Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #76
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,070
I have found through experience that one problem with looser fitting pants is the knee armor can shift out of position, especially on impact with the ground. How are these in that respect?
twinrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #77
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Just ordered a pair. Looking forward to trying them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post
Good looking jeans, and well designed.

Do you have any specific measurements? In particular, I'm looking for the leg opening. I read that they are slight boot cut, but would like to be able to confirm the leg opening on a 32x36 pair.

Also, for those of you that have these, can you feel the stretch? I'm wondering if the Kevlar and inner mesh liner nullify the stretch of the outer denim, or do you feel able to move without binding? I absolutely love the idea of stretch without those ugly accordion panels.
The leg opening on the 32x36 is 9 inches.

The knitted inside liner also stretches, you can move freely with no binding.

Domiken screwed with this post 05-17-2013 at 08:14 PM
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #78
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
I have found through experience that one problem with looser fitting pants is the knee armor can shift out of position, especially on impact with the ground. How are these in that respect?
Here you go:
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....6&postcount=39
Old 05-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #79
twinrider
pass the catnip

Thanks for that link. How stretchy are the waists? For example, would the 32 stretch enough to accommodate a 33 inch waist if I gained a few lbs?
Old 05-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #80
GroceryRun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Maybe a nice touch would be 7 belt loops instead of 5 , just like the older made jeans.
Are the front pockets too large ?
Also the space between the 2 front loops has to be large enough to accommodate a large belt buckle.
GroceryRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #81
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroceryRun View Post
Maybe a nice touch would be 7 belt loops instead of 5 , just like the older made jeans.
Are the front pockets too large ?
Also the space between the 2 front loops has to be large enough to accommodate a large belt buckle.

What do you mean, are the front pockets too large??

I'd also like the extra belt loops but it'd add a couple bucks to the price I s'pose.

...still holding out for black
thistle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #82
EKinOR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Cargo pant version, please!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #83
nwpa
Generally amused

Oddometer: 499
I've been able to put a couple days and a few hundred miles into a pair. My thoughts:

They are very comfortable to put on. I like the denim material and the liner, and the armor is not obtrusive at all. You generally don't know its there with one exception (below).

They do need additional belt loops. Without enough loops you're tugging on areas of your pants between the loops whenever you're walking. The issue is made worse by the weight of the pants. Between the linings and armor, and too-few loops, I felt like I had to walk around literally holding my pants up. I'm thinking of suspenders, but that sorta defeats the whole "blend in" theory of denim.

After a couple 6 or 7 hour days my left knee is rubbed pretty raw on the armor pocket. To be fair, I'm breaking in a pair of quality elkskin gloves right now too and I have raw spots on my hands, so it may just be break-in. But for me at least the left knee armor pocket is causing some irritation on my knee.

The sizing is true. If anything the waist is a little big, but they have not been washed so I expect them to shrink up a bit.

I can compare to Aerostich's non-Kevlar riding jeans. These have a more comfortable material, and the armor is much less obtrusive (plus these have hip pads where Aerostich does not). These are physically heavier jeans, meaning when you walk around these always are kinda wanting to end up around your ankles. A couple more belt loops may help, but I may use suspenders. These are enough more comfortable that I'd be willing to wear suspenders just to make it easier off the bike.

I like them, and with a couple little modifications I'd buy them again.
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #84
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpa View Post
I've been able to put a couple days and a few hundred miles into a pair. My thoughts:
Thanks for the review, given your feedback and price I think I would have to try on a pair before buying.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:59 AM   #85
nwpa
Generally amused

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post
Good looking jeans, and well designed.

Do you have any specific measurements? In particular, I'm looking for the leg opening. I read that they are slight boot cut, but would like to be able to confirm the leg opening on a 32x36 pair.

Also, for those of you that have these, can you feel the stretch? I'm wondering if the Kevlar and inner mesh liner nullify the stretch of the outer denim, or do you feel able to move without binding? I absolutely love the idea of stretch without those ugly accordion panels.
The material is quite comfortable, you will find no binding whatsoever.
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #86
scoprire
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
I haven't gotten to ride in them yet, but at least I can say the customer service is top notch ! I am in between sizes in almost everything, and these were no exception. So I order the larger size and they were too big. After a quick PM, Kevin had the exchange underway w/ a super quick turn-around.

Thanks Kevin !

No one can see you posing in a blizzard.
scoprire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #87
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,322
Got mine today. Unfortunately, they're too small. I will say, they look extremely well-made and I can't wait to try out a pair that fit!

When I ordered them, I was told I'd see 34 x 34 on the invoice but would receive 36 x 34 jeans. The jeans I received are, according to the tag, 34 x 34. They fit like 34 x 34, i.e. they were nice and snug on me. My wife liked the tight fit. Me, not so much.

I guess I get to test the exchange policy!

Edit: Exchanged email with Kevin. Very fast response for the Friday of a holiday weekend! I got the right size jeans, they're just too tight for me. For reference for other buyers, I wear a 36 x 34 jean, but they're "Relaxed Fit" jeans. 501's do not fit me. 559's do. Kevin is sending me a pair of the next size up, can't wait to try them!
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112

YetiGS screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 06:26 PM
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #88
AGiN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Is international shipping available? Really interested to try one
AGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #89
Burninator
Zed's dead

Oddometer: 301
PM Sent. I'll take a pair!
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #90
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Edit: Exchanged email with Kevin. Very fast response for the Friday of a holiday weekend! I got the right size jeans, they're just too tight for me. For reference for other buyers, I wear a 36 x 34 jean, but they're "Relaxed Fit" jeans. 501's do not fit me. 559's do. Kevin is sending me a pair of the next size up, can't wait to try them!
Thanks Scott, they are on the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGiN View Post
Is international shipping available? Really interested to try one
Yes, International shipping is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonad Nomad View Post
PM Sent. I'll take a pair!
PM'd