ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #586
ThatGuy
Brownie
 
ThatGuy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Oddometer: 4,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider257 View Post
MOND

On a 2008 r1200gs do you think I will need a CAN-BUS adapter? If so do you have a line on where i may get one?
I picked up one of these: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/5...per-fuse-block
__________________
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #587
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Sorta, red single wire and single switched power wire of a fuseblock. Choices:

-Either cut the red single wire away and rely on the FB's wire only
-Splice red single and FB switched power wire together then into a switched source
- Or both the single red and FB switched power wire are individually spliced into a switched source.

I sounds like #2 is the viable option but I figured I'd ask around.

EDIT: what I did was: took the red switched power wire and connected it to the FB as well. Used the FB's switched power wire and connected it to a switched source. Lights shut down after I turn the bike off.
Thanks for the update.

-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #588
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider257 View Post
MOND

On a 2008 r1200gs do you think I will need a CAN-BUS adapter? If so do you have a line on where i may get one?

Just trying to get everything in line so I can order all at once. I am not running much else besides a phone charger and possiblely a sena charger or two. But would like to add heated gear next winter. Sorry if it sounds dumb, electrics are not my forte.

thanks
BMW owners have had success using the method below:

To avoid the canbus (no adapter required), connect ring terminals (main harness) to the battery and then tap into the small parking light bulb for the switch / relay trigger, or posi-tap the trigger wire to the positive side of the accessory socket.

Its not recommend to tap into the bike's wiring harness or the headlight harness to power the lights directly because if there's any electrical fault with the bike, the dealer will immediately blame you for cutting into the bike's harness.

thanks,
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #589
rider257
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rider257's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 100
Thanks for the info guys. Will be placing a order shortly
rider257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #590
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy
 
EvanADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Joplor, NC
Oddometer: 1,331
Got mine today, can't wait to mount them tomorrow when I have a couple free hours. I did a test hookup with a spare battery and they work. The wiring harness is stupid simple. You guys did a wonderful job there, as you already know from rave reviews.

If I need to fish the lead coming from the light into a small hole through which the connector itself won't fit, would you recommend just cutting, feeding through the hole, then splicing back together to reattach the connector? I'm hoping to find a better place where that won't be necessary, but if I use the mirror perches, I see no other way to get the wire through.

Thanks!
__________________
Current Steeds: '08 FJR1300 | '02 DR650
Former Steeds: '99 DR650 | '02 DR650 | '09 DL650 | '07 B1250
9 states left to ride: WI, MN, ND, SD, UT, OK, KS, AK, and HI.
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner

EvanADV screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 10:07 PM
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #591
John_L
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Bainbridge Island, Washington
Oddometer: 527
Lights mounted to my 990

Got my lights a couple weeks ago. Very impressed with the quick shipping, something like two days after ordering.

Packaging was fantastic, instructions on website clear.

Ran into one snag with what appears to be a malfunctioning switch. Brian had a new one out to me in no time flat.

Haven't had a chance to use them in the dark or get them aligned but just wanted to say Kudo's to MondoMotos for a great looking affordable kit and fantastic customer service.

Here's some pics.

Can see them mounted up under the stem just barely here. Pic from yesterday's ride.



and another closer up. Strange color on lights is from the flash on my iphone due to backlighting.



Wired main harness straight to battery as suggested. Relay and fuse tucked in skid plate.



From there wiring ran up the inside of the tank. I used the little cable clips you get at the hardware store to secure to the inside of the tank. Simply unclip if needing to take the tank off. I've used these clips before and they tend to hold great after cleaning the plastic with rubbing alcohol.



Switched mounted pretty well to the front of the brake lever / mirror mount and although I don't have a picture of it, the rest of the harness tucked nicely up under the speedo area of the dash after being zipped tied.

John_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #592
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy
 
EvanADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Joplor, NC
Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
Got mine today, can't wait to mount them tomorrow when I have a couple free hours. I did a test hookup with a spare battery and they work. The wiring harness is stupid simple. You guys did a wonderful job there, as you already know from rave reviews.

If I need to fish the lead coming from the light into a small hole through which the connector itself won't fit, would you recommend just cutting, feeding through the hole, then splicing back together to reattach the connector? I'm hoping to find a better place where that won't be necessary, but if I use the mirror perches, I see no other way to get the wire through.

Thanks!
I found the perfect(I think) spot on my Bandit 1250. The lower bolt on each side of the radiator brackets. Made sure to route the wires out of harm's way. The harness, as I said before, was great. Jut the right length(s). Popped the switch onto the top of the Brake reservoir.

My only issue is the switch seems it little wonky. Maybe just my version. Gets stuck between on and off very easily.







