Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #16
RealChemist
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Tom Sykes just set the lap record with a crashed bike from 7 laps down...machine is right. Can we see this man in motogp maybe?
RealChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #17
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,532
Race 2 Spoilers!

Spoilers below!

V

V

V

An Aprilia 1-2 in race 2, as Laverty grabs the win and Guintoli seizes another 20 points in the championship run. Rea nabbed third, Baz 4th, Davies in fifth, and Checa had one of his better finishes of the year so far in sixth.

Race 1 winner Melandri had big tire trouble, falling to 12th place.

As noted by someone else here earlier, Guintoli's consistency is going to develop a points lead that may be insurmountable by season's end. He currently leads Sykes by 28 points in the championship.

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be

spezjag screwed with this post 06-09-2013 at 11:04 AM Reason: I suck at typing
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,509
Ok, I missed the first couple laps of race 2....wth happened to Sykes? They mentioned a crash on the sighting lap, but he came back and set a lap record?!
Old 06-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #19
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbo View Post
Ok, I missed the first couple laps of race 2....wth happened to Sykes? They mentioned a crash on the sighting lap, but he came back and set a lap record?!
Having crashed before the race start, he had to start from the pit road, allowing everyone to start first.

He set a blazing pace to try to make up for the disadvantage, but he later dropped out due to mechanical issues.

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
Old 06-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #20
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag View Post
Having crashed before the race start, he had to start from the pit road, allowing everyone to start first.

He set a blazing pace to try to make up for the disadvantage, but he later dropped out due to mechanical issues.

He did finish race 2, albeit in last place. Was he just over anxious on the warmup lap?
Old 06-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #21
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag View Post

And then went back out 7 laps down, set a lap record and finished 17th. It got confusing.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #22
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbo View Post
He did finish race 2, albeit in last place. Was he just over anxious on the warmup lap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperbikemike
And then went back out 7 laps down, set a lap record and finished 17th. It got confusing
Wow, I missed that part in the online wrap-ups!

Old 06-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #23
twotyred
Practising Recedivist

Oddometer: 1,849
Quotes from Crash.net:-

Exiting the pit lane, Sykes explains he clipped the inside kerb of turn one, which was higher than he expected, causing him to flip over the front of the Kawasaki ZX-10R, hurt his leg and damage the bike.

Though he was able to get it back to the garage for swift repairs, Sykes – having started from the pit lane – managed just two exploratory laps before peeling back in again to effectively retire.

Going on to re-join the race and break the lap record whilst circulating seven laps down, a disappointed Sykes admits he feels he has 'let a few people down' with his costly mistake.

“I expected the first race to be just as close as it was, and obviously the guys who finished first and second were riding really strongly, but I was struggling a little bit with race performance. But we made a good podium and scored good points,” he said.

“Portimao is not one of my strongest circuits and still we could fight for the win. In race two the fall was my fault because in turn one on my out lap I ran over the kerbstone on the inside. The piece of kerbstone looked quite flat but in the last moment I realised it was a big high kerb and it chucked me over the front of the bike.

“The bike flipped, landed on me and it was a big crash. It hurt my right leg and gave me a headache. We had made improvements on the bike for race two and we proved that was the case because we went on to break the lap record.

“I was just riding to the limits of the bike in each race. This is my worst circuit but in both races we raced to the limit of the package and it felt easier to do this record lap time in race two. I feel I have let a few people down but I do not want to be too hard on myself as it is the first mistake I have made for a long time.”

More enthusiasm than ability!!
twotyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #24
okiegtrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 423
Hated to see such a disaster for Laverty in race one, then Sykes in race two, but it sure makes things look interesting in the championship.

Super sport race was amazing! Lowes and the Russian racing team are fun to watch.

Am really enjoying the coverage on BEiN. I was worried about that before the season started, turns out is way better than Speed channel ever provided.
okiegtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #25
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiegtrider View Post
Hated to see such a disaster for Laverty in race one, then Sykes in race two, but it sure makes things look interesting in the championship.

Super sport race was amazing! Lowes and the Russian racing team are fun to watch.

Am really enjoying the coverage on BEiN. I was worried about that before the season started, turns out is way better than Speed channel ever provided.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #26
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
Oh if you didn't see the WSS race.....holy fuck, beg, barrow, cheat, steal.

....just make sure you see the last ten laps
Just catching up om the SBK races from last weekend. Indeed, WSS was awesome.

The SBK races were great too.