User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #16
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
Thanks for the info guys, another inmate and myself are trying to cajole each other into coming out from Colorado for the event. I don't think either of us care about points. I just want to get past qualifying as GP style MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is.
Buck up, Buckeroo! If you try hard enough, you can fail spectacularly at anything!
cross-country is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #17
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
Buck up, Buckeroo! If you try hard enough, you can fail spectacularly at anything!
hell, Id be cool with mild failure
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #18
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
Always tough talk from the peanut gallery.

So we're a go then?

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #19
cross-country

Quote:
Always tough talk from the peanut gallery.

So we're a go then?
You know I'd love to, but I still havn't ridden since my shoulder failed spectacularly. I'm also supposed to do a tough mudder that weekend, and it looks hard, and.........

Let me know how it goes!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #20
gbpdogr
n00b

Oddometer: 5
2013 Last Dog Standing

Well, its good to read your interest regarding the Last Dog Standing! Let me try and clear up a couple things for you.

Really, its not a thrash on the bike unless you cannot control it. However, I will admit it can be hard on the clutch! You really have to look at the event as a physical challenge of you abilities as a dirt bike rider. Have fun with it! Everyone that has done it has stories for a life time! Finishing! Ya, out of over 100+ entries, 5 actually finished the event in 2012! Of course if you had all day you could probably take your time and finish it, but, based on events and timing, it becomes more of a challenge. Did you know we had 3 women last year! They teamed up and did awesome helping each other out. There is no help except from entered riders still on the course! Their inspiration have led the Prairie Dogs to offer a Team Class for 2013! Yep, grab a partner - each on their own bike and help each other through! You must be within 1 minute of your partner at each check. A true TEAM effort!

Qualifying - is the same as 2012. We have 30 minute GP format qualifier the day of the event (usually 3-4 start gates). The purpose is to take the fastest people and move them up in the start of LDS round 1. In LDS round 1,2 and 3, it is 2 racers at a time leave the gate 30-60 seconds before/after the next pair (transponder timed event). However, to qualify for round 1, you just have to finish the Qualifier, and your in LDS 1! Timed event for each round within a certain time of the 1st place finisher gets you to the next LDS round...

Hopefully that answers some of your questions, let me know if you need more! Oh, this year Lucas Oil will be filming. And, we are working hard for live internet feeds from cameras positioned in area's you cannot get to as a spectator! That's some of the real fun stuff!

So, the women informed me they will be back in 2013! The question is now will some of you skeptics now through your hat it to see how far you make it! Fitness and Hydration are important. Save he beer for post bench racing!

Entry Flyer is available - print and mail!
http://www.prairiedogsmc.com/2013_LDS_Flyer.pdf

See you there!
Prairie Dogs
gbpdogr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #21
gbpdogr
n00b

Last Dog Standing Update

After walking through the pits at the Vegas 2013 Endurocross opener this morning we got some verbal commitments from: Graffunder, Abbot, Gerston, Kiefer, and Redmond! Many of these have ridden either the first or second annual LDS event! We are excited to have them back again for the challenge and best of luck to them tonight!

Prairie Dogs
www.prairiedogsmc.com "LAST DOG STANDING"
www.facebook.com/PDLDS
Old 05-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #22
gbpdogr
n00b

Some Top Riders Committing to LDS

Well, upon a leisurely stroll through the pits today at the opener of the 2013 Endurocross series in Las Vegas, several top riders appear to be excited and committed to the 2013 Last Dog Standing event! We expect more to follow but as of this report:

Graffunder
Abbot
Redmond
Gerston
Robert
Kiefer

We are also reaching out to the Female racers of Endurocross!

More update to follow...

PDMC
www.facebook.com/PDLDS
Entry Form online at: www.PrairieDogsMC.com "Last Dog Standing"
Old 05-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #23
cross-country

Stoked, there is a gang of us from Colorado going.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #24
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Mailed in my entry yesterday. Headed out there with cross-country and and thump_co.

Should be a good introduction to dirt bike racing, it had to happen sometime.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #25
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Should be a good introduction to dirt bike racing, it had to happen sometime.
INTRODUCTION to racing!?

What are you USED to riding?!!
Quote:
Old 05-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #26
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
INTRODUCTION to racing!?

What are you USED to riding?!!
Dumb shit, lots and lots of dumb shit.

I'm planning on DNF'ing just like everyone else

Old 05-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #27
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Dumb shit, lots and lots of dumb shit.

I'm planning on DNF'ing just like everyone else
well your quote on my sig line is one of my favorites of all time - so keep it up!

Id like to sign up and attempt to make it into the main event but the reality of it is that I would put EVERYTHING I have into trying to get to the main event so if I made it, I wouldnt be able to DO the main event.....that and in all honesty I doubt I would even make the cut.

it would be fun though!
Quote:
Old 05-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #28
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
Id like to sign up and attempt to make it into the main event but the reality of it is that I would put EVERYTHING I have into trying to get to the main event so if I made it, I wouldnt be able to DO the main event.....that and in all honesty I doubt I would even make the cut.

it would be fun though!
Only one way to find out

It is nerve wracking not knowing what to expect other than the videos and pictures, but i'm in shape, riding as good as ever, bike is new and somewhat dialed, and I'll have a huge altitude advantage so why not?

Worst case scenario I can say I tried and it will be a good litmus for if I have any business of going to TKO and KOM, both of which I'd love to try.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #29
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Only one way to find out

It is nerve wracking not knowing what to expect other than the videos and pictures, but i'm in shape, riding as good as ever, bike is new and somewhat dialed, and I'll have a huge altitude advantage so why not?

Worst case scenario I can say I tried and it will be a good litmus for if I have any business of going to TKO and KOM, both of which I'd love to try.
well Im jealous for sure. Ive just never had the time to get into as good of shape as I could be to realize whatever racing potential I have. The wife is six months pregnant and there is going to be a priority shift here for sure soon.....I might get to race a few times a year from now on and we are going to be moving farther away from these racing venues so.... do a power slide for me!

Quote:
Old 05-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #30
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 5,009
Still on the fence for this one, but I may give it a go. I have all my scrapped up shit ready to put back on the bike at a moments notice

Hey Vx, I was just in Durango last weekend visiting my Dad!