User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #16
STUFF2C
We Ain't Left Yet!!

Oddometer: 2,445
Tampa is not to far from the airport.

I live in Orlando and will never darken the door there again. Daytona same owns them. They tried to charge me 30% over MSRP for gloves. When I showed the sales guy the BMW catalogue, he went and talked to someone. Came back a few minutes later and said "they said they would honor the MSRP this time" that was my last time there.

I've bought several MC's from the guys in Tampa.

I never plan a ride, just the destination and that's always subject to change.
STUFF2C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang55 View Post
Give a talk to Ken L.
He's an older fellow who has ridden a lot & is sincere in the customer's concerns. NO, Ken is not my brother.

Good luck w/ your search for a BMW in your future.

What are you looking for? Just remembering my search for my GS.
+1 on Ken. I stop in the dealer often and drool over the new bikes. I did not buy my GS there, but they still treat me like I did. Good people in Jax, I support them when I can to keep this shop around!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #18
karmatourer
STD free

Oddometer: 2,239
Orlando dealer was very good before Daytona bought them.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #19
Wrong
wrong way

Oddometer: 251
O/D dealer

I live in Orlando and have bought an '07 GSA and a '10 GSA one from Daytona and one from Orlando (now magic cycles) I'm not going into a big deal but all I have to say is I will NEVER buy anything from either of those shops again. If you ever do anything with them get EVEYTHING in writing. Double check your paperwork. I will go anywhere but there.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #20
Zrexrob
Fla Mountains...yep!

Oddometer: 1,712
Nice bump...just saying

Seven deadly sins Seven ways to win Seven holy paths to hell And your trip begins...
Zrexrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #21
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard"D"
I wouldn't give 5 cents to Daytona BMW.And yes , he owns Orlando too. Very bad experience and reputation. His techs drove the screws right through the plastic on my brand new RT and when i confronted the owner, he told me to go buy a Honda. BMW of North America called him to try and get him to make good on it and they couldn't . Tampa and Haps in Sarasota have great reputations. Jax. is new but i only hear good things about them. I could also tell you stories the old service dept manager told me that used to work there and quit right after this new owner took over too but I won't even go there.

Hi Rich!

Long time no wave! Maybe it's an incandescent thing!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff

Dr.Z screwed with this post 01-06-2014 at 11:31 AM
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:08 AM   #22
STUFF2C
We Ain't Left Yet!!

Oddometer: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrexrob View Post
Nice bump...just saying
Yeah... and they still SUCK

I never plan a ride, just the destination and that's always subject to change.
STUFF2C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #23
travlr_45
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
I've dealt with the Daytona store, bought 2 bikes there over a 4 year period. Will never buy anything from either of his stores again. Absolutely NO customer loyalty at all. Jacksonville on the other hand seems to be a pretty decent group of folks, service manager there had an opportunity to sell me a $5.00 o-ring for my oil fill cap on my R11S, instead he suggested I stop by the local auto parts store and pick 1 up for .50 . Those are the kind of ppl I don't mind doing business with. GO TO JACKSONVILLE.
travlr_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #24
DevilDog78
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Have had quite a bit of work done on my Speed Triple at Hap's in Sarasota. They sell BMWs, Triumphs, Hondas, and those electric bikes.

It's an amazing shop - sales and service. Would recommend you give them a chance. It actually feels like a motorcycle shop, not a sterile clinic...
DevilDog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:19 PM   #25
1150Pappy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
I called the Daytona store about a week ago looking for some mount braces for an 1150R. Parts guy acted like he was doing me a favor talking to me. Also wanted a sight glass for the crankcase. Claimed no brackets in the US and/or Europe and quoted me retail plus 33% on the sight glass.
I called MAXBMW and got what I wanted with no hassle and decent pricing.
THEN....the other day I called the Orlando BMW shop looking for stick coils for the bike. Parts guy quoted me $154 apiece.........!!
Told him I could buy them anywhere for $132 and he said he would price match. Told him to lay them on the counter and I would be there to pick them up. Then I called Beemer Boneyard and got them for $119. Hope they are still on the counter.
Never again will I give either dealer the time of day.
1150Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:50 AM   #26
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1150Pappy View Post
I called the Daytona store about a week ago looking for some mount braces for an 1150R. Parts guy acted like he was doing me a favor talking to me. Also wanted a sight glass for the crankcase. Claimed no brackets in the US and/or Europe and quoted me retail plus 33% on the sight glass.
I called MAXBMW and got what I wanted with no hassle and decent pricing.
THEN....the other day I called the Orlando BMW shop looking for stick coils for the bike. Parts guy quoted me $154 apiece.........!!
Told him I could buy them anywhere for $132 and he said he would price match. Told him to lay them on the counter and I would be there to pick them up. Then I called Beemer Boneyard and got them for $119. Hope they are still on the counter.
Never again will I give either dealer the time of day.
Jax BMW is the same price as Max (at least in my experience),..Gene in parts is awesome, went out his way a couple weeks ago to find me a part that was out of stock at both warehouses & get it to me so I could make the Polar Bear ride. The owner there needs to do what he needs to do to keep that dood happy.
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote