ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #1891
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 890
While we are all waiting for Brainless_1 to edit his video of the ride inmate Ditch has already put one together on the thread http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...6#post21521356.
papa_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #1892
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Here is proof that I was there. I am the one in the white helmet.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #1893
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Back to our regularly scheduled program. I would like to ride on Saturday this weekend. Anyone up for riding Allen's new loop through the glade early in the AM?
Old 05-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #1894
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Oddometer: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappa_j View Post
Back to our regularly scheduled program. I would like to ride on Saturday this weekend. Anyone up for riding Allen's new loop through the glade early in the AM?

How early?

Might be able to make it might not need to get wifes 4 wheeler out to Artic Cat shop cause 4x4 quit sometime last weekend and we may have a wedding to go to at 2
Brainless_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #1895
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless_1 View Post
How early?

Might be able to make it might not need to get wifes 4 wheeler out to Artic Cat shop cause 4x4 quit sometime last weekend and we may have a wedding to go to at 2
Well. I forgot the Xtera off road triathlon was tomorrow. I have not been able to ride Allen's loop in it's entirety yet but tomorrow there will be a lot of bicycle traffic by the turn off. I would still like to give it a try and we could modify the loop a bit. I was planning to try and get started at 8:30 at the south glade entrance, ride clock wise, short circuit the loop with the road apple and then hit the east part of the loop. The triathlon starts at 7:00 so the majority of the traffic will be off the course by the time we make it around and the new part of the loop is too soft for mountain bikers.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #1896
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Tire change.

I have watched Brainless_1 replace tubes on the trail three times so now that it is time to change my tire I figured I would do it myself. Three hours later I had shived myself twice with a tire iron, crushed my pinky, lost all the hair off my right ballsack, and verbally committed to divorcing my wife. Despite all of that, the worst part of the deal is that now my rim looks like it was recovered with the wreckage of the motherfucking titanic. Fucking tires.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #1897
zeroblah
Snot nosed kid

Oddometer: 317
Quote:
I have watched Brainless_1 replace tubes on the trail three times so now that it is time to change my tire I figured I would do it myself. Three hours later I had shived myself twice with a tire iron, crushed my pinky, lost all the hair off my right ballsack, and verbally committed to divorcing my wife. Despite all of that, the worst part of the deal is that now my rim looks like it was recovered with the wreckage of the motherfucking titanic. Fucking tires.
new sig line for me.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #1898
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Well YZ 250 Version 2.0 has begun I now have a bare frame freshly sandblasted ,and split engine cases parts have been ordered and are beginning to trickle in I am going to send the cylinder out for replating at this point once I find someone to get it done.

In other news I made my mind up to sell my KLX 450 and also my Vstrom and quite possibly once I get this YZ all gone through it might be for sale also.

We have made up our minds to look for a toy hauler or cheap RV that can pull a trailer and I am also looking for a newer bike too .Gonna thin out the herd and get something different. The KLR is staying though planning on keeping it till there isnt anything left
Old 06-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #1899
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Who wants to Ride Sunday Early AM Pinion Mesa Area?

New to me bike in the works planning a little road trip saturday to pick it up
Old 06-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #1900
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless_1 View Post
Who wants to Ride Sunday Early AM Pinion Mesa Area?

New to me bike in the works planning a little road trip saturday to pick it up

I am always up for an early sunday trip around the mesa.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #1901
Burro driver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
Quote:
I'm sure watching brainless change a tube was inspirational, but next time I suggest that you skip the part where you use your nut sack!!
Burro driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #1902
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burro driver View Post
I'm sure watching brainless change a tube was inspirational, but next time I suggest that you skip the part where you use your nut sack!!
How else are you supposed to hold the bead on one side of the rim while prying the bead over the rim on the other side? It was either my balls or asking my wife to help. I figured the risk of pinching my balls off was less painful then working with my wife.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #1903
Burro driver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
Quote:
How else are you supposed to hold the bead on one side of the rim while prying the bead over the rim on the other side? It was either my balls or asking my wife to help. I figured the risk of pinching my balls off was less painful then working with my wife.
Good point! Carry on....
Burro driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #1904
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

What time are we riding Sunday? Where are we riding Sunday?
Old 06-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #1905
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Quote:
What time are we riding Sunday? Where are we riding Sunday?

Doug refuses to ride anywhere but pinion mesa .

I would like to be out by 8:30 or nine for a short ride just to get to know the new bike

We are leaving in about 45 min or so to pick the bike up contact me later and I should know more