck enthusiasts alike. I would employ a full-time master mechanic who could offer classes on basics of welding, metal fab, service and maintenance stuff, etc. What kinds of things would you like to see at a DIY Garage like this?

Any and all input/discussion would be appreciated!