Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #5356
pampaX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
bueno es legal asi que no importa si aduana ve esto je. Si, se como es por eso preguntaba ... aca es mas simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroka View Post
No seras oficial de Aduana o de AFIP no??

Trabajo para una compañía que representa acá en Arg a una empresa americana con headquarters en Houston.

Básicamente compro en TT USA, me lo hago enviar a Houston y cuando voy para allá o viene alguien para acá entra en equipaje de mano, que podes entrar hasta USD 300 legalmente.

En este caso, me encontre en Peru con una persona que venia de USA, me lo entrego y yo lo pase.

Con las cosas voluminosas es mas complicado.. pero tampoco es imposible, sabes como es el tema aca.. jejej

lo mismo hice con esto:

My G650X Challenge, Bike build thread on
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...7#post15320987
pampaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #5357
Sno Dawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 715
Remus exhaust for BMW XChallenge

I am selling a Remus slip on exhaust.

details
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=892686

make me an offer - I am not going to use it and it will just sit in my basement and gather dust.

I also have pics -

Jeff
2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5 V6 - RED SLED- RTT - 3 inch lift
Sno Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #5358
khpossum
poster

Oddometer: 461
TT tank syphoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by khpossum View Post
Update: found that sneaky little oring and got a new one. Also ordered some viton sheet. Since we live in the great country with its super high tech measurement system I could not find a metric thickness except in a huge quantity / price. But I did find a 6" x 6" x 3/32" sheet, just a bit thicker at 2.38 mm, but that may make the seal a little tighter.

I did find out the syphoning / sealing had worked reasonably well. When I took the gas cap off a lot of gasoline came out, it was filled well above the fill level. Good deal!

I think I finally got the syphoning to the TT tank to work reliably. The vent flange was not sealing reliably enough despite a new gasket. Sometimes it sealed and sometimes it did not. I was hesitant to tighten the screws too much, since they go in the plastic of the tank. Well, it seems some of these screw holes were pretty much stripped. I added some black RTV to the gasket surface and now things finally seem to work fine. Anybody find some oversize screws of the same type to use?

I added a clear fuel filter in the line to the XC tank. I can see if the syphon is working.

Checklist:
- TT tank (bought it used from Norway) works, riding range now acceptable
- TT bash plate installed (bought it used from Norway)
- Hotrod Welding rack installed
- Wolfman Rocky Mountain bags bought and installed and used for my first weekend ride.
- Horn replaced and it quit working, need to go back to Napa
- Fan-On LED installed
- Air shock replaced with Hyperpro
- Hyperliights installed
- Toolkit assembled
- Small Seahorse box installed on rack for around town riding
- SparkBright Voltage LED monitor installed, cheap way to check your charging system
- Got my riding spare parts
- Installed center stand (SW-Motech), not so easy to get it on the center - stand when the bike is loaded.
- MRA windshield
- Heated gear wiring installed

Left to do:
- Seat Concepts seat redo
- I have been looking at a vaportech, anybody used it on an XC with std dashboard?
- I need to install some other front fender. Last weekends ride with some mild mud crudded up parts of the radiator quickly.

The bike is just about ready for some long trips this summer and for another big one next summer, still working on my 2014 options.

KP
khpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #5359
jabroka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
received my TT tank today

90% installed, still got to route the fuel lines to the vent on the stock tank..

I think i'll add some vinyl graphics to the tank.. it looks too white.. I'm thinking something like this (sorry for my lack of pic editing skills)

jabroka screwed with this post 06-29-2013 at 06:00 PM
jabroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #5360
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Oddometer: 780
Bluhduh Need better fuel line...

I recommend replacing the fuel line that comes with the tank with something better. I have only had my tank for about 12 mo this and am having to replace the line because of cracking already.

Just my 2 cents.
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:49 AM   #5361
jtw000
Survivor

