User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #466
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,928
XR650L centerstand for sale?

Since CigarMike approves, I'm looking for one for my 2008 XR650L. Just PM and and let me know what you want for it.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #467
MagyarMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
Does any one know if a center stand is made for the Suzuki TU250?
MagyarMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #468
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,518
My center stand has been sold as has Theralbigmans. Time for you guys to talk to Mike again.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #469
thebigman
bout a dollar 3.98

Oddometer: 3,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
My center stand has been sold as has Theralbigmans. Time for you guys to talk to Mike again.

Yep .........Gone .

And I wanna Thank You Mike ,

for letting me post mine for sale in your Thread .

08 xr650l ,99 xr650l, 10 HDXR1200X ,84atc200s 85atc200s, 80ct110 ,99xr70, 04xr650l ,

Dumb ass people do dumb ass things
thebigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #470
Boojum
I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbigman View Post
Yep .........Gone .

And I wanna Thank You Mike ,

for letting me post mine for sale in your Thread .

YEP,................... Me too!

Boojum
Boojum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #471
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer: 1,453
Sorry

The thanks go to you guys for helping out.

A lot going on here in Colorado, just watch the news. My time is spent working on things that are more important to me than stands right now. I will do my best to start getting some out. The list is pretty long now. It may take a while to make a dent in it.

I better hurry before there is no off road riding. It is under attack here in Colorado and I believe it is likely to happen here very soon. We have put into office those that hate our use of public lands at both State and Federal levels. I am afraid the only reason it has not happened yet is that they need to disarm us before U.N. Agenda 21 can be put into place.

Cheers for Colofornia,

Mike
Old 03-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #472
stnick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Cigar Mike Center Stand Problems

I just got my stand installed and it raises the front wheel off the ground, not the rear! It also hits the OEM side stand on the way up/retracted. And you can not put the center stand down without putting the side stand down and that means your ankle gets squeezed between the center stand and the side stand... ouch. I didnt get any instructions but it looks like a simple 2 bolt install.

can anyone help with this because as it "stands" LOL this thing is no use to me... I need the rear wheel lifted for service and repair not the front.

Thanks,
Nick
stnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #473
stnick
Adventurer

Paging Cigar Mike

Mike please reply to my PM's and phone calls regarding problems with your XR650L center stand I just bought. If anyone knows a better way for me to contact Mike, please speak up.

Thanks,

Nick
Old 03-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #474
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnick View Post
Mike please reply to my PM's and phone calls regarding problems with your XR650L center stand I just bought. If anyone knows a better way for me to contact Mike, please speak up.

Thanks,

Nick
Nick, I just answered your email. Sorry, but I don't check my business emaill account everyday or ADV. The side stand will bump up against the centerstand when retracted. Yes, you do need to have the side stand down when deploying and retracting the centerstand. It is possible that I got the balance off on that stand. If you have bags on the rear with any weight in them the bike will sit on the rear wheel. Mine does when I am loaded up.

I will see about getting a stand to replace that one and exchange it. In the mean time can you place a little weight on the front of yours for servicing? When mine is loaded, usually the weight of my jacket and helmet will tip it on the front.

Sorry about that.

Mike
Old 05-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #475
stnick
Adventurer

Cigar Mike All Smoke

I bought a brand new stand with Mikes permission (LMAO) from another inmate and it is a 10lb POS! It raises the front wheel and firmly plants the rear wheel. Mike has jerked me around since March promising tp send me another to make it right... just read the emails in his words.... I just finished Tour de Tellico and my front wheel stand was a big hit!!! Mike offered to pay me far less than I paid another inmate for it plus me ship it to him... he also told me to install and use it while he built me a new one... now he's just flaked out on me all together... so I'd have to sell it as used and suffer even more loss$$$$
Dont even come back with what a good guy Cigar is... I wanted to believe it too but he offered to make his hand made stand right and then blew me off over 10 weeks time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike View Post
Nick, I just answered your email. Sorry, but I don't check my business emaill account everyday or ADV. The side stand will bump up against the centerstand when retracted. Yes, you do need to have the side stand down when deploying and retracting the centerstand. It is possible that I got the balance off on that stand. If you have bags on the rear with any weight in them the bike will sit on the rear wheel. Mine does when I am loaded up.

