Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Victor Ukraine OP
Hard Enduro

Oddometer: 21
Ukraine Carpathian Mountains 5 Days Enduro

Hi everyone,
Here i im starting planning my small adventure in Carpathian Mountains In Ukraine for june 2013
Plan is me and my 3 mates load 4 bikes in my van 2 Ktm 450 and 2 Honda Crf 450 start our trip from England to Ukraine Mukachevo not far from Hungarian border 1500miles, stop in Mukachevo and have rest day or 2 from trip, after that load our bikes with all our gear tent sleeping bag etc, and in to Carpathian Mountains for 5 days.
The plan is to get to Mountain Goverla Highest Mountain in Ukraine and back to Mukachevo in loop so we don't do the same lanes 2 times we looking to do OFF road 90% if possible, the rest 10% on the road for petrol and food purchases hope to do 600-700 kilometres loop in total in 5 days if possible.
We did similar trip in 2011 but we didnt made it to Goverla as we got lost a lot so much so that when we where in middle of nowhere in deep woods we seen Bear, that was the scariest moment of my life and one bike front bearings broke so we lost lots of time, we didnt prepare the route then we just foloved dirt tracks and some times we got to dead ends, some times we gone in loop, and some times we seen Bear
So this time we looking to go a bit more organised and there for im starting this thread in hope to find some help with Gps tracks, map routes, places to see, any info would be big help, anyone who did this adventure in Carpathian Mountains and can share, and hope i don't need to see that bear again

Here is my small video from our 2011 Adventure in Carpathian Mountains

http://youtu.be/umwwDSV4NTA

Thank you Victor
Victor Ukraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
moto rrad
ADV n00b

Oddometer: 85
Hey, Ive got the same idea! Although I was thinking sept rather than june. Hopefully some people will chime in with recommendations - might have better luck if this thread was moved to EMEA, rather than asia. MOD help?
Old 10-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Victor Ukraine OP
Hard Enduro

Oddometer: 21
here is my video from the trip Ukraniak 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NoFS...XtS_UWFJP3aPKA
Victor Ukraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
Comrade Art
Working stiff

Oddometer: 500
Wow, that trail along the mountain top looked amazing!
My wife is half Ukrainian and one of these days I need to visit.
Thanks for posting

"All human beings by nature desire to know" - Aristotle
Comrade Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,341
That sounds like a great trip, I was born in those mountains. I came to the US while still in diapers, but I did go back in '96. Came home and gave my mother a big hug for getting us out of there.

There is an old decrepit castle up there as well as a series of 3 cool old tanks. I'll try to find out the exact location of both.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:45 PM   #6
EKJR
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hi Victor! Massive trip! Movie is very cool and inspiring:) Are you going this year also?
Me and another 2 friends are going on our 250/450s this summer to basically the same Ukraine Carpathians. Im wondering if you have some gps tracks to share?
EKJR is offline   Reply With Quote