ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #2461
Dirty bike
EVal Innovations Inc
 
Dirty bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Ivins, UT
Oddometer: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
Anybody heard anything lately?
Nope. Most of their 'Dealers' don't even have Motus listed or mentioned on their web sites. I did find one CA dealer that has them listed and shows prices for both the MST and MST-R, but only has a stock photo and request a quote.
[http://www.speed-sports.com/2012-Mot...787&fm=1]Speed Sports[/URL]

This one has both Motus and Norton listed, but zero info on either.
RPM Cycle

Although Motus says Spring/Summer deliver for 2013 models, and dealerships are taking reservations, not one of the dealers listed on their web site shows any indication of taking reservations. If the mention Motus at all. One just links back to Motus's web site, with zero other mention of Motus.

Wouldn't you think that if you knew you were getting some bikes, you'd advertise the fact?
Dirty bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #2462
kirb
should be out riding
 
kirb's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Musky, MI
Oddometer: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty bike View Post
Wouldn't you think that if you knew you were getting some bikes, you'd advertise the fact?
Unless the first bikes are already under deposit and will be sold
__________________
A Ducati, some Guzzi, a KTM, and a Excelsior...Indian in resto.
kirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #2463
joexr
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: S.E.
Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
Unless the first bikes are already under deposit and will be sold
They'd still want them to be seen by prospective future buyers. Salesmen are always trying to sell. I hear they're taking deposits for a POSSIBLE 2019 release.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #2464
Speedo66
Transient
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Cin City, OH
Oddometer: 6,142
Haven't been here in a few months, but I see absolutely nothing has changed.
__________________
Oh I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused-E.Costello
'01 Kawasaki W650, '05 Yamaha XT225



Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #2465
viajero
Too old to be a nOOb
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 2,190
I'd wager many prospective buyers have long since tired of waiting for one to show up and have moved on to something else.

Seems to me Motus created publicity too far in advance of a real product.

I still like the concept and wish them success, but I'll never be a buyer at their chosen entry point.
viajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #2466
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Oddometer: 1,736
Ditto that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Haven't been here in a few months, but I see absolutely nothing has changed.
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #2467
BobbyLee666
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BobbyLee666's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty bike View Post
Nope. Most of their 'Dealers' don't even have Motus listed or mentioned on their web sites. I did find one CA dealer that has them listed and shows prices for both the MST and MST-R, but only has a stock photo and request a quote.
[http://www.speed-sports.com/2012-Mot...787&fm=1]Speed Sports[/URL]
Even if it was, would you really spend $31K on this bike?
__________________
The destination is not important, only the ride there...
Current bike: 2003 KLR650; Previous bikes: Several.
BobbyLee666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #2468
kirb
should be out riding
 
kirb's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Musky, MI
Oddometer: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLee666 View Post
Even if it was, would you really spend $31K on this bike?
You? no.
Someone else? yes.
__________________
A Ducati, some Guzzi, a KTM, and a Excelsior...Indian in resto.
kirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #2469
KMC1
There is no spoon.
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Greater SLC
Oddometer: 2,192
__________________
Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q&sns=em

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #2470
kirb
should be out riding
 
kirb's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Musky, MI
Oddometer: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by viajero View Post
I'd wager many prospective buyers have long since tired of waiting for one to show up and have moved on to something else.

Seems to me Motus created publicity too far in advance of a real product.

I still like the concept and wish them success, but I'll never be a buyer at their chosen entry point.
I was a prospective buyer until the prices were posted. I was in for up to $25k. I would still be in if the prices were more my speed as it is was everything I was looking for in a bike at the time.

This 'delay' is nothing. More public updates would be nice. Considering the typical internet keyboard commandos (here included), I am not surprised they are only updating the people who matter. Bystanders are not owed anything.
__________________
A Ducati, some Guzzi, a KTM, and a Excelsior...Indian in resto.
kirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #2471
Randy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Newnan, GA USA
Oddometer: 2,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
I was a prospective buyer until the prices were posted. I was in for up to $25k. I would still be in if the prices were more my speed as it is was everything I was looking for in a bike at the time.

This 'delay' is nothing. More public updates would be nice. Considering the typical internet keyboard commandos (here included), I am not surprised they are only updating the people who matter. Bystanders are not owed anything.

