ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #46
reedg01
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Oddometer: 247
So three of the five participants from last month's event will not be available. Do we want to take a month off?

Are others planning join us?

Inquiring minds want to know!
__________________
Glenn Reed

"I have CDO, it's kind of like OCD, only the letters are in alphabetical order, as they ought to be..."
reedg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #47
Stephen Hill
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Middle East Coast
Oddometer: 30
First Tuesday Ride

I'm interested, unless I'm at a meeting.
Joppa and what Cross Street?
Steve
Lutherville
Stephen Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #48
Stephen Hill
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Middle East Coast
Oddometer: 30
Oh Sh.......t

First Monday......that's also the RAT meeting at Pete's at 7. Never been but wanted to attend. The Ride sounds more fun!
Brooklandville......Falls Road.....2 miles away....Dah!

Alert while riding, Brain Dead the rest of the time!
Stephen Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #49
Chisenhallw OP
Avowed Pussbag
 
Chisenhallw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: I've narrowed it down to 'earth'. Or 'Baltimore'.
Oddometer: 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedg01 View Post
So three of the five participants from last month's event will not be available. Do we want to take a month off?

Are others planning join us?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Nah, balls to that. I'll still set it up & pimp it. If even two of YFF's show up and wander out there it'll be worth it. Mick gets a pass on caging it this time.

Let's call it the Tidewater, using your map. First post will be updated.

Steve, the cross road is the Exxon Station at Joppa & Falls. Look for the park benches behind the Exxon. Glenn will either be piloting a red VFR or maybe the DRZ (if memory serves). If I get to show up I'll be on a big blue Concours.
__________________
2001 Kawasaki Concours
2001 Suzuki SV650
MD ABC TOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
I wanna go terrorize hipsters at farmers markets... in first and second gear. Farm fresh burnouts for all!
Chisenhallw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #50
Chisenhallw OP
Avowed Pussbag
 
Chisenhallw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: I've narrowed it down to 'earth'. Or 'Baltimore'.
Oddometer: 4,418
First post updated.
__________________
2001 Kawasaki Concours
2001 Suzuki SV650
MD ABC TOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
I wanna go terrorize hipsters at farmers markets... in first and second gear. Farm fresh burnouts for all!
Chisenhallw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 AM   #51
reedg01
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw View Post
Nah, balls to that. I'll still set it up & pimp it. If even two of YFF's show up and wander out there it'll be worth it. Mick gets a pass on caging it this time.

Let's call it the Tidewater, using your map. First post will be updated.

Steve, the cross road is the Exxon Station at Joppa & Falls. Look for the park benches behind the Exxon. Glenn will either be piloting a red VFR or maybe the DRZ (if memory serves). If I get to show up I'll be on a big blue Concours.
Actually, Glenn is the guy on the maroon R1100RT. Steve is the rider who likes red Honda's.
__________________
Glenn Reed

"I have CDO, it's kind of like OCD, only the letters are in alphabetical order, as they ought to be..."
reedg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:13 AM   #52
Chisenhallw OP
Avowed Pussbag
 
Chisenhallw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: I've narrowed it down to 'earth'. Or 'Baltimore'.
Oddometer: 4,418
Derp derp derp..
__________________
2001 Kawasaki Concours
2001 Suzuki SV650
MD ABC TOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
I wanna go terrorize hipsters at farmers markets... in first and second gear. Farm fresh burnouts for all!
Chisenhallw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #53
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\
 
Dynamick's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
Oddometer: 3,414
I just posted a link so the DDBs would know about this outing and maybe some will join.
First Monday is June 3rd.
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #54
reedg01
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamick View Post
I just posted a link so the DDBs would know about this outing and maybe some will join.
First Monday is June 3rd.
Should they do so, they can get to Havre de Grace toll free on the way over on I95 or Route 40. Going back, if they're cheap like me, they'll want to go up and over the Conowingo Dam on Route 1.
__________________
Glenn Reed

"I have CDO, it's kind of like OCD, only the letters are in alphabetical order, as they ought to be..."
reedg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #55
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\
 
Dynamick's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
Oddometer: 3,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedg01 View Post
Should they do so, they can get to Havre de Grace toll free on the way over on I95 or Route 40. Going back, if they're cheap like me, they'll want to go up and over the Conowingo Dam on Route 1.
They're cheap! There is at least one KLR over there .
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #56
tom c
Beastly Adventurer
 
tom c's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: DDB country (DE)
Oddometer: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedg01 View Post
Should they do so, they can get to Havre de Grace toll free on the way over on I95 or Route 40. Going back, if they're cheap like me, they'll want to go up and over the Conowingo Dam on Route 1.
The DDB's are cheap, we'll ride over Conowingo to miss the toll - unless we're following 'moneybags' CTom - he likes to pay the toll. next time he takes us over that damn bridge we're gonna make him pay the toll for all of us!
__________________
2010 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE, 2009 KLR650
"Scott P gave me crabs and I didn't even win a bet." - H14
Where's Tom?
tom c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:14 AM   #57
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\
 
Dynamick's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
Oddometer: 3,414
^^^ See
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #58
Chisenhallw OP
Avowed Pussbag
 
Chisenhallw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: I've narrowed it down to 'earth'. Or 'Baltimore'.
Oddometer: 4,418
My problem is that my girlfriend is flying out to Germany that *day*, and she's flying out from Dulles. If I'm gonna make the RTE I have to drop her off at Dulles way early and then *run* northward.
__________________
2001 Kawasaki Concours
2001 Suzuki SV650
MD ABC TOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
I wanna go terrorize hipsters at farmers markets... in first and second gear. Farm fresh burnouts for all!
Chisenhallw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #59
reedg01
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw View Post
My problem is that my girlfriend is flying out to Germany that *day*, and she's flying out from Dulles. If I'm gonna make the RTE I have to drop her off at Dulles way early and then *run* northward.
I think you would lose a bunch of SO points if you drop her off early so you can hang out with the likes of us! After all, she's met some of us and can do a direct comparison...
__________________
Glenn Reed

"I have CDO, it's kind of like OCD, only the letters are in alphabetical order, as they ought to be..."
reedg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #60
Chisenhallw OP
Avowed Pussbag
 
Chisenhallw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: I've narrowed it down to 'earth'. Or 'Baltimore'.
Oddometer: 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedg01 View Post
I think you would lose a bunch of SO points if you drop her off early so you can hang out with the likes of us! After all, she's met some of us and can do a direct comparison...
I"m spinning it as 'being early to get through security'.
__________________
2001 Kawasaki Concours
2001 Suzuki SV650
MD ABC TOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
I wanna go terrorize hipsters at farmers markets... in first and second gear. Farm fresh burnouts for all!
Chisenhallw is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014