User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
Malf OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Kymco Agility 125 Vs Lance PCH 125

I'm trying to decide between these two scooters: Kymco Agility 125 or Lance PCH 125.
I'm told they are very similar (even same price, too). I'll use it in the city.
Any one has any suggestions?
Thanks!
Malf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,321
well i will be a bit biased and say the Agility is tops. it is a tough scooter imo. and great in the city. i am a lane splitting, stop light grand prix fool on mine. WOT most all the time and it keeps going strong all year 'round as i live in a warm weather state

it has storage and all that good stuff. its a basic scooter but the engine has guts for a 125cc. i believe its said to be one of the punchier 125 gy6 based engines around. despite its ceramic coating and four valves (not sure that is accurate) the Lance / SYM engine is reported to be sort of pokey

the Lance? i like its looks, and it certainly looks similar to the Agility. basic, no frills set up. the scooter is actually sold overseas as the SYM SYMply 2. so you can get more info on it. i once read an article from europe that had a full comparo with an Agility, photos and all. can't find it now.

the scoots look as if they rolled off the same assembly line. and for all we know.....who knows!!

SYM SYMply / Lance PCH 125

Kymco Agility 125

DudeClone screwed with this post 05-21-2013 at 04:04 AM
DudeClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:16 AM   #3
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,375
My Agility 125 kicks ass. I abuse that poor thing horribly. It just keeps on ticking. I'm told the best quality in Far East (excluding Japan) scooters are Kymco, Sym, and Genuine. Idk anything about Lance.

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
Bsimon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
I had an Agility before my BV250 and it was great! My wife and I enjoy riding and on our roads it didnt quite get it done comfortably. Riding 1 up - that thing is great if you dont plan on going faster than 50-55
Bsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
Malf OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thanks for your answers!

I'm completely new in this world. We checked the dealers in our area, to listen to what they say and offer, did some research, and finally got down to these two scooters (Kymco Agility 125 and Lance PCH 125).

As I said, we were told that they are pretty much the same - similar power, performance, price, warranty,...

It seems like the Kymco Agility 125 has more followers, but I can't find much info about the Lance PCH 125.

I'm looking for the most reliable one.

Thanks guys!
Malf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
MiniBike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Kymco.
MiniBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
Kymco hands down
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,391
The Kymco Agility is not only one of the fastest 125cc scooters out there, but the quality is unbeatable. It will run forever, and maintain a decent resale value. Lance is highly questionable. They were a poor quality mainland Chinese brand, no better than something like Roketa or Tank. Now they are apparently the distributer (under a different name) of SYM scooters, a high quality Taiwanese brand. They still sell a scooter called the Cali Classic 125, which is supposedly built by SYM. However, I have been unable to verify who actually builds it, or where it is built. Some of the parts do say SYM on them. It may be ok, it may not. But the Agility 125 is a sure thing, you just cannot go wrong with it.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:04 AM   #9
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,321
also have to consider parts supply and warranty claims. i am pretty sure kymco is ahead in this area being they do more business in the U.S. and haven't any distribution issues

some parts can take some time to come in, i am sure. and who knows how long some warranty work can take? but pretty sure they are solid

saw a post or two some time back some guy blew the engine on his Agility 125 at around 2400 miles. dealer checked it and found no evidence of abuse or foul play. believe it was failure at the crank or w/e? but the guy reported his scooter got fixed by kymco, no questions asked. whole new engine but the cases, meticulously assembled at the dealership according to him
Old 05-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #10
tortoise2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 470
Some subtle differences . . the Lance PCH floorboard has a slightly more forward foot position, the more downward key-switch angle is less prone to knee-jabbing, and the front fork shocks have protective rubber gaiters.

"On a side note the kymco agility 125 is a joke. The key sticks so far out the ignition that you lose an inch of knee room. I couldnt sit on it and cant imagine who could.without hitting their knee." . . source

SOME Kymco carbs have the added complexity of a throttle position sensor (TPS) . . #34300 . . discussion.

tortoise2 screwed with this post 05-25-2014 at 06:33 AM
tortoise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
Pilgrim21784
Pilgrim21784

Oddometer: 84
Pete's Cycle, a multiple location dealer in the Baltimore area, shows four "new" '09 Agility 125 units on sale - $999.
http://www.petescycle.com/showcaseproductlist.htm
Pilgrim21784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:22 AM   #12
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim21784 View Post
Pete's Cycle, a multiple location dealer in the Baltimore area, shows four "new" '09 Agility 125 units on sale - $999.
http://www.petescycle.com/showcaseproductlist.htm
Holy Crap!

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #13
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Oddometer: 498
Another possibility

Look for the Eton Sport 150. It is virtually identical to the Symply, comes off the same assembly line in the same factory, has a SYM sticker under the seat, and has a bigger displacement. There are many places where you can legally take a 150 but not a 125. You can find them in the 1500-1700 range.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:49 AM   #14
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,283
I've had my Agility 125 for 5 years now. Love this little scoot. Zero problems, zero issues, zero repairs. It is as reliable as a Honda. 90 mpg and 60 mph. Difficult to beat for bang-for-the-buck and a hoot to ride.
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:54 AM   #15
Birdmove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
I've heard the Agility is a great scooter. But I understand the Agility is made in China and not Taiwan as the rest of the Kymcos are made. Same thing with the Lance scooters. They are made by SYM, but made in China. They use the ceramic coated cylinders that SYM uses. We have a SYM HD200 and a Kymco People 150. I believe the quality of the Agility and the Lance are pretty equal. Both are way better than your run of the mill Chinese made scooters.
Birdmove is offline   Reply With Quote