I don't have a dog in this hunt at all, but am I to assume that by "people who matter", you're referring to people that put a deposit down sight unseen? And by extension, "bystanders" would be the rest of the potential buyers that would rather wait for an actual product before buying in with their money?

Perhaps they hit the media blitz too early in their development cycle as an attempt to create interest and secure capital, but in reality, if you want to have a sustainable group of interested buyers, then I'd think you need to be a little more proactive with letting the word out. Seems to me that the silence is allowing interest to wane significantly.

Time will tell I suppose, but history seems to indicate that the market isn't too kind to high end niche market boutique brands.
__________________
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #2472
kirb
should be out riding
 
kirb's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Musky, MI
Oddometer: 1,581
people who matter- deposit holders, investors, prospective dealers, people with actual cash invested (or will be investing)
Bystanders- everyone else

Some of the media blitz last year was to drum up potential dealer support network (that is where the 'tour' stops were). You can also drum up investor capital that way as well.

Now the long, painful EPA and DOT hurdles need to be dealt with. Last update was related to that. Status? No update. I haven't bothered to ask directly as it isn't an issue for me to worry about. Anyone here who would like to know can just email Brian Case through the main website as I did early on.

Interest wane? From who? Anyone who is buying in isn't reading this group for an update.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
I don't have a dog in this hunt at all, but am I to assume that by "people who matter", you're referring to people that put a deposit down sight unseen? And by extension, "bystanders" would be the rest of the potential buyers that would rather wait for an actual product before buying in with their money?

Perhaps they hit the media blitz too early in their development cycle as an attempt to create interest and secure capital, but in reality, if you want to have a sustainable group of interested buyers, then I'd think you need to be a little more proactive with letting the word out. Seems to me that the silence is allowing interest to wane significantly.

Time will tell I suppose, but history seems to indicate that the market isn't too kind to high end niche market boutique brands.
__________________
A Ducati, some Guzzi, a KTM, and a Excelsior...Indian in resto.
kirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #2473
Randy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Newnan, GA USA
Oddometer: 2,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
people who matter- deposit holders, investors, prospective dealers, people with actual cash invested (or will be investing)
Bystanders- everyone else

Some of the media blitz last year was to drum up potential dealer support network (that is where the 'tour' stops were). You can also drum up investor capital that way as well.

Now the long, painful EPA and DOT hurdles need to be dealt with. Last update was related to that. Status? No update. I haven't bothered to ask directly as it isn't an issue for me to worry about. Anyone here who would like to know can just email Brian Case through the main website as I did early on.

Interest wane? From who? Anyone who is buying in isn't reading this group for an update.
I guess you missed my point that you can't "sell" to only your current "clients". If you are to be successful you have to constantly be attempting to find the next "wave" of buyers. Only giving updates to those already invested in your idea does nothing to ensure future sales.

Interest from who? Are we talking a one off item with a one time production run, or a company attempting to enter an already competitive marketplace? Who knows how many potentially interested parties may be waiting in the wings. Without something to keep them interested they are just as likely to assume nothing's going to happen, and just move on with interest elsewhere.

Or, at least that's my way of looking at it...
__________________
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy

Randy screwed with this post 05-28-2013 at 12:18 PM
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #2474
kirb
should be out riding
 
kirb's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Musky, MI
Oddometer: 1,581
The motorcycle mags will be all over this bike when it hits. That will bring enough hype for the target market. Expect the same social media/mag media hype as before. You only need 200-400 sales a year if you believe the mfg targets stated early on (directly from the founders).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
I guess you missed my point that you can't "sell" to only your current "clients"....
__________________
A Ducati, some Guzzi, a KTM, and a Excelsior...Indian in resto.
kirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #2475
Worroll
Studly Adventurer
 
Worroll's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Southern CT
Oddometer: 750
Once the bike actually hits pavement this thread will fire right back up going back in the same circles.

But it would be nice if they at least posted teaser pics of parts being assembled etc, or kept some type of blog going just so people know something is happening down there.
__________________
2011 Sprint GT, 2000 Moto Guzzi Jackal, 1981 Honda CB750F, 1957 BSA Bantam D3 restoration project, Past bikes -2008 Kawasaki KLR650, 1986 Honda Shadow VT1100C, 1998 Honda Shadow Aero VT1100C3, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2006 Kawasaki ZX-14,1980 Yamaha XT500
Worroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014