__________________
Current Steeds: '08 FJR1300 | '02 DR650
Former Steeds: '99 DR650 | '02 DR650 | '09 DL650 | '07 B1250
9 states left to ride: WI, MN, ND, SD, UT, OK, KS, AK, and HI.
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #593
Manray
Killing Time
 
Manray's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: N.A.
Oddometer: 122
MM10's mounted to Triumph Scrambler

Just installed my MM10's this weekend. Apart from having to drill out the included bracket to accommodate an M8 bolt, installation was straightforward. For my bike, the included harness had ample wire leftover which I just bundled up using some zip ties and hid beneath the gas tank.

Much thanks to team at MondoMoto's for setting me up with such affordable auxiliary lights.

Manray screwed with this post 01-22-2014 at 10:58 AM
Manray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #594
Rick G
Ranger Rick
 
Rick G's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Euclid, OH
Oddometer: 1,880
I am considering these for my 2009 Bonneville T100 and mounting them on the forks using the existing fender mounts. Has anyone done this? Any pics?

I have been searching for some aux lights for my Bonnie that aren't too big for a while and these look like what I have been searching for.

Thanks in advance.

Rick G
__________________
Any Road Any Time!
2011 BMW R1200R - The Redhead with Big Jugs I have always wanted!
2009 Vespa GTS Super 250ie - Just for Kicks & Giggles
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:12 AM   #595
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
Got mine today, can't wait to mount them tomorrow when I have a couple free hours. I did a test hookup with a spare battery and they work. The wiring harness is stupid simple. You guys did a wonderful job there, as you already know from rave reviews.

If I need to fish the lead coming from the light into a small hole through which the connector itself won't fit, would you recommend just cutting, feeding through the hole, then splicing back together to reattach the connector? I'm hoping to find a better place where that won't be necessary, but if I use the mirror perches, I see no other way to get the wire through.

Thanks!
Sorry for the late reply, we had gone riding over the long weekend.

I wouldnt recommend cutting the wires unless you have the proper tools/pieces to rejoin them properly. If you do/did cut then be sure the unions are properly shielded from the elements and from each other (shorting/grounding).

thanks,
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #596
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_L View Post
Got my lights a couple weeks ago. Very impressed with the quick shipping, something like two days after ordering.

Packaging was fantastic, instructions on website clear.

Ran into one snag with what appears to be a malfunctioning switch. Brian had a new one out to me in no time flat.

Haven't had a chance to use them in the dark or get them aligned but just wanted to say Kudo's to MondoMotos for a great looking affordable kit and fantastic customer service.

Here's some pics.

Can see them mounted up under the stem just barely here. Pic from yesterday's ride.



and another closer up. Strange color on lights is from the flash on my iphone due to backlighting.



Wired main harness straight to battery as suggested. Relay and fuse tucked in skid plate.



From there wiring ran up the inside of the tank. I used the little cable clips you get at the hardware store to secure to the inside of the tank. Simply unclip if needing to take the tank off. I've used these clips before and they tend to hold great after cleaning the plastic with rubbing alcohol.



Switched mounted pretty well to the front of the brake lever / mirror mount and although I don't have a picture of it, the rest of the harness tucked nicely up under the speedo area of the dash after being zipped tied.

Thanks for posting all the pics and your feedback

-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #597
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
I found the perfect(I think) spot on my Bandit 1250. The lower bolt on each side of the radiator brackets. Made sure to route the wires out of harm's way. The harness, as I said before, was great. Jut the right length(s). Popped the switch onto the top of the Brake reservoir.

My only issue is the switch seems it little wonky. Maybe just my version. Gets stuck between on and off very easily.







Send Kris an email (info@mondomotos.com) and she can get a replacement switch on the way to you.

Thanks for the follow and the pics
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #598
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manray View Post
Just installed my MM10's this weekend. Apart from having to drill out the included bracket to accommodate an M8 bolt, installation was straightforward. For my bike, the included harness had ample wire leftover which I just bundled up using some zip ties and hid beneath the gas tank.

Pictures of the results are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51697550@N03/

Much thanks to team at MondoMoto's for setting me up with such affordable auxiliary lights.
Thanks for the review and the pics.
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #599
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
I am considering these for my 2009 Bonneville T100 and mounting them on the forks using the existing fender mounts. Has anyone done this? Any pics?

I have been searching for some aux lights for my Bonnie that aren't too big for a while and these look like what I have been searching for.

Thanks in advance.

Rick G
Mounting the lights low on the forks is a popular option, I dont have any pics of them on the Bonnie, but I do have them mounted there on my Tiger 800 (as well as a second set up by the headlight).

Thanks,
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #600
eddie98
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: WOODSTOCK, GA
Oddometer: 626
I'm having the same issues as EvanADV, my switch gets stuck in between.

Here are my pics on my strom.





__________________
09 DL 650,08 WR250R
09 KLX250S(gone), 03 R6 (gone)
04 WR 450(gone), 01 EX 250(gone),
06 DL 650(gone) , 89 KLR 650(gone)
eddie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014