Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #2521
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,659
Yes RDP, there were pictures posted from the last test on twitter.
dontlr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #2522
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 6,738
Thats cool RDP really needs a factory ride of some flavor, he is too good to be fucking around with CRTs.

....for that matter, I wouldn't mind seeing Ben on a Zuki.....can't be worse than a satellite Ducati
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #2523
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
Thats cool RDP really needs a factory ride of some flavor, he is too good to be fucking around with CRTs.
just coz he's testing don't mean he'll be racing

Quote:
....for that matter, I wouldn't mind seeing Ben on a Zuki.....can't be worse than a satellite Ducati
careful what you wish for ...

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #2524
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
Thats cool RDP really needs a factory ride of some flavor, he is too good to be fucking around with CRTs

Nah, Crashy DePunier has balled up enough prototypes already.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #2525
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
careful what you wish for ...

I just heard a recent interview with Ben where he said he is very happy being with Ducati and is excited to see what they come up with, bike wise, by the end of the year.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #2526
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

I just heard a recent interview with Ben where he said he is very happy being with Ducati and is excited to see what they come up with, bike wise, by the end of the year.
I think the clock is ticking faster for Ben than it is for Ducati.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #2527
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer: 1,626
I have a different question: If they have started on the 3rd of 5 engines, how would that affect the introduction of a Yamaha seamless gearbox? Since motorcycles use a "combined" engine/gearbox case are 3 of those out the window? Or would the cassette gearbox lend itself to the conversion? Or is the whole enchilada considered sealed?
Dagofast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #2528
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I feel like I am in the minority but I felt like Suzuki was bringing a pretty decent bike to the track in 2011.

Looking forward to them being back on the grid.
I'm with you on that. Bautista was doing well on that bike.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #2529
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I think the clock is ticking faster for Ben than it is for Ducati.
I don't disagree. It will be easier to judge once he is healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post
I have a different question: If they have started on the 3rd of 5 engines, how would that affect the introduction of a Yamaha seamless gearbox? Since motorcycles use a "combined" engine/gearbox case are 3 of those out the window? Or would the cassette gearbox lend itself to the conversion? Or is the whole enchilada considered sealed?
I believe they are allowed to change the gearbox. If that translates into a seamless gearbox slipping right in or not is a different story.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:59 AM   #2530
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlr View Post
Yes RDP, there were pictures posted from the last test on twitter.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #2531
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
I don't disagree. It will be easier to judge once he is healthy.

I believe they are allowed to change the gearbox. If that translates into a seamless gearbox slipping right in or not is a different story.
Ducati ran into engine allotment issues last year when they wanted to try a spar type frame and none of their allocated engines had the necessary attachment lugs in the castings.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #2532
mdubya
Right Brigade

Honda testing the production Moto GP racer at Motegi. It looks fast. They claim it is faster than expected. I hope that doesn't mean they will try to make it slower.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...v5kMk.facebook
Old 05-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #2533
Pilbara
In the flow...

Oddometer: 1,570
Honda to release $1.2 million motorcycle in late 2013

Yes, that seems like a whole lot of money for a motorcycle, but Honda will unveil a whole new production model by the end of 2013. It's an over-the-counter MotoGP racer with a target price of €1 million (US$1.3 million), and a level of power that will make it competitive in the CRT class of MotoGP in 2014. Oh, and the bike is designed to save money.
Honda Racing Corporation is currently testing the RC213V 1000 cc V4 production bike and will release the bike late this year so teams can prepare for the 2014 FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix MotoGP class. The new model will enable entrants to race competitively in MotoGP at significantly lower cost than is currently the case.

The as-yet-unnamed production bike will be very similar to the RC213V bikes currently ridden by Dani Pedrosa, Marc Marquez, Stefan Bradl and Alvaro Bautista though it will have conventional valve springs (as opposed to pneumatic valve actuation), a conventional gearbox (not a seamless quickshift gearbox), Nissin brakes (not Brembo units) and Showa suspension (not Öhlins).

We're not sure what other changes will be made to differentiate the machine, but the price is substantially reduced in comparison to the bike it's based upon. While the target price of the CRT machine is expected to come in under $1.3 million, the cost of the current bikes made available to satellite teams is $4.5 million a season, and the biggest difference is that at the end of the season, you have to give them back. That price is simply the leasing fee. At least with these production machines you'll have something to show for your money at the end of the season because you actually get to keep them.

"Development of the model is currently a little behind schedule but the test results showed more than what we had expected, in particular, with its running performance," Shuhei Nakamoto, Executive Vice President of Honda Racing Corporation, said over the weekend.

"We can't announce its name or the specification at this stage but we will have an opportunity of announcing the details in the not too distant future. We will keep on developing the machine to meet the 2014 MotoGP technical and sporting regulations, and will introduce the model by the end of this year."

The bike hit the track for the first time last Thursday and Friday at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit in Japan. Honda has stated it is geared up to meet demand regardless, and there will be no limit on the number of the RC213V production machines available for sale.

Interestingly, it is 12 years since Honda sold a production machine designed to race at the highest level. The NSR500V was V-twin 500 cc two-stroke and was ridden successfully by quite a few privateers. In all, Honda sold 22 of the bikes, which scored seven top five placings and a best result of second place.
Pilbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #2534
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
If you're not the author of the article, you should at least post the link: http://www.gizmag.com/honda-million-...orcycle/27670/
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #2535
obnoxious2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post
It's okay if they have cracked open the use of their 3rd engine. They rotate through the engines to give them even wear. Like what they used for one race would be used for practice the next. And vice versa and so with practices, qualifying, race.
obnoxious2 is offline   Reply With Quote