Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #16
Bubba Bauer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Sorry it's not what you asked but if you didn't make up your mind yet try shark helmets really comfy and the safest helmets at the moment IMHO and a lot of tests says the same and they are very well priced too.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #17
squish
Out of the office.

Oddometer: 6,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by letterofmarque View Post
Thanks for the thoughts. I got the Shoei and I'm trying to decide if I should keep it. I wore it inside my house for a little bit this weekend and while it wasn't uncomfortable, there was a red mark on my forehead when I took it off. I'm trying to figure out if that means it will cause problems if I wear it for longer time periods.
Yes if it hurts with a red spot now it will only be worse the longer you wear it.
I would say that model, size helmet doesn't fit your head. Look at some of their other models and you might find one that does. I wouldn't recommend it but I know riders with hard to fit head who have crushed the foam where they have a hot spot like that.

Me I would rather have a lid that fits right.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #18
letterofmarque OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
That's the weird part, didn't really hurt my head, but I noticed a large red mark. I guess I'll return and try for something with a more narrow fit.

Thanks!
letterofmarque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #19
socalmoe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Hjc

The RPHA line is light and at a good price point.
socalmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #20
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,607
But the Icons have some sick graphics... like mine. I saw this and had to have it for... personal reasons. Ive got a thing about the apocalypse/ Four horsemen. (I've also crashed in an icon before with a helmet hit and was fine *twitch*)

It fits my head great and really isn't too loud, perfectly comfortable for me.
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #21
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenpointsixtwo View Post
I've worn a number of helmets, but have always found Icon to fit the best. I've owned everything in this lineup: the original Mainframe and the Airframe, and am seriously considering the Airmada as an upgraded street helmet once my Airframe's time is up.
I'm reading that the Airmada is a totally different fit than the Airframe and other ICON helmets.

That doesn't bother you?

I'm looking for long oval, or close to it, so I won't consider the rest of ICON's helmet line. (just considering the Airmada)
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #22
byways
byways

Oddometer: 2,144
My Shoei Hornet DS is awesome!
byways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #23
Joey Stalin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I'm reading that the Airmada is a totally different fit than the Airframe and other ICON helmets.

That doesn't bother you?

I'm looking for long oval, or close to it, so I won't consider the rest of ICON's helmet line. (just considering the Airmada)
I've had an Icon Alliance for years now and it is a great helmet. I have what I'm told is a long oval, the only other helmets that fit me are the Arai Signet Q and Bell RS-1 (sorta). My Alliance has been a great helmet, I found it comfortable, quiet, and have had no problems with the plastic degrading.

RE: the point about Icon not making their own stuff. I'd say the majority of retailers work this way. At least in the regular clothing market. Look at that building collapse in Bangladesh a few weeks ago. How many different companies were blamed for buying their clothing from a supplier with such poor working conditions? I remember reading the Teiz thread when they first came around, much talk about "working with suppliers" to get the product right. I was surprised to see a "Made In China" tab on a $1,000 Kilm jacket. I'll be damned if I ever buy a "premium" product that's made in China. For that price you're telling me they couldn't afford to pay western workers? BS. I digress. Icon gets a bad rap for being flashy, but they have some good stuff in the mix.
Joey Stalin is offline   Reply With Quote