User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
team ftb OP
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,624
Nuetech Tubliss on larger rear rims

Anyone utilizing the Nuetech Tubliss system on the 2.5" rear rims? If so what was your experience? Miserable failure or some successes?

The system is designed not to go beyond the 2.15" rims of dirt bikes but I know we all push the boundaries at times and wondering if people here have tried them on their SE's and such.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,487
I am keen to know this too, either that or has anyone cracked the code for the perfect spoke sealing by way of RTV etc.

Read plenty of threads on it but interested to hear from anyone who has had it done long term.
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,498
This was posted in Two moto Kiwis other thread asking about Tubliss front systems. Looks like he has used it on 2.5" rears with success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzispete View Post
I've used the tubliss front and rear on my 690 for about a year with no problems. my rims are standard 1.85 front and 2.5 rear. I've tried them with maxxis IT and heidi k60 scouts which both have pretty thick side walls. I also run them with tire sealant and get no leakage except from a little around the high pressure valve when I top up the high pressure bladder.

I must admit I was worried when I first fitted them about running them at high speed and the fact that they are not designed for my rim sizes. After the first 1000 miles of abuse I declared them awesome and I can't see me going back to tubes. I've used my 690 mainly on tough, rocky trails and high speed gravel for the last 4 months and my tires are fucked but my rims are in great shape. The bead of the tire has never moved and I've never noticed a flat

There was a thread earlier that might answer some of your questions here http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560599

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
wilso122
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
This is the reply from jeff at tubliss when I asked. So no it's not designed to work on 2.5 rear rims 950 or 990 se or adv.

Jeff is really helpful.

Quote:
At this time we do not have anything to fit your bike, but we are working on a NEW system - specifically made for ON-ROAD use! With any luck it will be available by the end of this year & would ask that you please check back then if you still have an interest!

950superenduro.com For those who own the best bike!
wilso122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
JTXT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Outex

I had tried using Goop, Seal All, super glue, etc. only to develop a leak a week or month later. I have had great success with the Outex kit and have had it on my wheels for about a year now. The kit was originally developed and used for Supermoto racing. You can get the kit on Ebay, if you don't see the size your looking for just send them and e-mail. The kit is easy to install and even lets you adjust the spokes later if needed.

Here is a link to a video showing the install process -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikKeV...ature=youtu.be
JTXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
team ftb OP
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
This was posted in Two moto Kiwis other thread asking about Tubliss front systems. Looks like he has used it on 2.5" rears with success.

Thanks Brent for the data point. Metaljockey PM'd me and said he has used them on 2.5" rears in combination with using tires with very thick beads to help take up the gap. I know Maxxis has thick beads. A lot of the tires recommended with thick beads are not available in Thailand sadly. May just have to roll the dice and see what happens.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote