Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #226
Brake OP
"Tractor right up it"

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon5 View Post
I liked the area and it was close to my house. I hope we play there again.

Cool place and was definetly nice to have a shorter drive home than everything south. Sounded like they were trying to work with the landowner, somewhat successfully, to have this a return event. Maybe even a two day....
Brake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #227
no2tracks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Tucker Ranch

Rounds 4 & 5 of the RMTA schedule at Tucker Ranch, June 1 & 2.
no2tracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #228
Moto Beak
Professional Amateur

Oddometer: 201
I'll make it for Sunday. Maybe I should practice a little. I didn't do so good at Stock Ranch.
Moto Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #229
Mike D
Corporate Cog

Oddometer: 1,314
Here are a couple videos from yesterday:

"There are dreams of love, life, and adventure in all of us. But we are also sadly filled with reasons why we shouldn't try. These reasons seem to protect us, but in truth they imprison us. They hold life at a distance. Life will be over sooner than we think. If we have bikes to ride and people to love, now is the time." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross (1926-2004)

Help keep our trails open; join COHVCO
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #230
Brake OP
"Tractor right up it"

Oddometer: 495
Nice videos and a fun trials. I had some pretty tired faces roll through the section i was scoring. Props to the Busch brothers for the set-up. I have always enjoyed watching and riding the ones they do.
Brake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #231
no2tracks
Gnarly Adventurer

Tired faces

Yeah there were a lot of sweaty, tired faces during the last lap. I was at section 8, the last of 4 in a row. My first time scoring. It was neat to watch all the different techniques and lines.

I thought it was really thoughtful of the Tuckers to have all those white flowers throughout the campsites. And the view of the Sangre's was nice too! Great weather and campsite, it was a great weekend for trials!

The only downside for me was that I Spazzed out bad in section 4 amateur line. Caught my pinkie between a rock and a hard handlebar, stuck my foot out into space, where my body followed it, tumbling down the rocks and my bike landed on top of me. Luckily I had my hands up and hit the engine case and swingarm to push it off of me. Luckily my hands didn't go into the spinning rear wheel. Someone righted the bike that never stalled and I rode away.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #232
Mike D
Corporate Cog

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2tracks View Post
Yeah there were a lot of sweaty, tired faces during the last lap. I was at section 8, the last of 4 in a row. My first time scoring. It was neat to watch all the different techniques and lines.

I thought it was really thoughtful of the Tuckers to have all those white flowers throughout the campsites. And the view of the Sangre's was nice too! Great weather and campsite, it was a great weekend for trials!

The only downside for me was that I Spazzed out bad in section 4 amateur line. Caught my pinkie between a rock and a hard handlebar, stuck my foot out into space, where my body followed it, tumbling down the rocks and my bike landed on top of me. Luckily I had my hands up and hit the engine case and swingarm to push it off of me. Luckily my hands didn't go into the spinning rear wheel. Someone righted the bike that never stalled and I rode away.
I saw that spazzing - - it was really something to witness. When the bike landed on you, I thought for sure your hands were going to enter into a losing battle with the rear wheel. But then you popped up and rode away like nothing happened!! It was pretty awesome. Glad you're okay.
"There are dreams of love, life, and adventure in all of us. But we are also sadly filled with reasons why we shouldn't try. These reasons seem to protect us, but in truth they imprison us. They hold life at a distance. Life will be over sooner than we think. If we have bikes to ride and people to love, now is the time." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross (1926-2004)

Old 06-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #233
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Here are a couple videos from yesterday:

I'm curious. What score was this rider given?
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #234
Mike D
Corporate Cog

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunky View Post
I'm curious. What score was this rider given?
I scored him a 3

Old 06-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #235
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
I scored him a 3
I'm genuinely curious, not trying to start a fight...

Do your rules allow both feet down stopped? Is that normal for "modern rules?" I thought 1 foot down stopped was OK (the dreaded all day dab) but two feet down was a 5.

Thanks
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #236
Mike D
Corporate Cog

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunky View Post
I'm genuinely curious, not trying to start a fight...

Do your rules allow both feet down stopped? Is that normal for "modern rules?" I thought 1 foot down stopped was OK (the dreaded all day dab) but two feet down was a 5.

Thanks
This is only my second season - so I may be mistaken (but I don't think so): 2 feet down is ok (2 pts min) as long as they are on opposite sides of the bike, and between the axles. (i.e. If a rider loops the bike out but is able to hold on, that's a 5 because his feet are behind the rear axle).

Old 06-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #237
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,262
you scored it right.

that is within rules as we've known them for a while, 2 feet down is still a "2" moving or not. Now technically any rearward movement is a 5, but unless you go more than an inch or two, most judges give that to you, not all, but most. this is because it is a "friendly & Amature sport" almost all ran by volunteers, of clubs, here in usa. Sometimes, a pro rider might not get so "lenient judging" by pro judges (which there are none).

if there is big money, like nascar or motcross, then the rules get tightened big time, when it is amature, how many times you recall getting flagged in junior high football for spiking the football, in YMCA football (volunteer everything)?
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #238
laser17
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2tracks View Post

Glad to hear you weren't hurt too bad - could have been much worse. Im installing a tether type kill switch Monday to save me and the motor in such cases. Our organization is making them mandatory next year. Much safer for the spectators too!
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #239
no2tracks
Gnarly Adventurer

South Metro

Next event is South Metro off highway 85, Sunday July 28. More info;

http://rockymountaintrials.org/schedule.html
Old 07-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #240
Brake OP
"Tractor right up it"