User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
forxlr8n OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
First ever ride report. Around the Southwest on a V-rod

I started this ride on the 21th of March leaving out in a hurry to mis rain that was heading in to Va. I did the gas and dash for three tank fulls. Now after these long sections I switched over to riding at lest 100 miles between stops.After a couple of them it was fair game to stop after 50miles. I hit the rain in Little Rock but pushed on throught to the other side and stopped about 40 miles west of LR. Wow 780 miles on the V-rod which was a personal best for me. Then the bad news the rain had found it's way to my phone. There was a Verzion store in the Okie state till I pulled in to Ok City. To my amazement mine came from Cellular Sales and if I wanted a new one that ment a trip 90 miles south to Lawton to the last store West I could find.Well you know I went South picked up the phone call the wife and all was well again. From there it was back roads running up at a angle to get back on I40. I must say West Texas is depressing as I rode through old main streets in these little towns. Nothing but dust and cob webs in the windows of every store. Where did all the people go? Pulled in to Amarillo Tx. In the morning it was another cooking and booking day as I pulled into Flagstaff that night. The total for three days riding 2100 miles. I crawled out of bed to a little nip in the air but I was on a mission to see the Grand Canyon today. I was and am still amazed at the Canyon. Pictures will never do the justice it deserves. Standing on the rim was awe inspiring. Nothing else I say can give you the vision unless you've been there before. I took the Rim road around for more views.

forxlr8n screwed with this post 06-06-2013 at 07:20 AM
forxlr8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
forxlr8n OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41

forxlr8n screwed with this post 06-06-2013 at 07:22 AM
forxlr8n is offline   Reply With Quote