ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 125 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #11
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stricko View Post
So I got a SPOT connect 1 month ago. put new Lithium batteries in it.bought a RAM mount for the handlebars to give it a clear view of the sky. took off on a rece ride for a look see and to test the tracking on the SPOT... switched on , did a checkin all OK .. set tracking ON waited for a while then took off for the ride. 1/2 hr later noticed that no lights were working on the SPOT.. turned back on and took off again... checked to see if it was working NO LIGHTS ON !!!
BLahh didnt bother to turn it on again... Bought another set of batteries for the next weekend trip and day of departure did the same routine... and the SPOT continued to turn off over the 2 day ride !!
Logged a warrenty claim via their website with a lengthy note regarding it's NON performance.And told them to have a look at the checkins and tracking to see that it was shuting down . Got an email with a place to send it back to when I recieve the new one. Now awaiting for the replacement SPOT to see if it is as dodgy as the first one..
And yes I tried stuffing the battery cover with paper - foam - ear plug etc But as I explained to SPOT in my lengthy note " I am baffled why I should have to Stuff the battery compartment to stop batteries possibly rattling loose" " when they claim and state it is built tough and rugged "
I shall report again once I recieve and test the replacement SPOT connect.
Wow, that stinks.

Although the SPOT Connect sounded like a great concept when it came out, has there been anyone that's really happy with it and having good luck? I haven't seen a lot of reports of it in this thread, but what I have seen seems to be negative in most aspects.

I hope it the 2nd one works better for you.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote