Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #706
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

Oddometer: 3,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by benwiggin2 View Post
Well it's amazing you were able to source one in town. Make and model number please. . - edit, just saw the picture
The auto shop that I got it from was the only auto shop in a town of about 2000 people, about 6 miles from where the bike broke down. I asked for a pump for a 2006 Civic, he said he didn't have one, but we could go in the back and unbox a few....perfect!!

Remember, that's a 38mm pump, same as the size for Ducatis, and a whole lotta cars. The stock Husky pump size is 30mm, so I was ready for a 38mm pump since I got rid of the 30mm holster 2.5 years ago. If you are running a 30mm pump and you have the white plastic holster, and NO threaded rod, it would be a tough nut to get a 38mm pump body to mount.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #707
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

I wanted to make sure my field test was accurate, so I tested it again with my little pigtail wires, and it's dead alright, it won't make a sound of any kind. The E8213 pump was an almost direct match to the CAcycleworks Ducati pump, the wire spades were a little too skinny but we dealt with that.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #708
mattomoto
2 wheels rule

Oddometer: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJake View Post
I wanted to make sure my field test was accurate, so I tested it again with my little pigtail wires, and it's dead alright, it won't make a sound of any kind. The E8213 pump was an almost direct match to the CAcycleworks Ducati pump, the wire spades were a little too skinny but we dealt with that.
Good work Jake. Maybe cut that old one open and see what gives? Pretty weird though. I had a slow speed spill last summer that killed mine, but not the pump it's self. Knocked one of the hoses off the top of the pump and would not feed the engine. Could hear the pump prime, but no running bike. Took it out and viola, saw the hose disconnected. Fired right up after the fix.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #709
Dago52
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Im considering purchasing a 2010 TE 450 for 4500 from a friend. It has 13 hours and 200 miles so its practically brand new. I will be using the bike for 80% dirt and 20% street. I just want to confirm that this is a decent price and if there are any known problems with this model.

thanks
Old 07-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #710
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago52 View Post
Im considering purchasing a 2010 TE 450 for 4500 from a friend. It has 13 hours and 200 miles so its practically brand new. I will be using the bike for 80% dirt and 20% street. I just want to confirm that this is a decent price and if there are any known problems with this model.

thanks
Decent price. I would haggle, but I am a cheep ass. Mine(08) had farkles low miles and I paid less. It is just my opinion but mileage means a lot more than year.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #711
tooth sleuth
Ozarks Adventurer

Oddometer: 8
go git 'er

Quote:

thanks
Sounds like a good price to me if it really is as cherry as it sounds. I've been using mine probably about the same way (80/20) for 3 yrs now (bought it new) and I have had zero problems w/ it. It's a great bike...wish they still made 'em. When treated well, they're pretty solid, and any problems you do run into, there's a wealth of knowledge on the forums here and in Cafe husky, so you'll be in good company. So what are ya waitin' fer? Go git it an git to ridin. And welcome to the husky brotherhood.
tooth sleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #712
drrags
Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer: 1,813
Decent price. do it!
The last of the great ones.
Quote:

thanks
drrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #713
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

Quote:
thanks
The fuel pump might be varnished somewhat on the inside, with that little use, the bike when hot will stall out and you can tell that its the pump because it will fail to prime when key is turned on when hot or the priming sound will be very labored sounding.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #714
Tachedoutoffroad
Mr. Parrish

Oddometer: 604
Buy mine......

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post21828190
Support your local know-it-all gear guy and give your money to Brian at https://www.atomic-moto.com/
Tachedoutoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #715
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

15,000 mile report
14,000 mile report was on May 9, 2013

Rode today, and discovered a little quirk of this bike: we parked for about 15 mins to drink water and take pics, and as usual, I tend to leave the key ON since my headlight is switched and I usually don't run with the headlight on, and when I started back up, I was backfiring, wouldn't idle, all the same old symptoms I've experienced several times I've had (or thought I had) problems. This time, as I rolled along I pulled in the clutch and switched off the key, then switched it back on, resetting the system, started it up and it ran like a champ the rest of the day. I am gonna make sure I switch off the key every time I stop for a break from now on, something is weird with my CPU.

Bike is running great, did the 15th oil change before the ride, strained the oil and also cut open the filter, didn't see anything alarming, for this bike. Running half Mobil1 15w50 and half Mobil1 0w40. Temp sensor and fan are working reliably, fork has not sprung a leak again, and new Toyota fuel pump is working great. The zip-tied front fender held together fine.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #716
AKASY
Noob

Oddometer: 2,149
TE510 Tank

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913576
Old 08-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #717
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Need info

I am doing a organized ride in a national forest that requires a spark arrestor. I have the original exhaust with an arrestor, but currently I have the arrow installed that is part of the power up kit(?). Anyways I was wondering if this constitutes an arrestor. Please see the picture below.

It looks like a screen that is recessed about 3 inches.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #718
benwiggin2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,039
the arrestor in the factory stock exhaust should have a screen with a circlip.

The same device will fit in the power up arrow.

it's plainly obvious at the very end of the stock exhaust. If you can't see it it must have been removed.
benwiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #719
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwiggin2 View Post
the arrestor in the factory stock exhaust should have a screen with a circlip.

The same device will fit in the power up arrow.

it's plainly obvious at the very end of the stock exhaust. If you can't see it it must have been removed.

Yes I have the arrestor and it is removed from the factory exhaust, but it did not seem to fit in my arrow. Headed out to the garage, I will report back.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #720
benwiggin2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,039
benwiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote