Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #31
y2blade OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
Booked for TT2014 this morning, going other with a friend as MissB will be busy with new foal.

Now BBQ in the garden, RadioTT on the iPhone, Forum on iPad , webcams on Lappy...beer in hand.

Sorted
y2blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #32
dmcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 544
Yoshinari Matsushita killed in practice tonight.

"43 year old Japanese rider Yoshinari Matsushita lost his life in this evening's TT practice session.
The incident happened at Ballacrye in the North of the Island.
The session was immediately red flagged following the accident.
The following statement was issued on behalf of the Auto Cycle Union:
ACU Events Ltd regrets to announce that Japanese rider Yoshinari Matsushita, 43, was killed during the qualifying session at the 2013 Isle of Man TT Races in an incident at Ballacrye.
Yoshinari, from Saitama in Japan was an experienced racer who first competed at the TT Races in 2009.
As well as competing regularly in the Superstock and Superbike classes he also finished 5th in the 2011 TT Zero for electric bikes. He was also 2008 Motegi Endurance race winner.
The ACU wishes to pass on their deepest sympathy to Yoshinari’s family and friends.
Gary Thompson, MBE, Clerk of the Course, ACU, commented:
“Yoshi was a really popular competitor who had a large number of friends in the TT Races paddock. He was a genuine and friendly character who always had time for everyone. He will be sorely missed.”
The Coroner of Inquests has been informed and an investigation into the circumstances of the accident is underway."

dmcd screwed with this post 05-27-2013 at 02:27 PM
dmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #33
D.T.
Banned

Oddometer: 9,206
Just read about that...
D.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #34
y2blade OP
Beastly Adventurer

I was listening to the practice session when it happened.

Terrible loss, my thoughts are with those left behind.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #35
dmcd
Studly Adventurer

Finished work tonight, of now until Mon 10 June. Getting the ferry midnight Thursday, getting a wee buzz on now :-)
Old 05-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #36
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcd View Post
Finished work tonight, of now until Mon 10 June. Getting the ferry midnight Thursday, getting a wee buzz on now :-)

I'm envious! I have to make it to the TT someday.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #37
y2blade OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
one and a half days at work..then it's IOM TT here I come
Old 05-29-2013, 12:13 AM   #38
y2blade OP
Beastly Adventurer

10 years today big man :(

Gone but never forgotten

Old 05-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #39
y2blade OP
Beastly Adventurer

Here we go, roads closed.....10mins until the superbikes are out.

Steady Away.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #40
dmcd
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2blade View Post
10 years today big man :(

Gone but never forgotten

First rider I ever saw at the TT (2002). Remember the footage of him waving at the helicopter coming down from the Creg. When asked if he had slowed at that point, he said that the road was straight, and the bike was flat out, so he had nothing else to do!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #41
DieLivin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Having a blast in Belfast. From US, so doing a pkg deal. Go ahead and rag me about the snoozebox. Can't wait to get over tmrw am!

Die Livin' from my mobile.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #42
dmcd
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieLivin View Post
Having a blast in Belfast. From US, so doing a pkg deal. Go ahead and rag me about the snoozebox. Can't wait to get over tmrw am!

Die Livin' from my mobile.
Cool, I'm about 20 miles from Belfast, going by Ferry tomorrow night.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #43
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,515
Quote:
Yoshinari Matsushita killed in practice tonight.

"43 year old Japanese rider Yoshinari Matsushita lost his life in this evening's TT practice session.
The incident happened at Ballacrye in the North of the Island.
The session was immediately red flagged following the accident.
The following statement was issued on behalf of the Auto Cycle Union:
ACU Events Ltd regrets to announce that Japanese rider Yoshinari Matsushita, 43, was killed during the qualifying session at the 2013 Isle of Man TT Races in an incident at Ballacrye.
Yoshinari, from Saitama in Japan was an experienced racer who first competed at the TT Races in 2009.
As well as competing regularly in the Superstock and Superbike classes he also finished 5th in the 2011 TT Zero for electric bikes. He was also 2008 Motegi Endurance race winner.

The ACU wishes to pass on their deepest sympathy to Yoshinari’s family and friends.
Gary Thompson, MBE, Clerk of the Course, ACU, commented:
“Yoshi was a really popular competitor who had a large number of friends in the TT Races paddock. He was a genuine and friendly character who always had time for everyone. He will be sorely missed.”
The Coroner of Inquests has been informed and an investigation into the circumstances of the accident is underway."

Sad news. RIP fella.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #44
5 speed
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Update for Wednesday

Well amazingly this Yank somehow made it over to IOM. I was in London for work, pretty much finished up and didnt need to go to the office, couldnt get an earlier flight home without spending $$ so I booked a flight and a hotel room (last one at this hotel) and here I am I am pretty darn stoked even if I only today and tomorrow through 2pm before I need to head to the airport. Let me just say the Island is amazing!!! I am staying on Promenade Row and walked to the Grandstand area. Got there about 45 minutes before they were supposed to start off. Looked around then high tailed it down Bray Hill and got me a choice spot on the fence line mid way down. They started a little late and took a newcomer around then Rain at Ramsey !! I mean, was I not going to get to see anything? There was a big shower there and they delayed until 7:15. It started to rain but no matter the boys took off!! I can say that I have never seen anything like that before. They came flying over the hill and hit another gear at a good 130MPH and the front wheel went toward the sky, downhill The boys have balls of steel.

Having said that, there were more showers, and most pulled into the pits after the first lap. McGuinness said it was so wet you couldnt learn anything about the bike and it just wasnt worth going another lap. He was on the 600 and he said the big bike is what he really needs time on because its 'scarey' and you really need seat time to get it sorted and under control. Interesting comment coming from 'the man'. The interviewed a couple of other guys who said 60% of the track was wet with standing water in some places and you couldnt touch 5th and braking was an issue. Basically they all seem pretty disappointed; all the way through Wed and maybe they have 3 laps total each. The sidecars did more than one lap though, at least some of them and actually a couple of the bikes went more than one.

Well it wasnt much for my first TT but wouldnt trade it for the world. Maybe stars will align and I can make it next year. In any event here are a few pics
Attached Images

5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #45
5 speed
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Another (dont mind the guys jacket the pics were from today)
Attached Images

5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote