User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #46
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,704
The story will be worth it at least....
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #47
B1KSOLO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
B1KSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #48
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,406
Can't find any decent race day threads or links to live tracking or anything today???? Just Scotty Bro-Man on FBook. So post some here pleeez. Following 303x sportsman Ryan Gutile, hope they get passed safely by the TT's.

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #49
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by snooker View Post
Can't find any decent race day threads or links to live tracking or anything today???? Just Scotty Bro-Man on FBook. So post some here pleeez. Following 303x sportsman Ryan Gutile, hope they get passed safely by the TT's.
According to http://bajasafari.blogspot.com/2013/...ts-monday.html

*The Official Race Tracking Page for this event (BAJA 500 2013) is a matter of behind the scenes drama...the tracking company (IRC) reported to BajaRacingNews.com that GPS tracking for the racers may not be seen by the general public. A big change from previous years. More Later>>>

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #50
AngryShawn
Punchbowl Pooper

Oddometer: 392
http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/sho...ja-500-updates

I'd highly recommend that nobody ever look at baja racing news again, that site is
D-36 AMA #196F - Supermoto USA #47 - BITD #379 - MCMA #430
AngryShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #51
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,747
We finished :). Looks like 2nd in class with a Baja junkyard motor. Lol.

Cracked the rear diff, snap ring popped out of the back of the trans equaling no forward, and the truck ended up on its side. Gotta love Baja.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #52
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone in ensenada and headed north? I am looking for a ride. I'm done with these jackasses. Call me 4355031484

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Old 06-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #53
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Anyone in ensenada and headed north? I am looking for a ride. I'm done with these jackasses. Call me 4355031484

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Sorry, we left Ensenada at 07:00 and was rewarded with a 5 min. wait at the Tecate crossing!!!!

Strong Bad screwed with this post 06-02-2013 at 06:45 PM
Strong Bad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #54
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Tool the bus and walked over. This Baja 500 has been interesting. I think I'll stick with bike teams much less drama.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Old 06-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #55
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Tool the bus and walked over. This Baja 500 has been interesting. I think I'll stick with bike teams much less drama.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
WOW! That must have been really bad to have to leave like that.

Finally got official results this morning, we ended up 3rd in class 10. Kash Vessels had worked his way from a 7th start position to physically leading after going over the summit. Baja pits poured a tank full of hot (100* +) fuel into the car which lead to vapor locking issues taking 45 min to resolve. We were in 6th when Andy Grider got in below Camalu and did a fantastic job of fighting his way back up. After 500 miles of racing the car finishing directly in front and 2 cars finishing directly behind us were all class 10!! Now that is racing!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #56
KZJohn OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
WOW! That must have been really bad to have to leave like that.

Finally got official results this morning, we ended up 3rd in class 10. Kash Vessels had worked his way from a 7th start position to physically leading after going over the summit. Baja pits poured a tank full of hot (100* +) fuel into the car which lead to vapor locking issues taking 45 min to resolve. We were in 6th when Andy Grider got in below Camalu and did a fantastic job of fighting his way back up. After 500 miles of racing the car finishing directly in front and 2 cars finishing directly behind us were all class 10!! Now that is racing!
Glad to hear is went well for you guys. I was talking to Andy in the tech line, your car was the next one behind us.

We had a tough race. Started 2nd in class, was nerfed by 3rd place and lost a place. Re-passed for 2nd and was only 2 minutes behind 1st when we were hit hard from behing by a class 1 with no brakes. Passed 1st place on the highway at KM77 to go into the lead only to find out at BFG pit 1 the the class 1 had busted the rear cage off our car and it was hanging on by 1 tube. We then sat in the pit watching our class go by then watching all the slower classes go by to. 20 min's later we were welded up and back on course then sat at the summit for 1.5 hours watching the slower cars act stupid and get stuck on the hill climbs. Oh! It was hot too! Got the car to Borrego and crawled out. After 17 hours and some major work we won by an hour over 2nd place . This was the roughest Baja race I have ever run. There was carnage everywhere! So now I have a 1st place trophy on a bike and one in a car. Maybe a quad next?

Frog, not all car teams are as disorganized as what you experienced but it sure seems a lot are. That is what seperates the winners from the rest.
Team Hammernutrition/T&S Motorsports
KZJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #57
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by KZJohn View Post
Frog, not all car teams are as disorganized as what you experienced but it sure seems a lot are. That is what seperates the winners from the rest.
So so true
airborndad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #58
AngryShawn
Punchbowl Pooper

Oddometer: 392
Congrats to everyone for starting and finishing safely.
Love to read the race reports, thanks for your posts!

Quote:
Maybe a quad next? .
Noooooooooo
D-36 AMA #196F - Supermoto USA #47 - BITD #379 - MCMA #430
AngryShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #59
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Glad to hear is went well for you guys. I was talking to Andy in the tech line, your car was the next one behind us.

We had a tough race. Started 2nd in class, was nerfed by 3rd place and lost a place. Re-passed for 2nd and was only 2 minutes behind 1st when we were hit hard from behing by a class 1 with no brakes. Passed 1st place on the highway at KM77 to go into the lead only to find out at BFG pit 1 the the class 1 had busted the rear cage off our car and it was hanging on by 1 tube. We then sat in the pit watching our class go by then watching all the slower classes go by to. 20 min's later we were welded up and back on course then sat at the summit for 1.5 hours watching the slower cars act stupid and get stuck on the hill climbs. Oh! It was hot too! Got the car to Borrego and crawled out. After 17 hours and some major work we won by an hour over 2nd place . This was the roughest Baja race I have ever run. There was carnage everywhere! So now I have a 1st place trophy on a bike and one in a car. Maybe a quad next?

Awesome job. I'm glad that someone else says it was rough. I thought it was but couldn't figure out if it was just because i was in a truck.

I was just kidding about the car teams. I've seen plenty of bike teams that were shit shows. Even with all the bs it was still fun and I will always jump at the chance to go to Baja.

Strong bad it was bad. Not only did he loose it over nothing he drove the chase rig like a racecar. If he wasn't the one in the drivers seat on the way home I would have stuck it out. I can deal with shitheads but I would like to make it home to my wife and kids. :)

It does suck because the rest of the team and other driver are really good guys. with some logistic help could probably win a championship. They do well in the US but we all know things are different down here, you can't just wing it... unless you get pissed off and find yourself in ensenada with no ride. But with him as the owner they will continue to have major issues and a very hard time finding crew. They had 10 chasers for the 1000 last year and all said they will never go back as long as he is around.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Old 06-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #60
KZJohn OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryShawn View Post
Congrats to everyone for starting and finishing safely.
Love to read the race reports, thanks for your posts!

Noooooooooo
Funny, thats what my wife said!!!!
Team Hammernutrition/T&S Motorsports
KZJohn is offline   Reply With Quote