Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #16
fortizgur
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
what are the average speeds in the specials? Also, i figure on the tranist you must obey traffic speed laws?? thanks
fortizgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #17
fortizgur
Adventurer

Just saw Entrepre-neer's chart,,, using that data, i figured the target average miles per hour for the SS's for section 1 @ 33mph, section 2 @ 50MPH, section 3 @48MPH, section 4@ 32MPH,,,, my math could be wrong could anyone verify or give your opinion on experience... basically I just want to know what speeds in special stages are the norm... THanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #18
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortizgur View Post
Just saw Entrepre-neer's chart,,, using that data, i figured the target average miles per hour for the SS's for section 1 @ 33mph, section 2 @ 50MPH, section 3 @48MPH, section 4@ 32MPH,,,, my math could be wrong could anyone verify or give your opinion on experience... basically I just want to know what speeds in special stages are the norm... THanks in advance.
Its a relative concept. Everyone is going as fast as they possibly can before crashing. For some, thats 30mph. For some thats 60. Just do your best
And dont crash
Old 05-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
fortizgur
Adventurer

goodpoint stagehand,,,, there I was again getting carried away with to much info ,,, I'm just going to try it and have fun,, get some experience, Thanks!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #20
Hypermofo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
its a different surface- all gravel and dirt road/double track. Barely any deep sand.
Yep, for sure... i'm thinking more about the mental aspect, navigation, bike set up, prep, etc... what bugs to work out of the whole program.

Definitely getting more pumped thinking about it! Plus, double the stage miles as RSB... holy crapola
Old 05-23-2013, 03:00 AM   #21
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,709
Unfortunately. I have been priced out. After my nap at SB, my rally budget can't handle a 480$ entrance fee. Bummer

hardwaregrrl screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 07:48 AM
hardwaregrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:11 AM   #22
poondangle OP
Slow

Oddometer: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Unfortunately. I have been priced out. After my nap at SB, my rally budget can't handle a 460$ entrance fee. Bummer
That sux. I will be taking advantage of the pay over time option. That helps me out a bunch.
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #23
BC61
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Just saw Entrepre-neer's chart,,, using that data, i figured the target average miles per hour for the SS's for section 1 @ 33mph, section 2 @ 50MPH, section 3 @48MPH, section 4@ 32MPH,,,,

Your math may be correct but not sure if you get the format. The specials are about running as fast as you can, not maintaining an average speed. The miles/time shown in the stage schedule relates to maximum time allotted for the stage.

As Stagehand mentioned it's about how comfortable you are going fast. I have not done RWV yet but every RallyMoto event I have participated in the top riders have had race stage speed averages over 60 mph, top speeds in the 100+ range.

My experience at Dakar 2012 www.bc2dakar.com
BC61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #24
fortizgur
Adventurer

Hey there BC61, think I understand, the SS pin it (at own level) and transit, just get to next location. Regarding the speeds I mentioned, since I have ZERO experience in Rally, just wanted to have some clue as to what speeds are but as mentioned it varies among riders,,, makes sense (I'll ride at my comfort level)... Thanks for info. Hopefully able to participate at WV rally.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #25
Falcon86
I just work here.

Oddometer: 1,631
Quote:
Unfortunately. I have been priced out. After my nap at SB, my rally budget can't handle a 480$ entrance fee. Bummer
Wait wait wait. Are you the one that posted all the awesome vids from last year with your war cries under your helmet??? You've GOT to do the rally again!! I thought it was so freaking awesome hearing that freedom you were feeling when I watched those a few months back.

Quote:
Hey there BC61, think I understand, the SS pin it (at own level) and transit, just get to next location. Regarding the speeds I mentioned, since I have ZERO experience in Rally, just wanted to have some clue as to what speeds are but as mentioned it varies among riders,,, makes sense (I'll ride at my comfort level)... Thanks for info. Hopefully able to participate at WV rally.
I promise however slow you are, you're not as slow as me. It's a great event in a great area, put on by great people. It'll be my first time as well.
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #26
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 422
As Bill said, going faster or slower than the target time only matters on transit.

I'm not sure if max speed was above the mid 90s at WV last year due to tighter roads.

All sorts of graphs from previous year's results.

http://www.nasarallysport.com//resul...inia-index.htm

http://www.nasarallysport.com//resul...inia-index.htm

Here's and example.

Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #27
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Dang! That's a bummer Jenna.

With you and Jason out who will be the token Airhead rider?
Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #28
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
Wait wait wait. Are you the one that posted all the awesome vids from last year with your war cries under your helmet??? You've GOT to do the rally again!! I thought it was so freaking awesome hearing that freedom you were feeling when I watched those a few months back.

Yep......wish I could go. Glad you enjoyed, I certainly did.
hardwaregrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #29
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,007
We are planning on running it this year in the historic Saab. Its a bit of a bummer because they moved the Maine rally to the same weekend...otherwise we could have run both.

Entry fee for the car is just 3 easy payments of $400 :)

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #30
scholz
bush league

Oddometer: 52
23 mile night stage! This should be interesting.

This was my first rallymoto last year, and everyone was really helpful when I hadn't a clue what I was doing
scholz is offline   Reply With Quote