Oddometer: 548
Well I've had a slight issue with my BMW GX. Basically, long story short I ordered some switchgear from Highwaydirtbikes. Sadly I'm living in Cambodia and they went missing in the post to which they very decently refunded my money but cut off contact. I can hardly blame them for not wanting to deal with me again but it's a problem. It's a problem because I own several other bikes and have had to scavenge the switchgear. I have used a chinese kill-switch. Wow, just wow. It's wired backwards and the switches fell out in one day. So I got to to thinking and my dad is a retired engineer and he's building me a whole new set of switches. Let me give a rough description. On the left you have a maximum of 50mm width and on the right, about 30mm if you removed both pods. So we've come up with 25mm pods, I'll use two on one side and one on the other. Straight off, I'm changing the way my indicators work. I prefer the BMW push button so I'm using a hybrid of that and the Harley Davidson method, ie, click left to go left and push the same button again to cancel. Each pod has two switches, I'm sourcing a hazardproof IP67 switch, water and dustproof and I'm adding a custom top clamp for the remaining functions. So, my dad is planning to offer these for sale if they work out well enough. They'll fit any bikes with a 22mm bar, be turned by hand from solid billet aluminum and fitted with either push to make or latching switches in black, red or blue. They can be used to add switches or replace the horrible standard gear with something pretty. The clamps will have space for 3 more of the same type of switch, ideal for adding spotlights or interrupters. Here are some preliminary drawings, the prototypes should be fitted in about 4 weeks.
Cheers. PM me if you're interested.

jtw000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #5362
Pine Sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
adjustable levers....

hello,

just thought that i would pass this on.
i bought these from ebay.
the brake fits straight on, and the clutch needs some tweaking... but it will fit.

Pine Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #5363
chokozip
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
So what did you do to the clutch?

I really like the set BS-Motoparts sells but they wont ship to the states or Canada.

Sean

chokozip screwed with this post 07-05-2013 at 10:54 PM Reason: Cant spell:)-
chokozip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #5364
Pine Sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
the only reason i tried the adjustable levers was because, i (and the shop) just couldnt get more pressure for the brake lever. and now with the new adjustable brake lever, the feel is much better

as for the clutch, the mounting hole, was longer then what was needed, so i had to trim it down, it also needed a shim (sleeve for the screw to go through) of something to stop the wearing on the mounting screw, same as the brass shim on the stock lever. and then it needed some re-shaping to fit into the housing.
it wasnt difficult, just some patients, but the end result is well worth it....
Pine Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:58 AM   #5365
jtw000
Survivor

Oddometer: 548
I'm using a Honda CR250 clutch lever. I wanted adjustable because I've got a heavy duty clutch and because... well... it looked cool. I had to sand off a little metal, took about 10 minutes with wet'n'dry wrapped round a file. Perfect.
jtw000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #5366
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post
Does any one want to trade my small touratech rack for your extra skid plate (factory or otherwise). I can add cash if needed to make up the difference. Shoot me a PM if you've got an extra bash plate you don't need.
Sounds like xaman found a bash plate.. I have a small TT rack and a plastic skid/bash plate, I'd like to trade, plus some $$ for a different skid plate. I have the plastic one (I can't remember the mfg.) it's got a lot of scratches in it..
I'd like to find a substantial metal skid/bash plate instead.. . (I'll also throw in the factory skid plate that rides inside my plastic one.)

Jeff
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #5367
jabroka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Look what I've just picked up

Old 07-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #5368
khpossum
poster

As mentioned in an earlier post I got my Touratech siphoning to work. I also installed a filter in the line that takes the fuel to the factory tank. That is working fine as well. It did get me curious though, where is the factory fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator. It does not have what my Dakar had, an external integral fuel filter/regulator. So, I assume it is al built in the fuel tank, but I do not see anything on a part fiche. So where are these things?

Just curious,

KP
Old 07-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #5369
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by khpossum View Post
As mentioned in an earlier post I got my Touratech siphoning to work. I also installed a filter in the line that takes the fuel to the factory tank. That is working fine as well. It did get me curious though, where is the factory fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator. It does not have what my Dakar had, an external integral fuel filter/regulator. So, I assume it is al built in the fuel tank, but I do not see anything on a part fiche. So where are these things?

Just curious,

KP
Work on your Google skills and look harder at the parts fiche. It is the top flange in the gas tank. Filter is part of the pump system.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #5370
khpossum
poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
Work on your Google skills and look harder at the parts fiche. It is the top flange in the gas tank. Filter is part of the pump system.

I must be lacking reading skills, not necessarily Google skills. It must be my old eyes, I do not see anything called "regulator", "pressure regulator" or "filter" or anything like it in the parts fiche. I do see a strainer, but a strainer does not equate fuel filter. All fuel pumps I have seen have a strainer at the fuel pump inlet and a separate fuel filter. If it is part of the pump assy then only that answer really would have sufficed. ..........

kp

Edit: deleted all my sarcastic comments.

khpossum screwed with this post 07-19-2013 at 01:39 PM