Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #436
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
Ask in southwest regional for the best info.
Corrected. We are East. Hey Dave have you found any fried pies? I need time for a pie run.

If you are up farther in Roanoke there is a very nice Brazilian restaurant called Carlos Brazilian. Pricy but very good. Big one of those bad meat on a stick places.

Wee Strommin along.

biker128pedal screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 03:15 PM
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #437
jdrocks OP
Gravel Runner

Oddometer: 4,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
Corrected. We are East. Hey Dave have you found any fried pies? I need time for a pie run.

If you are up farther in Roanoke there is a very nice Brazilian restaurant called Carlos Brazilian. Pricy but very good. Big one of those bad meat on a stick places.
thanks for the correction, i hate posting from a freakin' phone. hope that inmate got the info he was looking for.

not in Roanoke, but back on the Border...

water high and fast, washed out roads. ya know it's gettin' deep when the bow wave washes over the bars and the motor gets real quiet...'cause it's running underwater.

(photo courtesy of WayneJ, way faster than i am, but at least i kept him in sight. the water was higher and faster the next day, and Wayne went down while crossing one of these)
jdrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #438
fasteddiecopeman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Back when I 'raced' enduros, one enduro decided to hold a "...let's see who can ride the DEEPEST ..." in a creek, so one of the 'brain-surgeons' decided to mount a snorkel to the aircleaner of his bike, and run it up UNDER his riding jersey so the air-inlet was at the rear of his helmet, figuring he could ride in 4 or 5 FEET and win the... whatever...!

You can PROBABLY picture it - he rode in, deeper, DEEPER, then his whole bike was underwater STILL moving....

He must've 'washed-out' (GOOD choice of words?), because all-of-a-sudden he went over sideways plunging HIM totally under water, because, OF COURSE his snorkel attached him physically to the motorcycle....

A few of us dove in and rescued him, but....
fasteddiecopeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #439
jdrocks OP
Gravel Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

A few of us dove in and rescued him, but....
i'm always in preservation mode, both body and bike, so those crossings spook me a little. can't see the bottom, you know the flow is going to push ya off your line, and you have to carry speed and momentum. when you do get across, whew, on to the next one.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #440
slowpoke69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
I ain't so sure.

They just tranqed a black bear in Delran, NJ last week, ONLY 3-400 lbs, but a bear nonetheless, and we grow some damn fine peaches here in S. Jersey!

Unlike them NASTY store bought ones, ours run all over ya when ya bite 'em. DAMN, now I want pie too!!

Just wonderin' JDR, how big are you, I'm 6'1"/ 240, do you think a Versys can handle my big ass?[

QUOTE=fasteddiecopeman;20771966]I gotta agree with jd - REAL bears do NOT live where peaches grow.... [/QUOTE]
slowpoke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #441
jdrocks OP
Gravel Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke69 View Post
They just tranqed a black bear in Delran, NJ last week, ONLY 3-400 lbs, but a bear nonetheless, and we grow some damn fine peaches here in S. Jersey!

Unlike them NASTY store bought ones, ours run all over ya when ya bite 'em. DAMN, now I want pie too!!

Just wonderin' JDR, how big are you, I'm 6'1"/ 240, do you think a Versys can handle my big ass?[

QUOTE=fasteddiecopeman;20771966]I gotta agree with jd - REAL bears do NOT live where peaches grow....
[/QUOTE]

fasteddie is from western Canuckistan, so yeah, his bears are bigger.

as for you on a Versys, go for it. if anyone could break a Versys in half, that would be me, ain't happened...so far.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #442
fasteddiecopeman
Gnarly Adventurer

Hell - we got GOPHERS bigger'n those S Jersey "slowpoke69" bears around these parts...!

Old 06-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #443
jdrocks OP
Gravel Runner

Quote:
Hell - we got GOPHERS bigger'n those S Jersey...!
in case the Pony Express hasn't reached you out in the bush with the news of the world...

you might have big gophers, but New Jersey has these really really big PETA women who chase the bear hunters around in the woods, bet you don't have those.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #444
fasteddiecopeman
Gnarly Adventurer

Let's see... new Tourance rubber F & R 'spooned' on - CHECK;
... throttle-bodies synched - CHECK; ... oil/ filter changed - CHECK;
... air-filter cleaned - CHECK; WD40 all over the chain - CHECK!

Looks like I'm ready to roll, Dave.

Hell I'll PROBABLY be able to go at least 50, MAYBE 60 (!!!) mph , so all you're gonna see is a GREEN STREAK, but watch for the sonic boom thru my Mach wave....

Cheers,
the fast one
Old 06-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #445
jdrocks OP
Gravel Runner

Quote:
Let's see... new Tourance rubber F & R 'spooned' on - CHECK;
... throttle-bodies synched - CHECK; ... oil/ filter changed - CHECK;
... air-filter cleaned - CHECK; WD40 all over the chain - CHECK!

Looks like I'm ready to roll, Dave.

Hell I'll PROBABLY be able to go at least 50, MAYBE 60 (!!!) mph , so all you're gonna see is a GREEN STREAK, but watch for the sonic boom thru my Mach wave....

Cheers,
the fast one

that's all good, nifty, swell, and all...but then ya blew it by posting up in the wrong thread. you're supposed to be traveling in this one, y'all been into the LaBatts again?