User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
Skullsucker OP
Martin

Oddometer: 54
New 950 Owner Rear Trunk Question

Hello all hope riding has been good. I am now a proud owner of a 06 950 Adventure! I am super excited but I have a quick question and I apologize if there is a thread for this but I am not having luck finding it through a search.

I currently have the Gobi side bags and am looking to get a top bag. I was wondering if the KTM or Gobi bags will fit a helmet? If not who makes one that will?

Thanks in advance!
Martin
We want to be free! We want to be free to do what we want to do! We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man. And we want to get loaded. And we want to have a good time! And that’s what we’re gonna do. We’re gonna have a good time. We’re gonna have a party!
Skullsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,128
I wear an XL and it fits in my Gobi Top Box okay.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Skullsucker OP
Martin

Perfect thanks much!
We want to be free! We want to be free to do what we want to do! We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man. And we want to get loaded. And we want to have a good time! And that’s what we’re gonna do. We’re gonna have a good time. We’re gonna have a party!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:29 AM   #4
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,587
As for others, the 34L Caribou will also fit a helmet.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:51 AM   #5
Bob59601
Bob59601

Oddometer: 60
I have the KTM top box which I believe is the same as the Gobi. My XL Arai Profile barely fits after slight modification of the interior top with a heat gun. Uh modification of the box NOT the helmet.....

"When riding my old Harley a ninety per at midnight down the Via Roma in Naples, I kept one consolation firmly in mind: If anything goes wrong, I'll never have time to regret it." -Edward Abbey
Bob59601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Skullsucker OP
Martin

Thanks for the answers, I picked myself up a Hepco-Becker with bracket for $100. Not the same bag as the stock ones but it is bigger and I will only use it when touring so I am good with it not looking the same.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #7
Keep Moving
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob59601 View Post
I have the KTM top box which I believe is the same as the Gobi. My XL Arai Profile barely fits after slight modification of the interior top with a heat gun. Uh modification of the box NOT the helmet.....
There's the answer. I was going to tackle the inner lid with a hole saw. Much more elegant solution.

Thanks!
Keep Moving is offline   Reply With Quote