User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #1
Ramv OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Ambient Temp Gauge

Reading the manual for 2012 A-R yesterday and noticed it had an ambient temperature guage. Do all the 990 Adventures have this feature? Oddly enough, that and the gear indicator are the only things I really think are cool with all the Ducati's whiz-bang electronics.

'07 Super Enduro 950
'96 KLX250R - kind of street legal
Ramv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramv View Post
Reading the manual for 2012 A-R yesterday and noticed it had an ambient temperature guage. Do all the 990 Adventures have this feature? Oddly enough, that and the gear indicator are the only things I really think are cool with all the Ducati's whiz-bang electronics.
Yes. For the FI. It does not have a dash read out.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
Norco
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Not sure when it started as far as model year (my 2010 has it), but yes it has a dash readout. Just hit mode until it shows the outside temp, nice thing is a little snow flake image pops up above it when it hits freezing to indicate possible ice. Kind of neat. On a side note, watch how it is attached to the brake lines under the headlight as it will break the tip off as happened to me (pic below). A new one is $12.00 but a simple zip tie re-route would prevent it, although it was still functional after the tip breaking. Hope this helps.

Norco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 624
Thanks for this picture. I discovered that short little "cable" and what looked like it had been "cut off" just about two weeks ago and was curious what it was. Mine had slipped out of the cable tie and was just dangling there, much like how yours looks in the photo. I didn't know it is supposed to have some sort of end cap (assuming that's what you're holding in your fingers)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norco View Post
On a side note, watch how it is attached to the brake lines under the headlight as it will break the tip off as happened to me (pic below). A new one is $12.00 but a simple zip tie re-route would prevent it, although it was still functional after the tip breaking. Hope this helps.

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
Masa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
On a side note, watch how it is attached to the brake lines under the headlight as it will break the tip off as happened to me (pic below).
Same here, but it's working fine so I just zip tied it.
Masa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
Norco
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraJeep View Post
Thanks for this picture. I discovered that short little "cable" and what looked like it had been "cut off" just about two weeks ago and was curious what it was. Mine had slipped out of the cable tie and was just dangling there, much like how yours looks in the photo. I didn't know it is supposed to have some sort of end cap (assuming that's what you're holding in your fingers)?
Yes the little cap is what broke on mine. As the other post stated above, it still works just my OCD made me order a "perfect" new part.
Norco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #7
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 624
As I stated, at the time I had no idea what that "cable" was for and my temperature gauge never stopped working, so I just put a new tie on to hold it in place. On a ride a couple of weeks ago, I saw another 990 (same year as mine) and checked to see if it had that "cut" cable and it did, so I simply assumed it wss normal and forgot about it. If it decides to quit someday, I will now know where it is and will buy a new part.

Quote:
Yes the little cap is what broke on mine. As the other post stated above, it still works just my OCD made me order a "perfect" new part.

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:24 AM   #8
Skinner
Mr.KTM

Oddometer: 5,562
My new 990 Baja ambient temperature gauge sows nothing? Anything I need to do to activate it?

You recognize your friends by the sound of their mufflers.
http://www.meetup.com/Chicagoland-Du...torcycle-Club/
www.jimstarwaltteam.com
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote