Oddometer: 7,767
I'm in, too.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #92
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 391
I like these pants, but I have a slightly different type of question. I bought a full set of Bohn armor a few weeks ago, before I saw this thread, and I have to say I love them...but I still have regular jeans on the outside. I wonder if you could or would sell the pants without the armor, or would the price difference be negligible? Has anyone put them over a set of Bohns with the armor in, was it a workable solution or snug?
Old 05-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #93
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chuck View Post
I like these pants, but I have a slightly different type of question. I bought a full set of Bohn armor a few weeks ago, before I saw this thread, and I have to say I love them...but I still have regular jeans on the outside. I wonder if you could or would sell the pants without the armor, or would the price difference be negligible? Has anyone put them over a set of Bohns with the armor in, was it a workable solution or snug?
Hi Ricky Chuck, We unfortunately do not sell the pants without the armor, it's all sold together, we also do not sell the armor separately.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #94
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 391
OK, thx. Worth a shot. Can anyone describe how they fit over Bohn armor, then?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #95
Gruesome
Alter Heizer

Oddometer: 687
Numbers?

Sounds really interesting. Could you tell us a little bit more about the abrasion and burst test results? Do they (TÜV) give you numbers, like, your jeans held up for so and so long in our abrasion test, or something like that? If not, what is the EN-13595 requirement?
It would be nice to replace the leather pants with something less warm for the summer, but I'd like to know how much abrasion resistance I'm actually foregoing by doing that.

And good luck with your enterprise!

Gruesome screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 06:03 AM Reason: EN number
Gruesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:40 AM   #96
Daz the Aussie
Dualsporting Actor

Oddometer: 898
No further report on the jeans except to say they just were'nt for me but Kevin gave me great customer service and refunded all my money back today so they are great to deal with. I wish all the guys at Lean Angle all the best for the future and hope you guys are a massive success.

Daz.

My actor site: www.dazbyard.com
Daz the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #97
mattsz
moto-gurdyist

Oddometer: 129
These jeans are well made, look great, and are comfortable - but I suppose my body just doesn't match the profile, and where others here rave about the fit, like Daz, I guess, I just couldn't make them work.

That said, Kevin bent over backward to help me with information, suggestions, size exchanges, and finally a refund. I have never received better service from any retailer anywhere at any time. I too wish them all the success in the world!
Old 05-30-2013, 05:59 AM   #98
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
For those of you that have had trouble with the fit... can you comment on what the problem was? I.e., too tight in the seat, not enough room in the crotch for my , legs too loose, too baggy in the back... etc.

Maybe compare the fit to a size/style of jean... like "I wear size 32x36 in Levis 559 and couldn't get this or that size to work because..."

Also, anyone with the jeans all ready mind posting glamor shots of you wearing them?
zeeede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #99
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruesome View Post
Sounds really interesting. Could you tell us a little bit more about the abrasion and burst test results? Do they (TÜV) give you numbers, like, your jeans held up for so and so long in our abrasion test, or something like that? If not, what is the EN-13595 requirement?
It would be nice to replace the leather pants with something less warm for the summer, but I'd like to know how much abrasion resistance I'm actually foregoing by doing that.

And good luck with your enterprise!
Yes, TÜV did provide us with numbers, but that is something we have been advised not to share with the general public for competitive reasons. The main focus on the jeans was the protection factor, and it took us quite a bit of time to come up with our liner technology. What I can say is that under the abrasion tests, they lasted over 7 seconds, which falls under the CE EN 13595-2 Level 2 which is the highest rating under the standards.

What does this mean?
Under EN 13595-2 Level 2 - The garment zones 1 and 2 (the most affected while wearing the garment) must hold out for a minimum of 7 seconds.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #100
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz the Aussie View Post
No further report on the jeans except to say they just were'nt for me but Kevin gave me great customer service and refunded all my money back today so they are great to deal with. I wish all the guys at Lean Angle all the best for the future and hope you guys are a massive success.

Daz.
Thanks Daz, glad you got to check them out Thanks again for the best wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsz View Post
These jeans are well made, look great, and are comfortable - but I suppose my body just doesn't match the profile, and where others here rave about the fit, like Daz, I guess, I just couldn't make them work.

That said, Kevin bent over backward to help me with information, suggestions, size exchanges, and finally a refund. I have never received better service from any retailer anywhere at any time. I too wish them all the success in the world!
Thanks again Matt, we appreciate your feedback, sorry they were not the right fit for you. As many of you know, people come in all shapes and sizes, and some garments brands fit some properly and not so much for others. We will continue to expand our line as time progresses, so utilizing the feedback we have received from all our buyers (and thanks for the feedback fellow inmates, greatly appreciate it) we will continue making enhancements and continue to develop our brand.

And with that, I conclude that tomorrow is the final day of our sale. Our website will be launched, and our partners will move forward with retail sales. We will be promoting our retailers and also selling our products through our website, and you can always PM or e-mail me (info@leananglejeans.com) with any questions.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #101
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsz View Post
I suppose my body just doesn't match the profile
Can you give us a generalization of your body type, ie big/tall, fat, skinny or what. Not asking for details you don't want to give, but I fall into the fat category and am curious about fit in that regard. I bought some similar type jeans not too long ago and the rise in the waist did not fit my body style very good.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #102
mattsz
moto-gurdyist

Oddometer: 129
Tall and skinny. All legs. No gut, and no ass. Too many details?

The jeans felt great without the armor - they are a bit lower rise than I'm used to, but not by much.

With the hip armor installed, they didn't sit right on my waist. As for the knee armor: when I sit, for some reason the legs on all my trousers ride up. A lot. More than is normal for most people, apparently. This caused problems with the knee armor position.

I really wanted them to work - I liked them! But I just have trouble with clothes...
Old 05-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #103
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,894
Add me to the list of riders that wasn't crazy about the fit, but was impressed with Kevin's customer service skills.

I really think he's on to something here. this is a really well made product, for me let down by a few issues:
-I'm not crazy about the low rise waist.
-There's a funny "pooch" in the front between the two pockets
-The level 1 forcefield armor is great and comfortable, but its flat and doesn't wrap around to the side of the knee, leaving it fully exposed if sliding on your side.

All in all, these really are a step above anything else out there, and as mentioned, Kevin is really on the ball, patient, respectful and seems to genuinely want to satisfy the customer.

I look forward to seeing what else is in the pike from Lean Angle!
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #104
hetman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
There's only one CE level for knee armor, isn't there? I thought level 2 was only for back armor. That said, I do wish more companies would wrap around the knee like BMW's NP stuff.

I ordered a pair of the jeans also; can't wait to check them out. Low rise is okay; that's been the hip style for a while, so it'll blend in well.
hetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #105
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,308
Got my replacement jeans today and . . .

THEY FIT!!

Here's my fitting advice: If you wear a "Relaxed" or "Loose" fit jean, go a size up in the waist. If you wear 501's, get the same size. I wear a 36 x 34 Levi's 559 and this pair of Lean Angle Jeans fits great.

What's funky is this: I originally ordered a pair of 36 x 34 jeans. Kevin said that, due to a mix up somewhere along the line, I would receive jeans with a 34 x 34 tag, but they would be sized like my 36 x 34. Nope. Thanks to Kevin's awesome customer service, four business days later, I have a replacement pair. The tag in these says 36 x 34 and, for me, that's what size they are.

Can't wait to get out and ride in these jeans!
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote