ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
Grog OP
Old Bastard
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Hills (little ones) Perth, Australia
Oddometer: 114
990 R Disc Replacement

All three discs on my 990 R (09) are buggered (loose).

Looking at the EBC replacement (non wave, non ABS).

EBC MD6298D
EBC MD6299D

Can anyone who has replaced their discs with these give me an update on their performance.

Search on previous threats indicates there may be a problem with excessive rust after they get wet.

Thanks

Grog
__________________
Your ride is in your helmet!
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
gefr
Life is a trip
 
gefr's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: East Med, Greece
Oddometer: 3,731
I would suggest trying to fix the rivets with a vice.

Someone in here corrected the rivets' looseness with a vice. I would try that before searching for new brake discs.
Cheers.
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #3
Grog OP
Old Bastard
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Hills (little ones) Perth, Australia
Oddometer: 114
G,day gefr

Thanks for your reply mate.

These discs are not just loose, they're lucky to be still gripping the disc carriers......

New ones for sure!

Grog
__________________
Your ride is in your helmet!

Grog screwed with this post 05-29-2013 at 08:12 AM
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:54 AM   #4
Yascher
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Yascher's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Oddometer: 388
Same thing!
Rivets are fine, just carriers are way too soft and open up the holes for rivets
Yascher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
Grog OP
Old Bastard
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Hills (little ones) Perth, Australia
Oddometer: 114
???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
All three discs on my 990 R (09) are buggered (loose).

Looking at the EBC replacement (non wave, non ABS).

EBC MD6298D
EBC MD6299D

Can anyone who has replaced their discs with these give me an update on their performance.

Search on previous threats indicates there may be a problem with excessive rust after they get wet.

Thanks

Grog
Surely there is someone out there running EBC discs on their 990?

Grog
__________________
Your ride is in your helmet!
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:11 AM   #6
mipp
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Surely there is someone out there running EBC discs on their 990?

Grog
Have EBC on my rims. Have driven 2500km with them and they work fine. The quality seems to be good. The only thing that was not good with the discs was the center screw holes do not really sued the hub bolt holes. Had to drill them out a bit so it would fit.


/ Micke
mipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:19 AM   #7
mipp
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Oddometer: 11
EBC disc.


mipp screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 05:29 AM
mipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:44 AM   #8
rossguzzi
990 Adv.
 
rossguzzi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Bottom left hand side of OZ
Oddometer: 785
What`s all the white stuff ? Been riding thru cotton feilds?
Never seen it before.

Grog, When I was looking for some discs for my 950 I was considering some chinesse ones from ebay. I suprise my self for even saying this, but after some research, it seems they can be ok. Just a sugestion.
rossguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:48 AM   #9
Grog OP
Old Bastard
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Hills (little ones) Perth, Australia
Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mipp View Post
Have EBC on my rims. Have driven 2500km with them and they work fine. The quality seems to be good. The only thing that was not good with the discs was the center screw holes do not really sued the hub bolt holes. Had to drill them out a bit so it would fit.


/ Micke

G,day Micke

Were the centres of the carrier holes correct and you only had to enlarge the diameter of the holes, or were the centres out of alightment with the carrier holes.....

Also another thread refers to an inmate having problems with rust on the discs, have you had that problem?

Thanks for your reply.

Grog
__________________
Your ride is in your helmet!
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #10
mipp
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossguzzi View Post
What`s all the white stuff ? Been riding thru cotton feilds?
Never seen it before.

Snow. Winter in Sweden.
In this photo I been driving on a road with 30cm to 50cm snow on the road.
mipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #11
mipp
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
G,day Micke

Were the centres of the carrier holes correct and you only had to enlarge the diameter of the holes, or were the centres out of alightment with the carrier holes.....

Also another thread refers to an inmate having problems with rust on the discs, have you had that problem?

Thanks for your reply.

Grog
Just enlarge diameter of the holes on 2 or 3 holes. Not much to take away so the screws would fit.

A little bit of rust did I have on them. As U see in the picture with much snow and then put the bike in the garage. In summer time no problem.

/ Micke
mipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014