Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #106
SGrider
376 miles to Chicago

Oddometer: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Really? We knew he was going to throw it down in a race, just a matter of when.
I was surprised he did it at that point, he had no chance to catch Lorenzo and was easily in front of Pedrosa. I too figure he will do some crashing during the races this year but to do it so close to the end and not even battling anyone was foolish.
SGrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #107
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
AB just looked like he assumed the track was clear.
First lap, first corner. Reasonable assumption?

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #108
Dexter2811
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
So, if they found AB at fault, they dock him 10 championship points? Big deal, he aint never gonna win it anyway.
Yeah, he's not going to win the championship but he's kinda have a record of this so called racing incidents. Vale ended knock-out, how longs going to take until AB severely injures someone? They could have fined him, threatened to ban him off the season, etc. So he starts thinking, looking, hearing before moving... he's not conscious that he caused the crash, he was blaming Vale about it... that's what I meant with my srsly.

Sent from my LG-E612g using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #109
Lurky-Loo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrider View Post
I was surprised he did it at that point, he had no chance to catch Lorenzo and was easily in front of Pedrosa.
I don't think the gap was ever more than .3 or .4, and sometimes as close .2 after Marquez passed Pedrosa. I'd agree that Marquez should have focused on defending second place, but it wasn't going to happen by cruising -- Pedrosa would have come back at him.

It would have been an interesting ratcheting up of tension in the Repsol garage if Marquez had pipped Pedrosa on a last-lap move.
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #110
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,201
As disappointed as I am with Bautista taking Rossi out, Rossi had already gone backwards 2 positions from the start. VR's chances of finishing ahead of Crutchlow weren't looking very good anyway. Cal is clearly out racing Rossi and he's only 6 points shy of Marquez. It's not unreasonable to think Crutchlow could finish the championship in third place.
I can't believe Yamaha is going to let go of Cal so they can run Smith and Espargaro. The bean counters must be running short of beans.
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #111
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunz View Post
I can't believe Yamaha is going to let go of Cal so they can run Smith and Espargaro. The bean counters must be running short of beans.
Why not?? After all it is SpanishGP oops I mean MotoGP.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #112
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrider View Post
I was surprised he did it at that point, he had no chance to catch Lorenzo and was easily in front of Pedrosa. I too figure he will do some crashing during the races this year but to do it so close to the end and not even battling anyone was foolish.

Newbie impetuousness.
I was thinking early on that he should stop being polite to Dani and go after JLo then if he really wanted to win. He waited too long to go by, and probably felt short on catch-up time so he kept pushing, and I'd have to think his tires were deteriorating.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #113
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter2811 View Post
Yeah, he's not going to win the championship but he's kinda have a record of this so called racing incidents. Vale ended knock-out, how longs going to take until AB severely injures someone? They could have fined him, threatened to ban him off the season, etc. So he starts thinking, looking, hearing before moving... he's not conscious that he caused the crash, he was blaming Vale about it... that's what I meant with my srsly.

Sent from my LG-E612g using Tapatalk 2
Got it. I wish it didn't happen not because I am a Rossi fanboy, shit, i am and i wanted to see him race the guys at the front. A win or a podium would have been great.

On another note, was Cal's brolly girl his wife? She was the best looking umbrella girl of all time.

On yet another note, I think Hector has the same IQ as a bag of rocks. Still with a scar on his eye and fresh from charges of hitting his girlfriend, he makes a punching gesture at the camera, like he is tough.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #114
Jacl-Kampuchea
Booze Merchant

Oddometer: 671
The way Marquez lost it was strange to me, but then, what do I know?

Just seemed like a harmless mild turn. Any chance there was a mechanical failure?
Old 06-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #115
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunz View Post
As disappointed as I am with Bautista taking Rossi out, Rossi had already gone backwards 2 positions from the start. VR's chances of finishing ahead of Crutchlow weren't looking very good anyway
A few years ago a friend who is coached by Rich Oliver was involved in a second corner crash that was back in the pack a bit. I stopped by his pits to check on him and say hi and Rich was talking to him and said something to the effect of "This is why I told you to get your head out of your ass in qualifying and qualify better. You should;t have been in that pack, so it is your fault"
Old 06-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #116
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacl-Kampuchea View Post
The way Marquez lost it was strange to me, but then, what do I know?

Just seemed like a harmless mild turn. Any chance there was a mechanical failure?
Marquez couldn't understand it either. Without pointing the finger at Bridgestone, he said he went through that corner at the same speed and lean angle as before, yet he suddenly lost both wheels. That is code for "WTF is up with these tires?"
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #117
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,559
Spies mentioned in the commentary that the track was warmer then anybody had experience with all weekend. He said that would maybe be a factor. I'm thinking it was in Marquez's case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
Marquez couldn't understand it either. Without pointing the finger at Bridgestone, he said he went through that corner at the same speed and lean angle as before, yet he suddenly lost both wheels. That is code for "WTF is up with these tires?"
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #118
Lurky-Loo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
... he said he went through that corner at the same speed and lean angle as before, yet he suddenly lost both wheels.
Possible little was different, but it's probably not a coincidence it happened after he passed Pedrosa and was trying to go faster.

Seems to me the Marquez elbows-down style, while very fast in good conditions, leaves very little room for error.
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #119
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,144
F##k SpeedTV

F##k SpeedTVl

F##k SpeedTV

F them

They drag NASCRAP programing nearly 1/2 hour into what should have been the Moto2 race coverage then cut off the last 1/3 of the race. Then go back to more roundy round Budweiser, Ernhardt Jr do nothing, Kyle Petty do nothing, fat car left turn 'this is racing?' CRAP

ARRGGHH
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #120
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
F##k SpeedTV

F##k SpeedTVl

F##k SpeedTV

F them

They drag NASCRAP programing nearly 1/2 hour into what should have been the Moto2 race coverage then cut off the last 1/3 of the race. Then go back to more roundy round Budweiser, Ernhardt Jr do nothing, Kyle Petty do nothing, fat car left turn 'this is racing?' CRAP

ARRGGHH
Precisely why many of us on here forked over the money for a video pass. You won't be sorry!
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote