Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #91
riverman
Life is great !

Oddometer: 144
Has any of you mounted these on a Tiger 800XC using the Wolfman racks? If so, can you advise what the outside to outside dimension is for the setup? That is, the measurement from outside of one bag to the outside of the bag on the other side of bike. Thanks in advance.

'11 WR250R
'13 Tiger 800XC
riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #92
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverman View Post
Has any of you mounted these on a Tiger 800XC using the Wolfman racks? If so, can you advise what the outside to outside dimension is for the setup? That is, the measurement from outside of one bag to the outside of the bag on the other side of bike. Thanks in advance.
The Wolfman racks on a Tiger are 21". Plus 10.5 x 2 for the bags (dimensions from Wolfman's site), you're looking at 42" min.
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #93
riverman
Life is great !

Oddometer: 144
Wow! That makes for a wide ass load! You wouldn't happen to have any photos of the set-up by chance? Rear view shot of rack with bags and without bags would be nice.

'11 WR250R
'13 Tiger 800XC
riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #94
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,902
Quote:
Wow! That makes for a wide ass load! You wouldn't happen to have any photos of the set-up by chance? Rear view shot of rack with bags and without bags would be nice.
Yeah. That's why I went with the Monarch Pass bags on my XC. It's a real bummer that they made them so damn fat. I wish they went wider/lower rather than out.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:36 AM   #95
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,505
Quote:
No... I don't actually own the setup. Like Levian, I went with the Monarch Pass bags, but haven't even had a need to mount them up yet (just use the Hoops around town). If I need more capacity in the future, I'm thinking the Globescout hard cases with a 28L/35L combo, which should give me plenty of capacity for my needs at around 37".
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #96
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Oddometer: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by OR400 View Post
I am about to pull the trigger on these for my 950 Adv but have a couple questons. One reason I would get a bag this big is to ride with my wife. Is there any problem putting the front strap under the seat. Does not look like it would lessen the stability. I dont have my bike in front of me so do you know if there is room under the seat for the buckle.
Also I either have a HB rear box or I have a pelican case with Rotopax that I carry on a HB rear rack. Can I move the large top buckle enough to the side that my box will still attatch to the rack. I dont think there is enough clearance under the box for the buckle.
Thanks in advance and looks like a great product.
Sorry, I didn't see this until now You should be able to move the buckle enough to the side that it will be out of the way when traveling with a passenger. If not we have these https://wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm...product_id=310 that you can install instead of the straps with the buckles. Hope that helps!
Old 05-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #97
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,390
Another GSA owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
Hey joon1911,

We are working on a solution as we speak for this transition. The obvious problem here is the bags resting up against the pipe (thus potentially melting) and not really having a full 4-points to mount to. We have seen some guys fabricate their own plate for that area to allow the bags to mount. We should have a solution in the next few months or so...hope that helps.

Dusty
Wondering if you have come up with anything yet?
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:29 AM   #98
Three Dawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Dawg View Post
I really like the look of these bags. I was wondering if anyone has a pic of them on an 11XXGS with the straps under the seat, cos I usually carry a pillion. It looks like the overhang of the seat at the sides might stop the front strap sitting right. And a dedicated rack would be nice- they made a lot of those old GSs you know- I'm sure you'd sell enough to justify a run of them!
C'mon, someone must have tried these on an old oilhead!

Three Dawg screwed with this post 05-31-2013 at 06:05 AM
Three Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #99
GooseRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Is it possible to run the straps under the pillion seat with the buckles to one of the sides on the r1200gs? It would seem there is enough space on the exhaust side which makes the setup better for 2up riding.

Thanks!
GooseRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #100
Three Dawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
They do velcro joining straps which would make it easier to fit the straps under the seat- would do away with the buckles.
Three Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #101
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseRider View Post
Is it possible to run the straps under the pillion seat with the buckles to one of the sides on the r1200gs? It would seem there is enough space on the exhaust side which makes the setup better for 2up riding.

Thanks!
Hi Goose,

Ya what Three Dawg said, we have these straps that work well when you have a passenger...

http://wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm?...product_id=310
Old 06-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #102
lacofdfireman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 701
Will these work with the Rotopax also? I know it would be wide but when you need fuel on a 950 there isn't a whole lot of options unless you want to buy some $1800 safari tanks. I don't need that much fuel that often and the rotopax would be perfect. If they work and anyone has a photo of them mounted with rotopax especially on a KTM Adventure 9XX that would be sweet. Thanks..
lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #103
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacofdfireman View Post
Will these work with the Rotopax also? I know it would be wide but when you need fuel on a 950 there isn't a whole lot of options unless you want to buy some $1800 safari tanks. I don't need that much fuel that often and the rotopax would be perfect. If they work and anyone has a photo of them mounted with rotopax especially on a KTM Adventure 9XX that would be sweet. Thanks..
Hello,

The bags will definitely work with the rotopax set up. You are correct, it would be a bit wide...
Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #104
COXR650L
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,379
Thanks!!

I wanted give a BIG thanks to Eric and Wolfman for donating some great prizes for the WESTFEST RALLY this year in Buena Vista, CO.

Eric gave us some awesome gear to give away at the raffle, but I was really impressed with the Expedition Dry Duffle bag. The bag had some great features built in that are specific for moto riders and it would work soooo much better than a standard dry duffle from a sporting goods store After seeing the bags in person I was blown away with the functionality.

So thanks to a local company for their support! We really appreciate it!!

(Sorry for posting here I could not find a general Wolfman vendor thread....)

ben

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #105
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,350
Props as well for the Sipapu Shingding. Thank you Dusty and of course also to Dubinki for the killer pants schwag. Our local vendors are the bomb. Always go there first.

My donation to Ben was a bronze medal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
I wanted give a BIG thanks to Eric and Wolfman for donating some great prizes for the WESTFEST RALLY this year in Buena Vista, CO.

Eric gave us some awesome gear to give away at the raffle, but I was really impressed with the Expedition Dry Duffle bag. The bag had some great features built in that are specific for moto riders and it would work soooo much better than a standard dry duffle from a sporting goods store After seeing the bags in person I was blown away with the functionality.

So thanks to a local company for their support! We really appreciate it!!

(Sorry for posting here I could not find a general Wolfman vendor thread....)

ben
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote