Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #31
Wingfixer
Watch this...

Oddometer: 3,122
Subscribed! Ride safe! You'll be surprised what will fit in the connie's cases, I've had mine since '08 and it still surprises me what'll fit!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #32
Ponies ate my Bagel OP
Bisexual Bandit

Oddometer: 1,872
We got into town around 9:30 this morning. We had 3 flight transfers with about 6 hours of layovers. We took a red eye to maximize my vacation time and save money. When we got into town Teresa was absolutely exhausted, I managed to get about 4 hours of sleep.

Dad picked us up at the airport and Teresa passed out for a few hours. Dad and I went out for lunch at fado's irish pub.

Dad and I are really close and I haven't seen him in 2 years I'm really glad I got to spend time with him. Hes absolutely awesome and if I ever had kids I'd be hard pressed to be 1/10th the dad he was to me.
DRZ400SM with SM/DS wheelsets Sold
2002 Honda VFR Interceptor Went Kablooey!
Ponies ate my Bagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #33
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponies ate my Bagel View Post
We got into town around 9:30 this morning. We had 3 flight transfers with about 6 hours of layovers. We took a red eye to maximize my vacation time and save money. When we got into town Teresa was absolutely exhausted, I managed to get about 4 hours of sleep.
Wow, did you take a detour through Hawaii? Glad you made it safe and almost sound.
When are you hitting the road?
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #34
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
may I offer a suggestion?

keep the camera steady before taking the pic.

Someone probably pulled back on the throttle of an old Harley, the ground shook... it was pretty extraordinary, and PAMB couldn't control himself...
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #35
Ponies ate my Bagel OP
Bisexual Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
Wow, did you take a detour through Hawaii? Glad you made it safe and almost sound.
When are you hitting the road?
We went SLO> LA>Chicago> Atlanta. I'm in the van with my parents as I type this. We have a family reunion today and we should get on the road tomorrow morning.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #36
MaineScoot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 517
So how was the reunion? We're going to one for my wife's family at the end of the month.
Have you ridden the bike yet?

MaineScoot screwed with this post 06-09-2013 at 05:13 AM
MaineScoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #37
Wingfixer
Watch this...

Yeah! Enough reunionating, get with the pictures, chop chop!!
Old 06-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #38
Wingfixer
Watch this...

Whatttya sleepin in? California ain't getting any closer!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #39
Dirigo
Curious

Oddometer: 307
Subscribed!

Enjoy the vacation with Mrs PAMB!!
Old 06-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #40
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfixer View Post
Whatttya sleepin in? California ain't getting any closer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirigo View Post
Quote:
We went SLO> LA>Chicago> Atlanta. I'm in the van with my parents as I type this. We have a family reunion today and we should get on the road tomorrow morning.
The masses have spoken. No "here we are loaded and ready to leave" pics?
Ride safe!
oooh....just checked the weather in Atlanta...
Old 06-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #41
Ponies ate my Bagel OP
Bisexual Bandit

Holed up in Brandond Mississippi

Jesus you FF's are needy!

The reunion went really well, unfortunately I didn't grab a ton of pics because I was to busy stuffing my face full of crab and crawfish. Here are some pics of my uncle's place, I only had 3g last night so I couldn't get stuff posted until I got some decent access. Right now the wife and I are eating Dominoes at the Laquinta Inn in Brandon Mississippi and I'm using their wifi. So here are some pics from my uncle's place and then I'll get to the RR you illiterate bastids.

My cousin Chad riding his little raptor. I got to see him do wheelies and stoppies on it, but I was to lazy to take pics.

This is his twin brother Matthew, everybody in my family can ride. My mom used to be a badass on a bike, but she doesn't ride now.

This is one of like 4 sheds packed full of fun toys.

This is my Uncle's 'Busa, you can't see it but the other side is entirely destroyed. His step son dropped it at like 10 mph and caused 3k in damage according to insurance.

Here, have some American muscle. This is my Uncle's road runner, the motor is stroked and bored out. It's an absolute monster.

This is the redline my uncle and cousin race. He was in Durham Town a few weeks ago and flipped it end over end about 4 times.

My new (to me) C14 with my cousin's '07 Gixxer.

So now that you asshats have some pics, I'll fill ya'll in on the trip so far. So we left Atlanta around 8am head for Cordele GA. I think we got there right around noon. We had a low country boil and pretty much had a fantastic get together. I got to see almost all of my remaining family including my 90 yr. old great grandmother. We had 5 generations under one roof, it was the first time Mrs. PamB got to meet everyone. It was fantastic and I'm pretty sure it's the last time that will happen for another generation as my great grandmother is not doing well.

After the festivities I went out with my cousin to fill the C14 up. I am seriously embarrassed to say this, but I dropped it at the gas station. My Grandpa lowered the bike and the kickstand is difficult to deploy. I didn't know that, but I should have kicked it to make sure. It's ok though, my cousin's Gixxer broke it's fall There wasn't any real damage, just a scuff on one of the saddle bags. We made some adjustments to the bike and I took Mrs. PamB for a ride. She was very happy with it.

This morning we left the house around 9 am. We took Hwy 280 to Hwy 80, it was a great ride. We made good time and rode for about 8 1/2 hours in total. It was great, but I think we spent about 6 hours being rained on. My wife decided not to wear her rain gear after we stopped for lunch and of course that was when the heavens opened up. It wasn't bad though, she was actually overheating so it worked well to cool her off. Unfortunately now her mesh jacket is soaked. I've got to repack the saddle bags tonight, they are stuffed to the limit. I think I'll bungie my wife's red backpack to the rear rack and use it to hold our rain gear.

I bought some mesh pants from and inmate and had them tailored, but I didn't get to try them before we left. They were a miserable failure. We got off Hwy 80 and Jumped on I20 in Meridian Mississippi. About the time we got on the freeway a truck hit a puddle and literally drenched my grandpa in probably 500 gallons of water. As we got near Brandon the weather started to get nasty. We hadn't hit any thunderstorms yet, but we would if we kept going. So we pulled off and got a room. Here is the pic from today, I've got to get up around 6:00 tomorrow so I'm going to sack out. This is my Grandpa and my great uncle after we got our rooms.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #42
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Jesus you FF's are needy!

Wow, that is a heck of a collection of toys! Those are a couple of nice bikes you are riding with!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:33 AM   #43
jimtom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
you say "I've got to get up at 6 tomorrow" like that's early
jimtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:09 AM   #44
10 Man
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,843
we had some heavy storms move through N Ms. yesterday afternoon 40 mph winds and raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock ... I was a little worried about you guys ....didnt know if you were comming across hwy 78 or I 20 you would have ran through them on hwy 78.
hope the weather stays clear for ya now ... the connie looks like a good hwy bike for a guy your age ....bet your enjoying it .
Old 06-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #45
Wingfixer
Watch this...

Woo Hoo! Makin miles! Ride on little pony, ride on!