Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #121
DaveRMS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durwood View Post
I'll be on my 690 with a pretty basic nav package I just got from Dave at RMS and some additional fuel... no frills here, I'm keeping it simple.
It's gonna be great to ride with you again! It's been too long...
DaveRMS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #122
johnBOYhenson
rallye intern

Oddometer: 205
my bike

i'll be on my TE510 again this year. (might switch over to KTM next year). I'll get the nave kit from RMS, I've already got a large tank, BD head light. Other than that it's stock.... looking forward to it!
Old 06-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #123
DaveRMS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
RMS is running a special offer for Baja Rally de Motos competitors. Save between $75 and $180 on a rally navigation kit. Pro model shown here:

http://www.rallymanagementservices.c...navigation-kit

The offer is for complete kits and is for 2013 Baja Rally de Motos competitors only, limit one per competitor.

Dave
DaveRMS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #124
Bicycle Phil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverms View Post
it's gonna be great to ride with you again! It's been too long...
+1

Thank you: MX1West, Renazco Racing, KTM Twins, Rally Management Services
Bicycle Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #125
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,463
a little trip down cali... that's what I need

View Larger Map
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #126
Durwood
AKA Chinga D

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Phil View Post
+1
Agreed! Looking forward to October. Just need to limit broken bones until then.
Durwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #127
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,786
Dave, I'm going to be hitting you up in a few weeks.

its the wrong bike in every respect. Everything about it is wrong. Wrong engine size (wrong engine, really) Wrong forks, wrong flywheel, wrong carbs, wrong swingarm, probably wrong FD ratio... currently wrong springs and wrong exhaust

But what the hell. I'm gonna compete with you guys on speed and skill, alone? haha! fat chance!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #128
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Dave, I'm going to be hitting you up in a few weeks.

its the wrong bike in every respect. Everything about it is wrong. Wrong engine size (wrong engine, really) Wrong forks, wrong flywheel, wrong carbs, wrong swingarm, probably wrong FD ratio... currently wrong springs and wrong exhaust

But what the hell. I'm gonna compete with you guys on speed and skill, alone? haha! fat chance!

That is what I want to build !!!!!! what year is it ??
Old 06-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #129
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
That is what I want to build !!!!!! what year is it ??
engine: 1972 R60/5 '74 frame.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #130
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

[[/QUOTE]
I want it !!!
I would turn it in to this!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #131
Scotty Breauxman OP
Baja Breaux

Oddometer: 337
El palomar santo tomas to host first baja rally

Press Release HERE

ERENDIRA, BAJA CA, MEXICO-Bajarallymoto.com announced today that the inaugural BAJA RALLY de MOTOS will be staged out of the historically rich Santo Tomas valley at the El PALOMAR resort complex roughly 30 miles south of Ensenada. All pre-rally activities including registration, tech inspection and contingency will take place at the EL PALOMAR campgrounds on Friday October 4th.

“The Santo Tomas Valley is the ideal location for the launch of Baja California’s first ever navigation rally-raid event”, explained rally director Scotty Breauxman, “We have found the most gracious hostess in matriarch Ms. Emma Villarreal and her contagious enthusiasm for this event is proving invaluable as she helps spread the word to the local authorities and tourism officials. We are very lucky to partner with Ms. Villarreal and know we have found a warm friendship with the entire family and staff.”

Registration and technical inspection will begin at 10:00AM inside the EL PALOMAR compound and will continue throughout the day until 6:00PM. The hosts will provide a special dinner for rally participants and their crews immediately following the pre-rally rider’s meeting.

BAJA RALLY participants will officially begin the event on Saturday morning, October 5th and will disembark from the EL PALOMAR complex using only a roadbook (map) without any outside assistance or GPS tracks. The riders will be required to navigate themselves through nearly 150 miles of roads, trails, sand washes and beaches before arriving to the first day’s destination at the El PARAISO Hotel in Colonet, where the rally’s overnight “bivouac” (camp) will be hosted.

The following morning, Sunday October 6th, participants will navigate another 100 miles plus of stages before arriving at the BAJA RALLY finish are in an undisclosed location somewhere near the town of San Quintin. The final reception, awards ceremony and fiesta will take place at the SANTA MARIA Hotel in San Quintin.

Breauxman explained that the unique nature of Baja’s first ever rally event for motorcycles seems to matter to everyone involved. “The fact that we have an off road event specifically for motorcycles eliminates the risk of having motorcycles inter-mixed with powerful trophy trucks and buggies. Equally important is the minimal footprint our 40 riders will leave after the event. Land-owners and government officials have been very accommodating to allow this new and unique event into the beautiful landscapes of the Northern BAJA peninsula.”

Click here for more information about the inaugural BAJA RALLY
Scotty Breauxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #132
EBMOTT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
well i cant race

BUT BET YOUR BUTT I AM GOING DOWN TO WATCH WHAT I CAN. CANT WAIT.
EBMOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #133
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

103 days and counting
Old 06-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #134
Mike_MRS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
This sounds great, I just can't understand the low number of riders limit. Surely putting on an event like this for 30 is pretty much the same as for 150? For a higher number of riders I'd definitely be interested in coming over from the UK and i know there are other guys here who would be interested.
Mike_MRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #135
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,103
That's like saying 10 kids and 100 kids are equally as manageable and as easy as herding cats.
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote