ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #121
gnmiller
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
[IMG]IMG00011-20100928-1344.jpg[/IMG]
IBA#23450
MOA
Citibeemers NYC
gnmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #122
R11STEW
ADVrider Wanna-be

Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnmiller View Post
[IMG]IMG00011-20100928-1344.jpg[/IMG]
Fail.....what are you trying to post?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #123
librarian
Helmets Optional

Oddometer: 116
OK, we stopped by there on Saturday and I'm finally putting up the only pics I took. First, if you don't know already, the name is now "Two Wheels of Suches" and it will be open shortly (a couple weeks is the estimate) . The camping will be a little later as they just poured the slab for a new bath house. I'm not all here at the moment (no comments from people who know me ) and I'm not too sure I remember, but I think the names of the ones doing the work there are Skip and Mary. Nice folks!

The outside:

The main room:

The newly redone kitchen:
librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #124
loosesprocket
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
From 5/9/2013, it is looking good and Bill, Mary & Skip are working very hard to get it ready.

loosesprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #125
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,207

Ruined, yes ruined that bridge. Some folks just can't leave well enough alone!

Fido

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #126
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,288
On Saturday June 1st I finally had the chance to ride up to the N. GA mountains. It was the first time this year. I took a combination of paved & unpaved roads up to Suches. I didn't expect Two Wheels of Suches (formarly TWO) to be open but I wanted to check it out and get some pics. The forcast was partly cloudy but as is often the case Suches had it's own weather and was gloomy with light rain/drizzle.

When I got there I saw this:

I I wasn't the only one wanting to check the place out. I saw Bill, the owner and said "I guess your not opening yet." He said We're working on it and plan on serving lunch today. He couldn't say exactly when that would be. He just got his permit to operate the day prior.

So I took some more pics.

The Menu. Bill said they would add to it but wanted to start out simple.

The new 80K bath house. Bill said it would cost 15K to refurbish the old one and it would still be too small.

Upstairs in the Lodge:

Then it was time for lunch. I got lunch ticket #3

The burger and fries were good.

So was the company. It's the same setup as the TWO. You can sit at the same table with a bunch of strangers and get to meet some interesting people.

One more outside shot. It was always depressing to ride by here and see no bikes. Now the world is back to normal

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #127
jimtom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
some will inevitably complain about something. I'm very thankful someone finally reopened one of my favorite places.
jimtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #128
PJFZ1
Who me?

Oddometer: 57
Nice! Glad to see it.. Are they on normal hours now, or was this a test run?
PJFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #129
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFZ1 View Post
Nice! Glad to see it.. Are they on normal hours now, or was this a test run?
They are now open for the season but it will be about another month before the bath house is done. Bill said they will most likely open for lunch Friday through the weekend and breakfast on mornings where there are enough people there to justify it. He will expand the hours if there is enough business to warrant it.

They are just getting going so there will be some bugs to work out before they are really operating "normally". For example, the lodge seemed pretty barren. Bill said they do have a lot of stuff to put on the walls but just haven't had the chance to put it up. He plans on putting a large TV over the fireplace and televising MotoGP and other interesting stuff.

I expect that the place will look much better next time I have the chance to go back there.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #130
mollycbr123
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
I was there Saturday too. A group of us from NC were staying at the High Valley Cabins up 180. Good timing on our part, and good to see one of my favorite places on earth open again. I got a bunch of pics too, but they are just about the same as yours....
mollycbr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #131
R11STEW
ADVrider Wanna-be

Oddometer: 186
I plan on stopping by there on my way to the BMW RA rally - hope to camp there!

Definitely my favorite campground, oh the memories.....
Old 06-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #132
soggysandwich
Banned

Oddometer: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtom View Post
some will inevitably complain about something.
and THAT is a crime?....maybe in Obama's new world order,,, but not the one I FOUGHT FOR yrs ago.

Thankful we still have a right to FREE SPEECH ,,, even if it is not in line with your thoughts

I been to the new two,,,,,it is good to see open, but I am not ready to sell my house, divorce the wife , and move in upstairs
soggysandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #133
mntnbound
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
So, I finally made it back to TWO this last Sat to grab some lunch while out hitting the FSR's around Suches, first time since they re-opened.

Disappointed.

While the place looks amazing and they did a great job on the rebuild, one thing they should have left alone... the menu!

Hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken strips... that's it?!?!?! Maybe its been too long since they closed or maybe I have a foggy memory but I thought they had a fairly decent menu before. Fish sandwiches, salads, BBQ etc.

I wouldn't really complain too much if the hamburgers were at least good. But they were awful, boxed burgers from Walmart at best. I think I will continue to pack my own food, since I got use to it while they were closed.

Bummer
mntnbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #134
Cataract2
Where to?

Oddometer: 1,250
It's possible they would be receptive to constructive criticism. If you were to let them know what needs improving and how they could go about improving it that could help things. Of course, this would mean they are willing to listen and take notes.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #135
basketcase
lifelong reject fixer

Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntnbound View Post
So, I finally made it back to TWO this last Sat to grab some lunch while out hitting the FSR's around Suches, first time since they re-opened.

Disappointed.

While the place looks amazing and they did a great job on the rebuild, one thing they should have left alone... the menu!

Hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken strips... that's it?!?!?! Maybe its been too long since they closed or maybe I have a foggy memory but I thought they had a fairly decent menu before. Fish sandwiches, salads, BBQ etc.

I wouldn't really complain too much if the hamburgers were at least good. But they were awful, boxed burgers from Walmart at best. I think I will continue to pack my own food, since I got use to it while they were closed.

Bummer
patience grasshopp'er, patience ... it shall improve with time.
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote