Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #61
MasterChief
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
Jumped out the clutch switch , so I only needed two hands, but still could not get this to work.

I'll have to run it back to the dealer and let them mess with it.

I did my first oil change today. what a pita.

My first real ride on some single track will be on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes.
Went for a single track ride on Sunday. I thought i had a 12 tooth front sprocket to lower the gearing some, but it did not fit. stock it is way too high. I found a 45 tooth rear that I never installed on my 610. that will go on before I hit the trails again. The high gearing combined with lean running/stalling, the starter not functioning right and a clutch lever that is to big for my hand all conspired against me.

The bike is back at the dealers to richen the map, fix the starter and switch the speedo to miles. I just got an adjustable clutch lever and I'm going to install the 45 tooth sprocket and a 12 tooth front. A little adjustment to the suspension and I'll be ready to hit the trails again.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #62
BillDRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Starter??

Quote:
Went for a single track ride on Sunday. I thought i had a 12 tooth front sprocket to lower the gearing some, but it did not fit. stock it is way too high. I found a 45 tooth rear that I never installed on my 610. that will go on before I hit the trails again. The high gearing combined with lean running/stalling, the starter not functioning right and a clutch lever that is to big for my hand all conspired against me.

The bike is back at the dealers to richen the map, fix the starter and switch the speedo to miles. I just got an adjustable clutch lever and I'm going to install the 45 tooth sprocket and a 12 tooth front. A little adjustment to the suspension and I'll be ready to hit the trails again.
I just received the recall on the starter, once warm mine will not start unless in neutral and ignition has shut down (headlight/speedo), it acts like there is not enough power in the starter motor. Battery is fine.
Do you know what the starter repair consists of?
BillDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #63
MasterChief
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDRZ View Post
I just received the recall on the starter, once warm mine will not start unless in neutral and ignition has shut down (headlight/speedo), it acts like there is not enough power in the starter motor. Battery is fine.
Do you know what the starter repair consists of?
Mine had similar problems. My understanding is that the starter worm gear binds, especialy when hot. The dealer is fixing it under warranty.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:21 AM   #64
BillDRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Still waiting on parts

Quote:
Mine had similar problems. My understanding is that the starter worm gear binds, especialy when hot. The dealer is fixing it under warranty.
Well I may be kick'in it at Durty Dabbers DS?
BillDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #65
reveille
Crash Test Dummy

Oddometer: 395
Hello

I brought home my 2012 TE310 last week and started getting it ready for single track. I had a DR650 before this so WOW what a difference off road. I have the gearing at 13/50 and it seems good there. Have HDB hand guards on order and I sripped the rear fender and all the restrictive crap already. Added some armor from 7602 racing. Here are some pictures. I am over on cafehusky as well.

reveille screwed with this post 06-03-2013 at 06:05 PM
reveille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #66
Dirt Virgin
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Hey Folks
I think I'm going to have to bring the TE back to the dealer for service. I thought it was just tight because it was new. After putting 40 miles on it, the engine still doesn't want to stay running when you start it up. The idle is all over the place and it just isn't running well. I see some of you have the same problem. Have any of you sorted it out? I hope the dealer can fix this issue.
Dirt Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #67
tmlee
Enigma

Oddometer: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Virgin View Post
Hey Folks
I think I'm going to have to bring the TE back to the dealer for service. I thought it was just tight because it was new. After putting 40 miles on it, the engine still doesn't want to stay running when you start it up. The idle is all over the place and it just isn't running well. I see some of you have the same problem. Have any of you sorted it out? I hope the dealer can fix this issue.
Check your PM

-. .---- --- --.. .---
tmlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #68
BC Brian
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
New 2012

Bought a leftover, new, 2012 yesterday and its great.

Played around in the back yard for a bit this morning then went for a ride.

BC Brian screwed with this post 06-10-2013 at 09:10 AM
BC Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #69
SoSlow
Having fun

Oddometer: 807
Very nice... looks like you're having fun already!

I expect you'll get really good tread life out of that front tire if you keep riding like that.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #70
BC Brian
Studly Adventurer

USB Owners Manual

The USB stick manual I got with my bike doesn't seem to work.

Anybody know any tricks to get it to work, or whats actually on the drive?

I downloaded the Manual from the Husky website...... but it seems..... less than complete......... Not much on servicing etc.

Thanks

Did I metnion I am loving my new Husky?
Old 06-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #71
MasterChief
Adventurer

Quote:

I know I'm quoting myself.

Got it back from the dealer, installed the 45 rear and got 12t front that fit. also installed a Seat Concepts -1 seat.

It ran great for a little while then started sputtering at part throttle. Back to the dealer. The flywheel key had broken. Now it looks like I have had all three problems I have heard about the bike and have them all fixed. Sunday's ride should be great

MasterChief screwed with this post 06-19-2013 at 04:35 PM
MasterChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #72
Dirt Virgin
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Bc

My electronic manual didn't work either. I went to the dealer and got one that did. It didn't have all that much more information. What you need is the factory service manual.
Dirt Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #73
BC Brian
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
My electronic manual didn't work either. I went to the dealer and got one that did. It didn't have all that much more information. What you need is the factory service manual.
Thanks DV

I called my dealer, and while he was calling around trying to find out
what is actually ON the stick, I found a free download of the service manual.

I will post the link on monday if anyone wants it. Its on my work computer....
Old 06-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #74
BC Brian
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Link to all kinds of manuals

Here

Old 06-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #75
grayscale1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Not running right

I have also experienced my 2012 not running well. Won't stay running, once it's running won't stay running when shifted into first, idle speed inconsistent, etc. I'm thrilled at the light weight and very good handling, but disappointed at how it runs.

Is it because it's fuel mapping is off, or what? Can the dealer change the fuel map and make it better? I don't have the optional race map installed, wonder if that would help? I really hate to take it to the dealer because it seems like all my dealer interactions in the last year or 2 have been counter productive to say the least, but if that's the only way to get it running right I'd do it.

If anybody has some info or help I'd be all ears.
grayscale1 is offline   Reply With Quote