I will see about getting a stand to replace that one and exchange it. In the mean time can you place a little weight on the front of yours for servicing? When mine is loaded, usually the weight of my jacket and helmet will tip it on the front.

Sorry about that.

Mike
Old 05-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #476
thebigman
bout a dollar 3.98

Quote:
I bought a brand new stand with Mikes permission (LMAO) from another inmate and it is a 10lb POS! It raises the front wheel and firmly plants the rear wheel. Mike has jerked me around since March promising tp send me another to make it right... just read the emails in his words.... I just finished Tour de Tellico and my front wheel stand was a big hit!!! Mike offered to pay me far less than I paid another inmate for it plus me ship it to him... he also told me to install and use it while he built me a new one... now he's just flaked out on me all together... so I'd have to sell it as used and suffer even more loss$$$$
Dont even come back with what a good guy Cigar is... I wanted to believe it too but he offered to make his hand made stand right and then blew me off over 10 weeks time.

Hey ST whats going on Brutha

Fuck The Fuck Off .

Get Fucking Lost Man .

You've done nothing but Fucking Complain the last Year .

Get Fucking Lost .

08 xr650l ,99 xr650l, 10 HDXR1200X ,84atc200s 85atc200s, 80ct110 ,99xr70, 04xr650l ,

Old 05-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #477
stnick
Adventurer

Felcher

How impressive you are with your vocabulary! Try to get a friend, definitely not a blood family member, read you the correspondence I referenced regarding how Cigar Mike promised to replace my stand and did not. Maybe then you'll see who is really the whining little bitch in this thread. BTW, you have no dog in this fight... are you upset because your marriage is on the rocks, finally coming to terms with your homosexuality??? You're a novice LOSER!

Quote:
Hey ST whats going on Brutha

Fuck The Fuck Off .

Get Fucking Lost Man .

You've done nothing but Fucking Complain the last Year .

Get Fucking Lost .
Old 05-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #478
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Puke

Quote:
I explained to you that I did not have time right now. I am busy with other things. Because of this I offered to pay you the price that I sell the stand for to ADV inmates. I also explained to you that since I did not sell the stand to you I had no obligation to do anything. I have stopped building stands for now and I do not know if I will build more for sale. I never thought there would be the demand for the stands that there has been. It was taking too much time to meet the demand. This is just a hobby for me that allowed me to provide something no one else had. I will build one more for you if you still want it. It does not sound like you do. As you can see, I could care less about a negative report on me our my stands.

Listen up everyone. Cigar Mike's Centerstands suck! Don't try to order one, please.

Mike
Old 05-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #479
thebigman
bout a dollar 3.98

Fuck him , go enjoy yourself and enjoy full retirement .

1 out of how many ? aint bad in my book .

Old 06-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #480
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Quote:
Fuck him , go enjoy yourself and enjoy full retirement .

1 out of how many ? aint bad in my book .
I would like to make the stand right. I have packed all of my tools up and I am using my huge 10'x11' shop to store other items. Once I move everything out to make one more stand I will try and make a few more. I liked making them but the time it takes is just not there right now. I spend a lot of time with my two grandsons and the time I take to make stands cuts into that. With the mild winter this year in the Denver area I had more time to do other things and the stands took a back seat.

It is not his fault the stand is not right. It is mine and if I had sold him the stand I would be happy to provide a full refund for the stand if he did not want it, less shipping. If a stand is faulty my policy is a full refund plus shipping or I will try and correct it. But I will not pay for what he spent to buy it from someone else. I would make a refund based on the orignal purchase order though, if I knew the orginal customers name and pull the reciept from my records. The money is not a problem.

Mike